Purple going out of business ?

On Friday it will breaking news about Purple is out of business so I will be happy no more dishonest company!

oh rly?

The product would crash ?

oh rly?

The product would crash ?

Possible, Yes, it is very possible. If Purple ceased business, it would make sense that we have to shut our servers down, and therefore, the P3 program and MVP will no longer work.

The SEC filing is public information available to anyone. Only Purple has to report to SEC because it is a publicly traded company, all the other VRS companies are privately owned.

Possible, Yes, it is very possible. If Purple ceased business, it would make sense that we have to shut our servers down, and therefore, the P3 program and MVP will no longer work.

The SEC filing is public information available to anyone. Only Purple has to report to SEC because it is a publicly traded company, all the other VRS companies are privately owned.

look here

Greg Hlibok (15:30:48) :

The intent of this ruling is to address fraud and protect the integrity of VRS. It simply reaffirms the compensability of employee generating calls where these calls should be covered as a business expense, not on a per-minute basis. This ruling should, in no way, discourage providers from employing deaf individuals. The argument that this ruling harms deaf employees is suggesting, in a subtle way, that had it not for providers receiving compensation for their employees’ VRS calls on a per-minute fee basis, VRS providers would not employ deaf employees. If it is the case, then why would any deaf employees want to work for a provider who embraces this perception and attitude?

Ed’s Telecom Alert FCC Ruling on VRS Staff and VCO Calls

FCC is discriminated against deaf employment.

FCC is discriminated against deaf employment. Purple3 should not pay FCC fee because FCC is willfully knowing that FCC violated ADA.

I got an email from someone who work for Purple

Good afternoon:

Just a few weeks ago we shared with you that we were optimistic about
reaching the other side of the current regulatory crisis. We were
engaged in global settlement discussions with all the relevant agencies
and based on our discussions with the government (after our many months
of cooperating in the industry and Purple investigation) we believed
that we would be able to find a mutually satisfactory resolution and
settlement for Purple. Unfortunately, were surprised and disappointed to
learn from the FCC in the last 7-days that our path via a global
settlement with the government is being blocked at the FCC – this
means unfortunately, but frankly, the company’s future is now at
risk. We share this with you, not to alarm you, but to give you an
honest view of where we are, the options we are considering and to leave
to you to decide how you might help by reaching out to family or friends
that do not want to see Purple go out of business.

BACKGROUND

On Thursday Feb-25th the FCC issued a ruling that clarifies the type of
calls they say are reimbursable to providers under the TRS program.
The FCC has told Purple that these rules are being applied retroactively
for all providers and any minutes submitted historically that meet the
criteria in this ruling are subject to review (and repayment to the
fund).

As we understand that the new ruling, means, among other things, that
any calls made by our employees or contractors (regardless of your job
and regardless of whether the call was a conference call or one-on-one
call between a deaf employee and a hearing person) are NOT eligible for
reimbursement; either historically or in the future. We do not agree
with this policy on a number of levels, including potential
discrimination towards employment of people who are deaf.

In addition to the ruling, the FCC has also made demands to Purple that
we immediately pay them a significant amount (several millions of
dollars) for calls that would appear the FCC deems are in conflict with
the their rules (including these new rules). In addition, unless we
pay the demanded amounts, the FCC has frozen all future funds. As a
result of these actions, we obviously have reached a breaking point and
without those funds, we will not able to continue to operate our
business and will suspend or cease operations as early as during the
next week.

We believe we are among the first to be subjected to this new
withholding and demand for retroactive repayment, however the new rules
will be industry wide and will also affect other providers (who may
likely undergo the same experience).

OUR GOAL

Our goal is to work to end the withholding of payment for December
minutes next week and keep the company alive. We are using all
appropriate resources to persuade the FCC to release the December
payments owed to the company.

OUR OPTIONS

If we do not receive payment very soon, we will need to suspend
providing services or take other actions (bankruptcy, etc.). If all
avenues are unsuccessful at getting the funds released we would have no
choice but to cease operations and close the company permanently which
would be a real tragedy for all of us.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

We want to keep Purple alive and if you agree we need your help. In a
separate email, Kelby will provide interested parties with
instructions. This still is a good industry. We’re a good company
and we will continue to fight for all of our families, our customers and
vendors who rely on Purple every day.

We will do our best to keep you posted on progress. In the meanwhile,
please do your best to stay focused on serving our customers.

I am so damn glad that FCC has taken action against Purple! I can't wait for this!

On Friday it will breaking news about Purple is out of business so I will be happy no more dishonest company!

You are nothing but a shill for Sorenson. I'm sure you're going to be very happy Purple lay off Deaf employees, am I right?

You are nothing but a shill for Sorenson. I'm sure you're going to be very happy Purple lay off Deaf employees, am I right?

You guys see the video on sorenson mail today ?

I call this: Deaf pecking at other deaf when basically what they were doing was out of their hands (and control). It's sad, really. Get a life, guys.

I am not happy to see deaf employees get lay off but I am happy Purple to out of business to not DO FRAUD!

Purple abuse FCC's payment, do the math!

I am not happy to see deaf employees get lay off but I am happy Purple to out of business to not DO FRAUD!

Purple abuse FCC's payment, do the math!

Whatever. I still think you want to see Purple fail and Sorenson succeed. How come you don't mention anything about Sorenson's refusal to leave a customer's videophone fully functioning while the porting process occurred? ANd what about the 10-digit number fiasco? Where are your comments about that? Oh that's right, you're busy servicing Sorenson.

How come you don't mention anything about Sorenson's refusal to leave a customer's videophone fully functioning while the porting process occurred? ANd what about the 10-digit number fiasco? Where are your comments about that? Oh that's right, you're busy servicing Sorenson.

I think that's obvious. Say, you have a cell phone from AT&T, and your phone number is 123-456-7890. You find a better phone (and deal) at Verizon, but you want to keep your phone number. You port 123-456-7890 to Verizon. Now you have an AT&T phone without service. Can you make/receive calls with your AT&T phone? You cannot, it is no longer functioning. Same principal applies to how Sorenson does it.

Whatever. I still think you want to see Purple fail and Sorenson succeed. How come you don't mention anything about Sorenson's refusal to leave a customer's videophone fully functioning while the porting process occurred? ANd what about the 10-digit number fiasco? Where are your comments about that? Oh that's right, you're busy servicing Sorenson.

Honestly, I think Sorenson did do the right thing about not fully functioning. LIke one good example, if you have tmobile, you get free NBA because tmobile is with NBA. then happen you want to get a sprint cell phone, then you porting to Sprint, you will lost free NBA on the cell phone from tmobile then you get NFL and NASCAR from spring for a free. does it make sense? UM?!?!?!?

I am supporting CONVO relay, Sorenson, ZVRS etc for being honest but PURPLE, no because I already saw with my own eyes when my girlfriend was working for Purple and they were PRESSURE on my girlfriend to tell customer to USE USE their service and my girlfriend was like um, did you know that it is against the FCC law? and guess what boss told her? if you want to keep this job, just thyen do it if not, then BYE BYE! my girlfriend was upset and decided to resigned because she does not want to do with their damn MINS MINS MINS MINS of service and pressure on all reps! You are just so damn BLIND by purple, for sure. I already saw with my own eyes!

and btw, sorenson already told them on a Video Center and they said WE are not thinking of MINS MINS MINS but provide and service the customer even the company will pay when you call some business company and another VRS may stop service that because they could not afford.

Honestly, I think Sorenson did do the right thing about not fully functioning. LIke one good example, if you have tmobile, you get free NBA because tmobile is with NBA. then happen you want to get a sprint cell phone, then you porting to Sprint, you will lost free NBA on the cell phone from tmobile then you get NFL and NASCAR from spring for a free. does it make sense? UM?!?!?!?

I am supporting CONVO relay, Sorenson, ZVRS etc for being honest but PURPLE, no because I already saw with my own eyes when my girlfriend was working for Purple and they were PRESSURE on my girlfriend to tell customer to USE USE their service and my girlfriend was like um, did you know that it is against the FCC law? and guess what boss told her? if you want to keep this job, just thyen do it if not, then BYE BYE! my girlfriend was upset and decided to resigned because she does not want to do with their damn MINS MINS MINS MINS of service and pressure on all reps! You are just so damn BLIND by purple, for sure. I already saw with my own eyes!

and btw, sorenson already told them on a Video Center and they said WE are not thinking of MINS MINS MINS but provide and service the customer even the company will pay when you call some business company and another VRS may stop service that because they could not afford.

Well, I was resigned from Sorenson because they were forced to all representatives that customers must use VRS. Sorenson don't care deaf callers. They have 6% deaf employees now. Many deaf employees have been quitted and/or be firing from them.

Well, I was resigned from Sorenson because they were forced to all representatives that customers must use VRS. Sorenson don't care deaf callers. They have 6% deaf employees now. Many deaf employees have been quitted and/or be firing from them.

I did not know that, when I was working for Sorenson, and they did not force me to MUST use VRS nothing and I went to Sorenson HQ last year, I see many deaf worker such as CIR, tech, tech support and etc i was like :0 from my mouth because I thought it will many hearing but boy, I was WRONG!

My friend told me that Sorenson now have about 800 deaf workers. CIR has about 500 deaf workers, and tech support have 20 deaf, I believe and more another is more and what is more Sorenson recently invested their money for graduate from high school or college to work for Sorenson so I bet you guys Sorenson will have more than 2,000 deaf worker in the future.

I think that's obvious. Say, you have a cell phone from AT&T, and your phone number is 123-456-7890. You find a better phone (and deal) at Verizon, but you want to keep your phone number. You port 123-456-7890 to Verizon. Now you have an AT&T phone without service. Can you make/receive calls with your AT&T phone? You cannot, it is no longer functioning. Same principal applies to how Sorenson does it.

I know that. What I am talking about is while the number is being ported (usually about 15 days between the date of the LOA and the FOC) the Sorenson VP should remain functional until the day you are told to use the new equipment. What ends up happening is that Sorenson disables the VP-200 while you are waiting for the new videophone to be activated, cutting you off from 911 and routine video relay calls.

I know that. What I am talking about is while the number is being ported (usually about 15 days between the date of the LOA and the FOC) the Sorenson VP should remain functional until the day you are told to use the new equipment. What ends up happening is that Sorenson disables the VP-200 while you are waiting for the new videophone to be activated, cutting you off from 911 and routine video relay calls.

Remember that Sorenson and other providers do not own the numbers, so it takes time for the "middle man" to do the transfer as well, so it is NOT Sorenson's fault. I had a number from Viable, it was very easy for me to remember and I requested that it be ported to my other device. My viable stopped working right away, and my other device didn't work for like a week. It's NOT just Sorenson, it's the same with all providers.

you resigned becuase you are old school

Chevy57,
Just because you resigned from Sorenson doesn't mean you know everything about Sorenson. For example, you don't know facts what percent deaf employees are working for Sorenson. Also, you don't know if it is true if lots of deaf employees resigned or were terminated.

For your information, Sorenson never forced customers to use their VRS, but just encouraged them to use. Force and Encourage are two different words with different meanings.

You need to show this evidence to us that these "facts" above are true.

Back