Pit Bulls

In Europe, you are entitled to own only one pitbull.

When I typed "pitbull" in the search engine. Almost all the result explains about being attacked by one.

Fighters, not lovers.

Not all, some countries in Europe are ban to keep pitbulls as pet, such as UK.
Pit Bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In most cases, the dog and child are left alone in the same room. Now is that not irresponsible of the dog owners and the parents?

But if the Pit Bull is so trustworthy and loveable, there should not be a problem with leaving it in the same room.

What about the case of the Pit Bull that attacked a child playing in her own yard. Or of the one that reached through a fence into a child's yard and ripped the child's arm off? Or of the one that attacked the woman walking down the street?

You have substantiated my point. They were bred for the game of fighting.

And you have largely ignored my posts about the children who have lost their lives, or been horribly disfigured, by a Pit Bull attack.

and those pit bull attacks are the result of irresponsible owners. The media largely ignored other dog attacks by other breeds.

Um... the locking jaw is a myth. Look it up.

Okay, give me a few.

But wasn't a myth is that numerous innocent people have been attacked and killed, or horribly disfigured by Pit Bull attacks in this country.

So you are granting the same rights to a dog that kills a child as you would grant to a human being? Now you are just being silly.

The dogs were caught in the middle of the attack. No chance that they can plead "not guilty."

It doesn't matter, if the owner don't take responsiblity. What happens to the dog? It goes to sleep forever. And the owner gets a hefty fine.

And Pit Bulls do have locked jaw position. That's what is so unique about them and why people are afriad of them.

It's like saying, DONT' BE AFRAID OF SHARKS, THEY JUST WANNA EAT YOU UP JUST TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE.

But if the Pit Bull is so trustworthy and loveable, there should not be a problem with leaving it in the same room.
same for any breed. Parents should teach their child NOT to provoke the dog. The child pull dog's fur, step on its tail, etc. NO NO NO!

What about the case of the Pit Bull that attacked a child playing in her own yard. Or of the one that reached through a fence into a child's yard and ripped the child's arm off? Or of the one that attacked the woman walking down the street?
and so? any other dogs will do the same. blame the owners

and those pit bull attacks are the result of irresponsible owners. The media largely ignored other dog attacks by other breeds.

Substantiate that, please. A child killed by any dog would warrant media attention. The fact of the matter is, the preponderance are still the result of Pit Bull attacks.

Substantiate that, please. A child killed by any dog would warrant media attention. The fact of the matter is, the preponderance are still the result of Pit Bull attacks.

look at page 1. I already posted it. you went past it. btw - please substantiate your claim that pit bulls are bred for their aggressiveness.

same for any breed. Parents should teach their child NOT to provoke the dog. The child pull dog's fur, step on its tail, etc. NO NO NO!

Oh, I see. So the little 8 year old who was playing quietly in her own yard when the Pit Bull attacked her provoked the dog?

Then find me substantiation that such occurs with other breeds as often as it does with Pit Bulls.

Oh, I see. So the little 8 year old who was playing quietly in her own yard when the Pit Bull attacked her provoked the dog?

again - blame the owner. some dogs are just born wild just like some humans are just born psychopathic killer.

Then find me substantiation that such occurs with other breeds as often as it does with Pit Bulls.

already did - please go back to beginning and read each of my post carefully. I've posted everything for you to understand about dog attacks. :ty:

Most sources seem to agree that the Pit bull can trace its relatives to the English and Scottish Bull dog types used in the sport of Bull Baiting. Bull Baiting became a popular sport in England during the 15th and 16th century. Bull Baiting was effectively a sport where dogs were sent in to immobilize a bull, some even believed the sport caused the meat of the bull to be more tender. By the 16th Century just about every town in England had a Bull Baiting ring. At one time in England, it was even illegal to sell the meat of Bull that was not Baited in the Ring.

Due to the popularity of Dog Sporting events (however, cruel) during this time, the sport of Ratting and Dog fighting was started. It is presumed that the sport was popular because it gave people of low means another possible way of providing for there families. The sport of ratting was where a Dog was placed in a Pit with Rats, the dog would kill as many as possible during a set period of time. The dog who killed the most won. It is this sport that is believed to be the reason why the Bull dogs and terriers of England were mixed, attempting to combine the strength of the bull dog with the gameness of the terrier. It is believed that the "pit" in pit bull comes from the ratting pit.

Pit Bulls - A Short History | Content for Reprint

[yt]vL1trl1FMUw[/yt]

Back