Pit Bulls

Link, please.

And can you provide statistics showing that these breeds are singularly more responsible for attacks than are pit bulls?
you amazed me..... I guess you're not a dog owner

They don't kill children, though, do they?

I said "kill" jiro. Any dog will bite. Pit Bulls kill.

maybe because chihuahua is too small to kill? duh? :roll:

I have filtered through. jiro. Check the statistics for yourself.

Find me one case of a child being killed by a Chihuahua attack.

I don't know if there are any documented cases, but I do know of one case involving a Pomeranian. A 6-week-old infant was mauled and killed by a Pomeranian years ago.

CNN.com - Small dog kills 6-week-old girl in California - October 9, 2000

However, I should point out that it's rare for such a thing to happen. The thing is, all dogs are capable of biting people.

I would bet you that most of the pit bulls involved in these attacks are in fact bred outside of the circle. Do not buy pit bulls from backyard breeders, you are asking for trouble if you do. If one was to buy a pit bull, it is better to buy one from a breeder with a good reputation. Far too many pit bulls are bred solely for the wrong purposes. It's a sad fact of life.

Pit bulls, it's not a pure breed. It's actually a mutt. In fact, most people don't know what a pit bull looks like at all. The other day, somebody pointed out to me that the dog 20 yards away from us was a pit bull. I corrected her saying that it's a boxer. Just to show you how uneducated people are when it comes to dog breeds. A lot of people who reported dog bites claiming it was a pit bull end up not finding the dogs because they don't know how to identify a breed.

I know several people with pit bulls, none of them ever mauled anyone to death. They are awfully suckers though, they always crave for attention even though they get plenty.

Putting dogs on chains will make dogs more aggressive. Dogs do not like to be restrained to a chain in the backyard. It's different when you walk them on a leash. It's a real shame that there's so much misinformation regarding dog bites these days. It is often the owners who don't know how to take care of their pets, so they reap the consequences for their mistakes.

That's life.

The media has done quite a great job of scaring people causing them to act incredibly stupid.

Why kill the dog? Its not the dog's fault.

The dog kills a child, and its not the dog's fault? Pray tell, whose fault is it? Are you suggesting that we just let a dog that has killed a child go on its merry way to do it again?

They can. But who knows if they do.

Looks like Jiro is trying to say the most simple thing.

"Guns don't kill people, People kill People."

Perhaps that's a bit similar to Jiro's point?

yes. exactly. You won't die from some piddly .177 small gun but you will die from shotgun. get it?

I have filtered through. jiro. Check the statistics for yourself.

Find me one case of a child being killed by a Chihuahua attack.

*spits coke on the keyboard*

so true. I think pits are just violent by nature but some of them are nice dogs--so i think it is a combination of raising it right and the fact that no matter what you do theyre gonna be assholes.

I think if its violent right off the bat though, you should be able to make it choke on a 9mm.

Exactly. And what were Pit Bulls bred to do?

they were bred for game for PHYSICAL characteristics. Not personality. ALL dogs share very similar personality.

I don't know if there are any documented cases, but I do know of one case involving a Pomeranian. A 6-week-old infant was mauled and killed by a Pomeranian years ago.

CNN.com - Small dog kills 6-week-old girl in California - October 9, 2000

However, I should point out that it's rare for such a thing to happen. The thing is, all dogs are capable of biting people.

I would bet you that most of the pit bulls involved in these attacks are in fact bred outside of the circle. Do not buy pit bulls from backyard breeders, you are asking for trouble if you do. If one was to buy a pit bull, it is better to buy one from a breeder with a good reputation. Far too many pit bulls are bred solely for the wrong purposes. It's a sad fact of life.

Pit bulls, it's not a pure breed. It's actually a mutt. In fact, most people don't know what a pit bull looks like at all. The other day, somebody pointed out to me that the dog 20 yards away from us was a pit bull. I corrected her saying that it's a boxer. Just to show you how uneducated people are when it comes to dog breeds. A lot of people who reported dog bites claiming it was a pit bull end up not finding the dogs because they don't know how to identify a breed.

I know several people with pit bulls, none of them ever mauled anyone to death. They are awfully suckers though, they always crave for attention even though they get plenty.

Putting dogs on chains will make dogs more aggressive. Dogs do not like to be restrained to a chain in the backyard. It's different when you walk them on a leash. It's a real shame that there's so much misinformation regarding dog bites these days. It is often the owners who don't know how to take care of their pets, so they reap the consequences for their mistakes.

That's life.

The media has done quite a great job of scaring people causing them to act incredibly stupid.

As I said before, any dog will bite. However, there is one breed that has been bred specifically for its agressiveness and the 'locked jaw" position when it does bite. That would be a Pit Bull.

The fact that the reports of other vicious attacks by other breeds is more rare than the reports of attacks by Pit Bulls just substantiated what I said before: the dogs most responsible for the mauling and deaths by dogs in the U.S. is the Pit Bull.

The dog kills a child, and its not the dog's fault? Pray tell, whose fault is it? Are you suggesting that we just let a dog that has killed a child go on its merry way to do it again?

Well, in america, we are entitled to have a trial before the judge.

That's our rights.

OJ got away with murders, i'm sure the dogs can. But the owners will be fined and dogs to put to sleep. That's the most common results these days.

Now, deafdave said he sued and got the dog. That is an alterative and I bet the judge believed that deafdave is good enough to take care of the dog as he will need the dog for assists.

Off topic - OJ got away with murder and wrote a book about it. Phew.

As I said before, any dog will bite. However, there is one breed that has been bred specifically for its agressiveness and the 'locked jaw" position when it does bite. That would be a Pit Bull.

Um... the locking jaw is a myth. Look it up.

yes. exactly. You won't die from some piddly .177 small gun but you will die from shotgun. get it?

If it hits you in the jugular, you could bery easily die. If a Pit Bull mauls a child, chances are great that the child will die or be horribly disfigured.

The fact that the reports of other vicious attacks by other breeds is more rare than the reports of attacks by Pit Bulls just substantiated what I said before: the dogs most responsible for the mauling and deaths by dogs in the U.S. is the Pit Bull.

and rottweilers too. and no it's not locked jaw position. Pit bulls simply have stronger jaw strength. All dogs do perform "locked jaw" positions.

You have largely ignored my post about facts. Most people do not report the incidents.

*spits coke on the keyboard*

so true. I think pits are just violent by nature but some of them are nice dogs--so i think it is a combination of raising it right and the fact that no matter what you do theyre gonna be assholes.

I think if its violent right off the bat though, you should be able to make it choke on a 9mm.

Exactly. They are unpredictable. If you will read some of the cases that I offered links to, you will find the reports stating that the dog was well behaved and showed no sign of agressiveness....until it snapped and killed a kid.

they were bred for game for PHYSICAL characteristics. Not personality. ALL dogs share very similar personality.

All dogs do not share similar personality.

And yes, they were bred for game. And what was that game? It was fighting to the death.

do you have a link for that?

If it hits you in the jugular, you could bery easily die. If a Pit Bull mauls a child, chances are great that the child will die or be horribly disfigured.

In most cases, the dog and child are left alone in the same room. Now is that not irresponsible of the dog owners and the parents?

Exactly. They are unpredictable. If you will read some of the cases that I offered links to, you will find the reports stating that the dog was well behaved and showed no sign of agressiveness....until it snapped and killed a kid.

Sorry, but there are always signs. The owners are just too dumb to see it.

and rottweilers too. and no it's not locked jaw position. Pit bulls simply have stronger jaw strength. All dogs do perform "locked jaw" positions.

You have largely ignored my post about facts. Most people do not report the incidents.

You have substantiated my point. They were bred for the game of fighting.

And you have largely ignored my posts about the children who have lost their lives, or been horribly disfigured, by a Pit Bull attack.

Well, in america, we are entitled to have a trial before the judge.

That's our rights.

OJ got away with murders, i'm sure the dogs can. But the owners will be fined and dogs to put to sleep. That's the most common results these days.

Now, deafdave said he sued and got the dog. That is an alterative and I bet the judge believed that deafdave is good enough to take care of the dog as he will need the dog for assists.

Off topic - OJ got away with murder and wrote a book about it. Phew.

So you are granting the same rights to a dog that kills a child as you would grant to a human being? Now you are just being silly.

The dogs were caught in the middle of the attack. No chance that they can plead "not guilty."

All dogs do not share similar personality.

And yes, they were bred for game. And what was that game? It was fighting to the death.

and why are we listening to you? You are not a dog owner nor have any dog knowledge. Please let us do the talking about personality especially me as a trained dog behaviorist.

It's simply a media/movie portrayal of certain breed. Collie as Lassie. Golden as All American Family Dog. Rottweilers/Pitbulls as meanie junk yard guard dogs. Labs as goofy dog. German Shepherd as proud watchdog. Huskie as White Fangs (from dog sledding movie).

PLEASE.... give me a break.

Back