Pit Bulls

100% owner issue. I know several pit bulls and have had one in the past, they can be just as wonderful and loving a pet as any breed. Here in Ontario they are now banned -- such annilhation is unforgiveable.

Jillio an Jiro:

I actually think you're both right! In some cases, it is the breed and in others, it's the owners. Any animal is capable of becoming predatory; especially dogs. It doesn't matter if it's a pitbull or a cute little yorkie. Ofc, a person has more to fear from the pitbull. I also think that people have bred pit bulls to be even more predatory. You take an already aggressive animal and train it to kill, and you've got serious issues with that animal.

Yea, I have friends who own pit bulls and they are friendly but I have encountered voilent pit bulls too.

I personally wouldn't mind owning a Husky or Golden Retriever someday.

I had a golden retriever for a guide dog and she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. Very intelligent, too. After she passed away, I missed her terribly.

One of my girlfriends had a husky for a guide dog. While she was excellent with her guide work, there were problems with aggression and excessive barking. Unfortunately, my girlfriend never did anything to stop these behaviors, so the barking and aggressive behavior continued to become worse. Her dog lived to be 15 years old and eventually had to be put down after an acute illness.

I had a golden retriever for a guide dog and she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. Very intelligent, too. After she passed away, I missed her terribly.

One of my girlfriends had a husky for a guide dog. While she was excellent with her guide work, there were problems with aggression and excessive barking. Unfortunately, my girlfriend never did anything to stop these behaviors, so the barking and aggressive behavior continued to become worse. Her dog lived to be 15 years old and eventually had to be put down after an acute illness.

ah.... sounds like an alpha female. It can be pretty tough to live with alpha dog. The only way to live with alpha dog is to be athletic and to have a consistent, firm attitude. Aggressiveness and excessive barking are typical signs of stress for not meeting its basic needs which is higher than regular dogs.

30 min to 1-2 hr a day is usually enough for a regular dog but for alpha dog... he/she needs up to 3-5 hours (depending on the intensity of activity). Husky breed is USUALLY (not always) not an ideal breed for guide dog as it is known for its aloofness and high energy needs but this breed would be best for active person.

Jillio,

I can't believe this shit is happening. It is all media hype and these writers are targeting these animal type not the owners?

Pit Bull Attacks Happen Because People are Irresponsible and Ignorant

As a matter of fact, my year old female, desexed and registered Pitbull is in training as a service dog for the Deaf. She responds to me when she hear things and I don't.

Blame the deed not the breed for what they don't understand the reason for their attacks.

Pitbull Owner

[/COLOR]

I am in Cheri's shoe.

But as far as I am concern the pitbull need to be trained in the proper way. I know the fact that stupid ppl use pitbull for dog fighting and ended up being killed or put down for what getiing into the dog fight. That is how thing got worse now. I just wish ppl see that the pitbull is cute but need to be in the proper training before bringing the dog home.

But remmy this, it is in their breed to attack so they dont know what to attack or not unless they are train to do the proper way. My friendly dog is very friendly but can be aggessive toward ppl if she was let out and run on her own. So now I dont have her anymore. She is very happy with a new family and this man take her everywhere where he goes.

Put the blame on the owner for not getting the dog train.

I do not wish to own a pitbull or go near them but they are cute of course.

Back