Pit Bulls

I am terrified of pitbulls because I keep hearing awful stories of pitbull attacks.

One day I went to a car sales lot with my daughter who was 4 years old at that time, a huge pitbull came running towards us. Terrified for my little girl, I put her up on the top of a car so she wouldn't get bitten. The pitbull then jumped on me and pinned me against the car. His face was very close to my face. Thinking that I was going to be bitten I frozen with fear and then when I saw the dog looking at my daughter I realized that he wanted to get to her. And then the owner of the dog came to get it off me and took him away. I was really upset at the owner for not keeping his dog on a chain. I don't know what would have happened if the owner hadn't come :cold:

that would be same for any other bigger dogs. Since that pitbull did not "maul" you.... just like any other dogs - he was just overly excited to greet the strangers. But I disliked very much when dogs jump on people. This shows a sign of domination and lack of discipline (that's purely owner's fault). Sorry to hear about your nerve-wrecking encounter.

Not sure I'd want to meet just any pit, but the one my son-in-law has is very sweet.

correct statement should be - you should NOT meet ANY dogs with irresponsible owners. That is a red flag.

correct statement should be - you should NOT meet ANY dogs with irresponsible owners. That is a red flag.

Absolutely. They are very strict with their dog, Lucy. But also offer a loving environment. Last winter, I was staying with them and the power was out for a few day. Lucy came and got in bed with me...pit bulls are very warm:giggle:

Absolutely. They are very strict with their dog, Lucy. But also offer a loving environment. Last winter, I was staying with them and the power was out for a few day. Lucy came and got in bed with me...pit bulls are very warm:giggle:

:laugh2::laugh2: yup indeed they are a bed warmer but.... they will slowly push you out of the bed :laugh2::laugh2:

btw - cute baby in your avatar but he looks like he will bite my finger if i want to pinch his cheek :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2: yup indeed they are a bed warmer but.... they will slowly push you out of the bed :laugh2::laugh2:

btw - cute baby in your avatar but he looks like he will bite my finger if i want to pinch his cheek :laugh2:

He is a cute baby, his name is Hazel:D. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but those gums of her's will give you a little pain.

also jiro123, I saw you have facebook. my user name is Libby Meyer, so add me to your friends, then you can see more pictures of the biting baby!!!

Exactly, dog is not like human. Unlike what many people think. :ugh:

Whoever have children SHOULD NEVER own any pitbull or working dog. If they do, then they are irresponsible owner for children.

But you have MUCH more chance of getting aggressive dog if u buy pitbull or any working dogs. Its not recommended for beginner, unfit, or lazy dog owners,

If dog ever bit or give threatening signal to people, I will shoot it.

Exactly, dog is not like human. Unlike what many people think. :ugh:

Yes, that is correct. Human beings are far more barbaric than dogs ever will be.

In 2005, 29 people died from dog bites.

In 2005, 16,692 homicides occurred.

So therefore, human beings are approximately 575 times worse than dogs.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide Trends in the United States:
Fatal dog attacks United States

Anybody can put a spin on the facts and make it appear the way they want it to. That's how it works in the media.

Truth is, smaller dog breeds are usually more aggressive. However, with the larger dog breeds being the stronger ones, they appear more aggressive creating the stereotype that they are the aggressive ones and not the smaller breeds.

Chihuahua is not capable of ripping somebody's face off, but it doesn't mean it should be okay for a dog to be aggressive. A Jack Russell terrier on the other hand can inflict quite a lot of harm onto a person.

Whoever says that families should not own working dogs need to be educated just a tad more on the subject. A lot of dog breeds are considered working dogs nowadays. Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds and many others are working dogs in many places these days.

The thing is, dogs look up to their masters as the leaders of their packs. We are a big influence on the dogs, so we have to be careful with them. They may be domestic household dogs, but they also need to be trained and they should socialize with both human beings and animals at the beginning.

If not, you can expect problems to occur.

Punish the Deed not the Breed!!!!!!!!!

Pitbull support!!!!!!

remember sgt stubby pit bull awarded medal in ww2 :)

If your animal is truly a wolf, I think that's neat but, still and all, it would not be wise to ever turn your back on it.

Cause someone would rape it?

I don't get it.

My wolf is 100% service dog. What would she do to me instead give me a hug for she is big enough.

You keep saying your animal is a wolf so tell me what it really is. Like an arctic wolf? I don't care if it wears lipstick, lol.

Timberwolf

Well, in order for me to fairly answer your question, please tell me the circumstances of you getting this animal. Was it taken out of the wild as a pup and given to you or later, etc, etc. In other words, give me the history of your animal from the day it was born. FYI, the timberwolf is one of my favorite animals.

Got her at 2 months, moved to beach, spent 4 months training her to go potty out of the house, spent 2 months training her all the tricks.

Yes, that is correct. Human beings are far more barbaric than dogs ever will be.

In 2005, 29 people died from dog bites.

In 2005, 16,692 homicides occurred.

So therefore, human beings are approximately 575 times worse than dogs.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide Trends in the United States:
Fatal dog attacks United States

Anybody can put a spin on the facts and make it appear the way they want it to. That's how it works in the media.

Truth is, smaller dog breeds are usually more aggressive. However, with the larger dog breeds being the stronger ones, they appear more aggressive creating the stereotype that they are the aggressive ones and not the smaller breeds.

Chihuahua is not capable of ripping somebody's face off, but it doesn't mean it should be okay for a dog to be aggressive. A Jack Russell terrier on the other hand can inflict quite a lot of harm onto a person.

Whoever says that families should not own working dogs need to be educated just a tad more on the subject. A lot of dog breeds are considered working dogs nowadays. Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds and many others are working dogs in many places these days.

The thing is, dogs look up to their masters as the leaders of their packs. We are a big influence on the dogs, so we have to be careful with them. They may be domestic household dogs, but they also need to be trained and they should socialize with both human beings and animals at the beginning.

If not, you can expect problems to occur.

Regardless if its big or small, if the dog ever snap or attack me or any regular human they are going to die. I wish that goes same goes for human too. Those kind of living thing is one reason why world is not peaceful. We need to drain the bad pool of genes.

Cause someone would rape it?

I don't get it.

My wolf is 100% service dog. What would she do to me instead give me a hug for she is big enough.

Wolf is not domesticated, thats why. Compare them to human, theres good and bad human. So apparently you got good seed.

That one reason why AKC was developed, to remove all genetic flaws, which involves health and mentality issues. But be careful some AKC breeder does not care about dog's mentality and health issues, just their looks.

Punish the Deed not the Breed!!!!!!!!!

Pitbull support!!!!!!

remember sgt stubby pit bull awarded medal in ww2 :)

Exactly, but unfortunately pitbull is majority of breed that did bad deeds.

heres a proof.
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/breeds-causing-DBRFs.pdf

1. Pitbull = 66
2. Rottwieler = 39
3. German Shepard = 17

66 vs 2nd place 39, crazy huh? bad ownership is common defense mechanism for typical pitbull owners. Why? They require more cautious training and advance knowledge of pitbull's behavior. In my opinion, its not bad owner, its more like uneducated owners.

I have met many sweetheart pitbull, but you guys need to stop being close minded toward to dog's hardwired behavior seriously.

Wolf is not domesticated, thats why. Compare them to human, theres good and bad human. So apparently you got good seed.

That one reason why AKC was developed, to remove all genetic flaws, which involves health and mentality issues. But be careful some AKC breeder does not care about dog's mentality and health issues, just their looks.

I'm just that good.

Back