Oralists gone wild...............

Again, everyone here is aware that you disagree with their philosophy. I am sure they disagree with yours as well and believe you cannot see the downsides of your philosophy. Can we please end all of the negativity and bias. It is unfair to others.

The down side is trying to lipread the hearing teachers and the students and it is not 100% accurate. I had struggled trying to lipread and I missed a lot of it and that is why I need ASL very badly back then. There are some hard of hearing students that can handle lipreading with no problem but can get lost if not repeat again to make sure what the subject or topic was about. Do we have to relied on reading the books while the hearing students get to listen to the teachers and we can not listen because we can not make out what they said? That is why we need ASL, period. It is suppose to be our primary language. I don't want oral-only method at all. I am glad they close the school because they are giving us a hard time to do that. If all the hearing authorities especially AGBell want to close all Deaf schools, then hell with them. We will never be happy in the mainstream schools. The teachers and the principal back then don't care about us and don't listen to our needs at all. They just want to make us suffer more. That is why we are upset. :mad:

We will never be happy in the mainstream schools.

I have net several deaf people who have been mainstreamed and enjoyed it....or at least were glad they went.

The teachers and the principal back then don't care about us and don't listen to our needs at all.

Perhaps times have changed since "back then." Technology has certainly changed.

They just want to make us suffer more.

No. Not true at all.

I have net several deaf people who have been mainstreamed and enjoyed it....or at least were glad they went.
and you have met many deaf people in here who have been mainstreamed and hated it.

Perhaps times have changed since "back then." Technology has certainly changed.
yes the technology has changed but the flawed human philosophy has not.

No. Not true at all.
no? then what is it?

Once again in this thread I am seeing some appear to believe that every HOH person has the same sever degree of loss. At least there have been a few posts in this one that seem to recognize how people differ. Please can everybody wake up to the fact that the amount of hearing loss can very greatly! And thus what works for education and life in general will too.

Last edited:
tumblr_m22t86nsYD1r18r6wo1_500.gif

To me it makes more sense to have everyone able to speak a common sign language. It is the basis of freedom. The whole idea of a dominant culture and to hell with whoever does not suck it up is the very foundation of empire building by crushing other unique cultures.

What we have now is education by the ones who won in a warlike world that shows few signs of learning a different way at the most fundamental level.

Exactly my point! :ty:
no you didn't have a point. none whatsoever.

A different philosophy, as stated before. No one set out to...
like I said before.... many doctors had different philosophies to deal with mental patients. most philosophies aren't necessary good and beneficial. it was, in fact, cruel.

no you didn't have a point. none whatsoever.

Actually I did. Since you do not see that we can just move on.

like I said before.... many doctors had different philosophies to deal with mental patients. most philosophies aren't necessary good and beneficial. it was, in fact, cruel.

This thread is about deaf education. Not mental patients.

Actually I did. Since you do not see that we can just move on.
move on to what? a flawed philosophy of yours?

This thread is about deaf education. Not mental patients.
and that's what I have been doing. you have a deeply flawed understanding of "philosophy" in here just as much as doctors did in the past. that's why certain practices are considered whacked and no longer in practice..... same thing with this school. whacked and finally no longer in practice.

move on to what? a flawed philosophy of yours?

and that's what I have been doing. you have a deeply flawed understanding of "philosophy" in here just as much as doctors did in the past. that's why certain practices are considered whacked and no longer in practice..... same thing with this school. whacked and finally no longer in practice.

This school is gone (possibly temporarily) due to financial mismanagement.

As for me, I do not ascribe to either philosophy. I am neutral on the matter. Being neutral it is clear to see that each side believes the other is "whacked." It is sad to see one side bully another though, IMO. Whichever side that might be. Perhaps if this bitterness ceased a compromise could be reached.

This school is gone (possibly temporarily) due to financial mismanagement.

As for me, I do not ascribe to either philosophy. I am neutral on the matter. Being neutral it is clear to see that each side believes the other is "whacked." It is sad to see one side bully another though, IMO. Whichever side that might be. Perhaps if this bitterness ceased a compromise could be reached.

sorry to hear you see it that way.

It makes sense to me that oral school shutted down, just the same as deaf school and they all are forced to attend to hearing school. simple as that.

It makes sense to me that oral school shutted down, just the same as deaf school and they all are forced to attend to hearing school. simple as that.

They went broke, so yes it makes complete sense that they shut down. It's sad, but it happens to schools sometimes. Too bad they did not have better oversight.

They went broke, so yes it makes complete sense that they shut down. It's sad, but it happens to schools sometimes. Too bad they did not have better oversight.

and lack of support.

Back