One dead in movie theater shooting in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it. So what part supports your claim?

From CNN.com:

Reeves' attorney, Richard Escobar, argued that because Reeves has lived in the area for many years, has a wife and two children and a grandchild, worked in law enforcement and security, attends church and Bible study, and has ailments such as arthritis and bursitis, he should be given bond. The courtroom was filled with Reeves' former colleagues and family members who could speak to his client's "great character," Escobar said, adding that Reeves has "no propensity toward violence."

The attorney tried to persuade Circuit Judge Lynn Tepper that the former police officer was actually the victim in the incident and that Oulson was the "aggressor."

Judge Tepper said "there was no evidence to support that claim", according to a probable cause affidavit. She denied bond and ruled that Reeves should face the second-degree murder charge.

If I was in trouble, I would want my lawyer to spin my life to make me look like a saint. :lol:

The only claim I have been making was that the headline to the original CNN story was misleading. In that headline, it read "man shot for texting, ex-cop arrested'.

Reeves did not shoot the guy for texting.

and you're speculating... and making a judgement already before facts....

and the most hilarious part? the facts say opposite... and still you're not listening. oh well.

Are you even comprehending what you are saying? Oh wait ... its Jiro .. nvm.

yeah, being arrested for murder can take a toll on one's mental health too :roll:

I am eager to read what his defense is going to put together. The Judge told the defense they can appear before a different judge for bail at a later date.

Me thinks insanity defense. Anyone else?

unless his life was in immediate danger.

His life wasn't in danger and there is no evidence about his life was in threat.

Why I would surprised? You are quibbling as usual without look at facts.

Well, if he used poor judgement because it was a dark, crowded theater, he must of lucked out then, because he shot the guy in the chest.

or is that a fact I am overlooking too?

He also shot through his wife's hand, which was on the 43 year old's chest. Now, if i were to protect my wife from a would be shooter, my hand would not be on my wife's chest. I would be standing in front of her. However, if my wife were upset, angry and physically aggressive towards someone else, and I wanted to rein her in, my hand would be on her chest and I would be telling her to back off.

Witnesses did say that the 43 year old stood up to confront Reeves. Oh well ... still reserving judgement for the trial .. innocent until proven guilty and all that ...

Well, if he used poor judgement because it was a dark, crowded theater, he must of lucked out then, because he shot the guy in the chest.

He also shot through his wife's hand, which was on the 43 year old's chest. Now, if i were to protect my wife from a would be shooter, my hand would not be on my wife's chest. I would be standing in front of her. However, if my wife were upset, angry and physically aggressive towards someone else, and I wanted to rein her in, my hand would be on her chest and i would be telling her to back off.

In bold, you are overlooking so please review the article.

So you are saying he shot up the entire theater and completely missed his target?

That's not what article saying so go review again.

You are man and you can read whole article.

Close range, large mass, not that hard but still endangering other people close by. After all, he did wound the wife, too.

Close range, large mass, not that hard but still endangering other people close by. After all, he did wound the wife, too.

Yes, because she was trying to call off her husband. Her hand was on his chest.

initiate a confrontation? that would be Curtis... the old man. perhaps he should stay home and watch a movie. and perhaps seek a therapist because he seems to have trouble adjusting and coping with the fact that he's no longer a police officer.... no badge to carry around to push people around

And George Zimmerman should have stayed in his car :roll:

:giggle:

You really don't see where this is going do you?

Say Reba...does "texting" make a "clicking Noise"?...

Yes, because she was trying to call off her husband. Her hand was on his chest.
I haven't read that she was calling him off. Regardless of why her hand was there, it was, and she was a second person hit by his gun shot. It was not a clean shot.

I haven't read that she was calling him off. Regardless of why her hand was there, it was, and she was a second person hit by his gun shot. It was not a clean shot.

Reeves, a former police officer, pulled a gun and shot once, hitting Chad Oulson in the chest and Oulson's wife, Nicole, in the hand she was using to grab her husband in an attempt to calm things down.

Bond denied for ex-cop Curtis Reeves who allegedly shot texting dad - CNN.com

Just remember ... you read it here first ;)

(when you have seen enough people argue, and use sign communication as a primary means of effective communication, you tend to pick up things such as body language - she was not trying to protect her husband, she was trying to call him off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back