Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

Damn, I didn't know anything about this show. Is it more seventh heaven or close to a soap opera?

I went to Planet Hollywood NYC to meet Katie LeClerc and Vanessa Marano and got a signed photo from them. I find it so funny to observe how Katie and Vanessa acting like Daphne and Bay characters in real life.

Yes, they did announce ABC will add more episodes for season 2. :lol:

Did you shoot picture of them?

Damn, I didn't know anything about this show. Is it more seventh heaven or close to a soap opera?

Neither. This is a good show of a new type. It grows more unique and charts new ground with every episode. At first I figured the writers were just naive and learning their way around the characters. I'm starting to see that they had a lot of this planned out. They're easing the audience into the deafness.

For example, in the first couple episodes, sign language was only present for a few moments. In the latest episode, it was in almost every single scene! But I don't think the television audience would have warmed to that right away. But now, 9 episodes in, it's just a common thing, so any hearing/non signer who has been following the show is now used to it and it's just a regular part.

Well played, ABC writers. Well played.

I thought the latest episode was fantastic. I do still think there are some cheesy moments in the acting and writing, but wow, I'm so impressed with this show. I look forward to watching it every single week.

I think the contrast in wealth between the two families isn't adding enough tension to the show. It's just a convenient device at the moment that allows for some novel situations, but it's not complicating the storyline in any deeper or meaningful ways. I'd like to see it be complicated (like, perhaps the Kennishes lose all their money in a stock crash and have to move into a humble neighborhood. That would add some real tension and possibilities!)

Neither. This is a good show of a new type. It grows more unique and charts new ground with every episode. At first I figured the writers were just naive and learning their way around the characters. I'm starting to see that they had a lot of this planned out. They're easing the audience into the deafness.

For example, in the first couple episodes, sign language was only present for a few moments. In the latest episode, it was in almost every single scene! But I don't think the television audience would have warmed to that right away. But now, 9 episodes in, it's just a common thing, so any hearing/non signer who has been following the show is now used to it and it's just a regular part.

Well played, ABC writers. Well played.

I thought the latest episode was fantastic. I do still think there are some cheesy moments in the acting and writing, but wow, I'm so impressed with this show. I look forward to watching it every single week.

I think the contrast in wealth between the two families isn't adding enough tension to the show. It's just a convenient device at the moment that allows for some novel situations, but it's not complicating the storyline in any deeper or meaningful ways. I'd like to see it be complicated (like, perhaps the Kennishes lose all their money in a stock crash and have to move into a humble neighborhood. That would add some real tension and possibilities!)

Word!

It always amazes me every time I watched each episode! :lol: I feel so bad for Regina... I hope they forgive them a bit sooner. I like Regina the most.

By the way, I saw the war on pairings at the FB. Well, Why not support three-ways relationship for all Bay, Daphine, and Emmett!? :naughty: Ah, okay, don't mind me! :P

Yes, there are two more episodes until the season finale. I'm very sad about this. But I will definitely purchase the season on DVD if there will be one.

I love Emmett. I'm not sure if I like him and Bay. I've been an Emmett and Daphne shipper from the beginning, but I've also wanted more TV shows with a hearing and not-so-hearing person, so... well. Here we are, haha. I used to really dislike Bay, mainly because I couldn't stand Vanessa's acting in this even though I liked her in Gilmore Girls, but I'm liking her more now!

I also want Emmett all to myself. I'm only 20. He's 18 IRL. It'll be okay!

Oh, other things with a deaf character that I like: Orange Days (Japanese TV show) and Hear Me (Taiwanese movie). Now, uh, the actresses IRL are completely hearing so you're not gonna get the WHOO HOO ACTUAL DEAF PEOPLE IN A DEAF ROLE, but... I love Kou and Ivy Chen so much that... well. I mean, Orange Days became one of my favorite shows, haha. Both are on mysoju.com.

No there will be 22 more esipodes just found out today to become full Season 1

I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen tonight's episode...but audism showed its ugly rear tonight.

Audism isn't total deaf. She talks like hoh wasn't born deaf. Does that make sense to u?

LOVE the show! LOVED tonight's episode! Bay & Emmett!!! I love Daphne's character as an individual but Bay & Emmett as a couple shows people that deaf and hearing can work out! :)

P.S. First series EVER to have 32 episodes in its first season! Yay!

I really enjoyed to watch these shows very much. I laffed a lot more than b4 I thought that was phunny.

deafbajagal, I think I may see what you mean-

Botti, hubby and I like Warehouse too:)

LOVE the show! LOVED tonight's episode! Bay & Emmett!!! I love Daphne's character as an individual but Bay & Emmett as a couple shows people that deaf and hearing can work out! :)

P.S. First series EVER to have 32 episodes in its first season! Yay!

Didn't see. I hope the show returns soon with new episodes. Unlike waiting a whole year like the show Falling Skies.

Last edited:
How did you guys feel when Emmett spoke out loud to Bay? Was that a positive, negative, or neutral experience?

Back