Not about politics but procedures

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, I'm not asking for whom you are voting. I'm just curious about which procedure you use for the voting process.

Did you vote absentee by mail, or did you go to the polls already for early voting? Will you be going to the polls tomorrow on the actual election day? If so, do you go early in the day to avoid the lines, or do you go later and just accept the long wait? Are your polls easy to access?

Remember, no discussion of candidates in this thread.

This is the first national election with so many voting options.

Going tomorrow morning. I don't think my state has early voting.

TCS and I want to go to the polls tomorrow morning as soon as they open. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so we hope to not have to stand in line in the rain for too long. Usually the lines here aren't too bad early in the morning.

First of all, I'm not asking for whom you are voting. I'm just curious about which procedure you use for the voting process.

Did you vote absentee by mail, or did you go to the polls already for early voting? Will you be going to the polls tomorrow on the actual election day? If so, do you go early in the day to avoid the lines, or do you go later and just accept the long wait? Are your polls easy to access?

This year I used an absentee ballot because I have a lot of stuff going on and I didn't know if I was going to be out of town this week. As it turned out, I'm going to be in town this week, but I already voted.

In a typical year, in my town, there isn't usually a big problem with lines at the polls. There can be a lot of people, but it's usually orderly and quick. I would have gone in at an off-hour, not coinciding with the rush times, like rush hour traffic, or lunch times, etc.

I will go to my local voting place. Washington redskins already told us who wins the presidental elections so that is a moot point. Just everyone else that counts now

I'm going tomorrow morning before work, I had them block my first appointment hour spot just in case I have to wait in line for a long time. I don't think I will though, in 08' I think I went mid morning and only had to wait for like 30 minutes. There's a poll in a church barely a mile from my place. The place is huge so I don't think I'll end up stuck outside waiting, the place creeps me out really. It's non denominational and it's called Beach Church which makes me think of people worshipping the sand and sun.....it's just weird.

I would like to try to vote tomorrow. I would not hear the end of it from my girlfriend if I did not vote.

You know, I never cared much about voting because I am just one vote. What would one vote do? My girlfriend told me THAT one vote would actually decide who the next candidate is. Plus, you know, I am sure a lot of people have been in my boat. You know who cares about voting because our vote is just one vote, right? Sure, if million of people used the same philosophy, "My vote is just one vote. It won't make a difference", then a lot of votes will be lost and it would make a big difference on who our next candidate. Therefore, I hope people who were not thinking of voting do vote tomorrow.

I will go to polling place - National Guard Armory after class in between morning and afternoon tomorrow.

I doubt about any lines, except for early morning and evening.

Filling out the mail in ballot tonight, then dropping off at the recorders office tomorrow.

Mail in ballot this late??? I thought the cut off date was well before the 6th ?

Mail in ballot this late??? I thought the cut off date was well before the 6th ?

Yup, petty much ignored all the political flyers all this time. I'm hoping to locate my ballot after work today. I'm not mailing it but will hand deliver. Hopefully they will take it. I don't have the patience to stand in line.

I would like to try to vote tomorrow. I would not hear the end of it from my girlfriend if I did not vote.

You know, I never cared much about voting because I am just one vote. What would one vote do? My girlfriend told me THAT one vote would actually decide who the next candidate is. Plus, you know, I am sure a lot of people have been in my boat. You know who cares about voting because our vote is just one vote, right? Sure, if million of people used the same philosophy, "My vote is just one vote. It won't make a difference", then a lot of votes will be lost and it would make a big difference on who our next candidate. Therefore, I hope people who were not thinking of voting do vote tomorrow.

Before you wait in line, I'd check to see if you are registered.

Yes, and no, the electoral college can make your vote null and void. You can win or lose the popular vote and still be elected.

I mailed of one of my neigbor absentee ballot at the PO for her. My neigbor said I could not bring it to the city hall for as we where not blood related .
I did not know about and I think it is crazy. Has anyone ever heard of that?

My daughter and family will be voting tomorrow. It will be my grandson's first time. I hope my SIL doesn't have to stand for a long time because his prosthetic leg still hurts if he stands too long.

I was just on my facebook and learned something interesting. My family is from NH, my brother in law is a lineman for an electric company, he's been out of state for a week so far I think, in CT trying to get everyone power. He just found out he was not going to be able to vote. My sister and my dad, who is in TX actually, have been on the phone with Congressman Bass's office today trying to see what can be done. My dad just got a return call from them, the NH Secretary of State has gotten involved and they're going to overnight absentee ballots to them. I hope other states are doing the same thing for their workers that are away trying to help get people power after Sandy.

There's other good reasons to vote, such as for your State's constitutional measures and whatnot. The local stuff can make a big difference, too.

I voted by absentee ballot, and my husband did early voting on his way to work.

My stepmother will go in to vote tomorrow and it bothers her that they have so many options today. I think she thinks it is more meaningful if everyone votes in person on the actual election day.

I'll be going to polls tomorrow, but unfortunately I won't have any choice regarding the lines or when I'll go. My job is in another state so I'll be driving home after work and probably have someone drop me off to vote because there's no parking anywhere near the school where I go in my district. At my former job, they let us go an hour early to make it home and vote. No such consideration with my new employers....

Laura

My daughter and family will be voting tomorrow. It will be my grandson's first time. I hope my SIL doesn't have to stand for a long time because his prosthetic leg still hurts if he stands too long.

Ask poll worker for priority and they could put voters with disabilities at priority so don't have to stand in long line.

There's other good reasons to vote, such as for your State's constitutional measures and whatnot. The local stuff can make a big difference, too.

Yup, in here, we will have 11 questions about state amendments.

Back