Not about politics but procedures

Voted just prior to rush hour, strange thing is someone nearly got arrested for taking pics of the ballot screen from his cell phone! Yup, turns out it's illegal in SC to do this.

Voted just prior to rush hour, strange thing is someone nearly got arrested for taking pics of the ballot screen from his cell phone! Yup, turns out it's illegal in SC to do this.
I saw one that showed that the ballot was not working. The person who video-recorded it pressed on Obama but the check mark showed up on Romney instead. WTF?

I saw one that showed that the ballot was not working. The person who video-recorded it pressed on Obama but the check mark showed up on Romney instead. WTF?
I heard on the news of several cases that were the opposite. Voters pushed the button for Romney but the Obama name got the check mark. The provider of the voting machines said it was because the machines weren't properly calibrated. It's very important to visually check one's own ballot before pushing the final submit vote button.

Where is Mitt Romney Voter Fraud 2012?

I think your thread is not supposed about political. :dunno:
It's about the election process. Sadly, that process sometimes includes fraud. I don't know how much the fraud really changed the outcome. If you have examples of voter fraud for Romney you can post it, too.

It's about the election process. Sadly, that process sometimes includes fraud. I don't know how much the fraud really changed the outcome. If you have examples of voter fraud for Romney you can post it, too.

The vote fraud takes about less than 0.01 of overall vote counted - that's hardly outcome.

Usually, most vote fraud is just accusation or suspicious, but eventually, they got ruled out as legit vote for some reason.

The in-person vote fraud is nearly non-existent and usually attempt or commit the vote fraud will result in arrest and charge with felony crime, that's very serious crime and you can lose the rights to vote if you commit vote fraud. Nevada does't require ID to vote but attempted to fraud with vote resulted in arrest, so same goes with California, so wannabe to be fraudulent at polling place - good luck because they will be alerted and arrested.

The Americans need stop to be overreact about vote fraud and we have good law to prosecute the vote fraud, also anti-fraud measurement.

There is issue that I found.
Oregon elections worker fired after allegations of ballot tampering | Fox News

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

I was surprised to find out that MI voters had to show picture IDs.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

I was surprised to find out that MI voters had to show picture IDs.

in IL, if you want early voting so you are required to present the photo ID, but not required for election day.

You can show your photo ID in states that don't require ID to vote, whatever you want. It is all up to you and make yourself as trusted voter.

Surprised no one has said anything about Florida....the election was called and still voters in line awaiting to cast their votes...and the counting of the Ballots.....what an embarrasment. Still counting days after the election was called.....

But anyhow, the shocker was the outcome a few days ago. ....(Florida). Wasn't the least bit surprised about Ohio going for Obama....

As for voter fraud, haven't we been dealing with this for many years?

Surprised no one has said anything about Florida....the election was called and still voters in line awaiting to cast their votes...and the counting of the Ballots.....what an embarrasment. Still counting days after the election was called.....

But anyhow, the shocker was the outcome a few days ago. ....(Florida). Wasn't the least bit surprised about Ohio going for Obama....

As for voter fraud, haven't we been dealing with this for many years?

I did claim about Florida and my BFF lives in Miami - what's longest line ever.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2124611-post42.html

The vote fraud has been around for many years, but it isn't big issue.

I believe that FL require photo ID too.
Voter ID: State Requirements

Look at Indiana, they required photo ID since 2005 - Joe Donnelly, the democrat senator won the election.

MI and FL require photo ID but the democrat senators won by over 1 million voters difference, that's much better fare than Obama because he is on less than 100,000 difference in Florida and less than 500,000 difference in Michigan.

For me, originally, I was concerned about election due to photo ID requirement, but not true anymore because there are many factors that could give a great victory, despite about voter ID law.

in IL, if you want early voting so you are required to present the photo ID, but not required for election day.

You can show your photo ID in states that don't require ID to vote, whatever you want. It is all up to you and make yourself as trusted voter.
It was required on election day in MI. They also had to fill out forms with their addresses. It was TCS's sister who lives in MI who told us. She had to fill out a form and show her picture ID before she could vote.

So why does everyone make a stink about SC wanting to require a picture ID?

I don't know.

I don't see anybody talks about voter ID in SC, so could you show to me?

SC couldn't put photo ID in effective now because of fail to receive a preclearance to meet VRA, but they could try the US court in DC.

If SC goes ahead to defy the order so federal could void all election result, that put big mess with state, but your state government is smart enough to follow the order until resolve in the court.

Make effective in 2012 is too soon and there are many voters unaware about any law changes so should give a few years, especially 2 years to get voters to be prepared. It is known as transition and understand to comply with new law.

They offer free voter ID for any voters, but bigger challenge is birth certificate, it is expensive and difficult to get a birth certificate, so you cannot get voter ID without birth certificate. I'm lucky because my parent teach me to keep my birth certificate in fireproof safe case, but not cases for many Americans. I learned that most poor and minorities in here use SS card or utility bill to show before they can vote, and for college students, they use college ID. The red tape in government may cause serious problem with state that offer free voter ID that take hefty process. It is constitution question because vote is rights, not prilvenge.

Back