Not about politics but procedures

We arrived at the polls a little before 7 a.m., and finished a little after 8. We vote at a small church. The parking lot was full so we parked in the Ace Hardware parking lot across the street. It was a long line but when it started to rain the poll workers let us come into the church and sit inside. That was very nice, sitting in comfortable chairs instead of standing in line. :)

Our polling place has six portable voting stations and one table for paper ballots. Everything went smoothly.

I don't know if SIL will be able to vote. They changed his work schedule so he might not get off in time.

He's very disappointed. If he had known about the change sooner he could have voted absentee. Now it's too late. :(

I voted today around 9am, and had practically no wait. It was at a different location from the last time I voted though, and this church was having a massive bake sale. I was a little sad because I had just brushed my teeth and wasn't in the mood to eat, but everything looked really good. (I guess I could have bought something and taken it home, but my mind wasn't in that mode somehow.) They say it's going on all day - I'm still thinking about going back.

I went to the polls this morning to beat the long lines. I'm glad I survived despite being sick. Thought I was going to vomit in front of people, but I didn't. I showed them my drivers license and voter registration certificate.

My daughter and family will be voting tomorrow. It will be my grandson's first time. I hope my SIL doesn't have to stand for a long time because his prosthetic leg still hurts if he stands too long.

I would hope some people would not mind if your SIL asked to get ahead of them.

did anyone who gets a call from either rep congress or dem congress (call you) at your home? I got a caller id from that congress. Of course I dont pick it up.

Went a little after 7:30. New polling place as they redrew one of our district lines since the last time. There was a line...for another district. Was asked what development we lived in and were taken into the room and directed to a short line. Then was asked what letter our last name started with and was directed to the person handling the book with our names in it. So basically, no waiting in line. Did have to wait a little as we got my daughter (first time voting) straightened out. She had registered at the last minute and since she got the card in the mail, I figured she made the deadline (she mailed her registration on the last day). Her name was on a separate page and the person didn't look there. A person at the "problems" table did find her name on the sheet so everything was good. All in all, I'd say it only took 15-20 mins.

I went to vote today. When I went, I was given a choice of voting via electronic or old fashioned paper. I chose electronic. I got in line and had to wait a little bit. I didn't have patience so I decided to get out of line and vote via paper. I'm glad I did my duty. I hope that those of you whose haven't voted yet will vote today. The line was surprisingly short, but I didn't want to wait awhile to do electronics when I would do paper and get done with.

It was about 12:05 Chicago time that I got in to vote.

I was just on my facebook and learned something interesting. My family is from NH, my brother in law is a lineman for an electric company, he's been out of state for a week so far I think, in CT trying to get everyone power. He just found out he was not going to be able to vote. My sister and my dad, who is in TX actually, have been on the phone with Congressman Bass's office today trying to see what can be done. My dad just got a return call from them, the NH Secretary of State has gotten involved and they're going to overnight absentee ballots to them. I hope other states are doing the same thing for their workers that are away trying to help get people power after Sandy.
I hope it all worked out for your BIL and the other people who are helping out in the disaster recovery. It sounds like each state is making arrangements for them.

I went to the polls this morning to beat the long lines. I'm glad I survived despite being sick. Thought I was going to vomit in front of people, but I didn't. I showed them my drivers license and voter registration certificate.
I'm glad you survived, too! :thumb:

I voted today around 9am, and had practically no wait. It was at a different location from the last time I voted though, and this church was having a massive bake sale. I was a little sad because I had just brushed my teeth and wasn't in the mood to eat, but everything looked really good. (I guess I could have bought something and taken it home, but my mind wasn't in that mode somehow.) They say it's going on all day - I'm still thinking about going back.
Ooh, a bake sale! What a neat idea!

Yup, in here, we will have 11 questions about state amendments.
Eleven amendments? Wow! That's a lot of homework. :giggle:

In addition to voting for the President, we had several state-wide and local offices to select, one local bond issue, and one state-wide amendment.

I would hope some people would not mind if your SIL asked to get ahead of them.
He does have a handicapped parking placard that he sometimes uses but he tries not to. It depends on how much pain he has.

At the small precinct where we voted, if the voter is eligible for handicapped parking, they stay in the car and the worker brings the ballot out to the person. I'm not sure how the workers know when someone is there in the parking lot. No one used it while I was there.

did anyone who gets a call from either rep congress or dem congress (call you) at your home? I got a caller id from that congress. Of course I dont pick it up.
We got robo calls during the primaries and campaign period. Usually our answering machines takes care of them.

Went a little after 7:30. New polling place as they redrew one of our district lines since the last time. There was a line...for another district. Was asked what development we lived in and were taken into the room and directed to a short line. Then was asked what letter our last name started with and was directed to the person handling the book with our names in it. So basically, no waiting in line. Did have to wait a little as we got my daughter (first time voting) straightened out. She had registered at the last minute and since she got the card in the mail, I figured she made the deadline (she mailed her registration on the last day). Her name was on a separate page and the person didn't look there. A person at the "problems" table did find her name on the sheet so everything was good. All in all, I'd say it only took 15-20 mins.
Not bad. :)

I went to vote today. When I went, I was given a choice of voting via electronic or old fashioned paper. I chose electronic. I got in line and had to wait a little bit. I didn't have patience so I decided to get out of line and vote via paper. I'm glad I did my duty. I hope that those of you whose haven't voted yet will vote today. The line was surprisingly short, but I didn't want to wait awhile to do electronics when I would do paper and get done with.

It was about 12:05 Chicago time that I got in to vote.
That's interesting that using a paper ballot is quicker. If more people knew that, they might take advantage of it. :giggle:

That's interesting that using a paper ballot is quicker. If more people knew that, they might take advantage of it. :giggle:

There were only 2 electronic computers to vote, but about 8-10 spots to do paper vote so obviously that is why there were no wait to do paper vote.

I'm currently in line for vote right now and it was really long line.

I just voted in after 45 minutes of wait in line - that's not really bad but it is really cold and rain outside, as the line is getting more longer now.

All use ballot paper, there are no electronic voting at all.

Back