North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

Jiro, Yes I read an article about the 2 sons that were to be decided between, It was online somewhere (yahoo news?) it was right after dad was found to be ill and all the talk that he might have died at the time because he disappeared from public views.
They said one son was more like dad, anger issues and violent.
yes - that's Kim Jong-Un... the current dictator. he was reportedly to be very competitive and aggressive. and has a bad temper.

The other son was a ladys man and more peaceful or should I say NON- Traditional.... so dad didn't like him as much. It was fact that they said one son would do as dad does and the other would just give up and give in to the modern world to be at peace for himself and the people as he DOES NOT like his dads ways.
a lady's man... a womanizer... that's Kim Jong-Nam... the eldest brother. As I said in Post #437 - he was the biggest embarrassment and a shame to his father and country when he got arrested in Japan on fake passport so he was passed over for dictatorship.

and the middle brother... that's Kim Jong-Chol. He was mocked by his brother and father that he was too "faggy" and soft. unfit to be a dictator so he was passed over for dictatorship.

Now if I could pull this article up out of the deep dark crevices of...... the internet I would and post it for all to read, I will see if I can find this article.. if not you will just have to take my word if not then there is no argument unless you want to argue with yourself, all I can say is I read it and that's what was stated.
sorry but I can't take your word since you seem to have a fuzzy memory of it. I have a very clear memory of it..... and plus I'm Korean so I think I'd know this subject a little more than you.

looks like you missed my Post #437

yes. Kim Jong-Un is the youngest one.

his oldest brother was an embarrassment. he's a womanizer and he didn't want to do the ruling. he got arrested by Japanese for sneaking into Japan on fake passport. the middle brother was passed over because he looked too girly to be a dictator.

so Jong-Un was favored by his father since he has a splitting image of Kim Il-Sung (the 1st dictator). there was a lot of rumors such as the middle son was preferred to be the leader and had an army backing to succeed Kim Jong-Il (2nd dictator) but to everybody's surprise... the youngest one got the seat.... so there was a rumor that he had an attempted assassination last year... some power struggle within government (and probably military).

that pretty much shows you that Kim Jong-Un can be assassinated/removed at anytime if he wants to start a war.... or if he's looking too weak which is why he flexes his muscle like this once in a while to remind the world and his own government that he's in charge.

it's not that the father didn't like him because he was "peaceful". it's because what he did was a huge embarrassment to his father and country. just because he's a womanizer does not mean he's a "peacemaker". there are many dictators' sons who are womanizer (or more like rapist).... like Saddam's sons.

like I said - the fact that Kim Jong-Nam had a military backing means he wasn't exactly a peacemaker. there was a rumor that there was a violent power-struggle fight and many people including generals, officers, powerful politicians, etc. who opposed Kim Jong-Un's command were arrested and/or killed.

It is like your more of looking at glass half empty more than glass half full.

He was speaking of as in range where person a is more peacemaker than the other person and it does not necessarily mean 100% peacemaker.

Its just saying that you are not getting the idea. I gave up trying to explain.

huh? how exactly did you come up with that? based on what facts?

did you miss the part where I said he had a military backing? that doesn't sound like a "peacemaker".

This is not it but talks about some issues
Kim Jong Nam, Kim Jong Un's Brother, Could Have Been Supreme Leader Of North Korea

as stated by me, He is NON TRADITIONAL, and loves his freedom... so that is fact from the article I read and proof enough for me to say that's where he was going to set the country free.

any dictator can live like a free man and that doesn't mean his country should or would be a free society too. Kim Jong-Nam is a womanizer and a pig. He's no different from Gaddafi and Saddam's sons.

did you forget about Gaddafi? and Saddam's sons? they lived like free gluttonous pigs, engorged themselves with gold, silk, expensive, booze, Roll Royces, and women. guess what happened to them? killed by their own people. why? because they were too busy playing around instead of focusing on domestic dissents and keeping their country in check.

He struts around in free society like a spoiled rich brat because he didn't have to work to support his lavish lifestyle. Let's see how he does on his own in free society.

It is like your more of looking at glass half empty more than glass half full.

He was speaking of as in range where person a is more peacemaker than the other person and it does not necessarily mean 100% peacemaker.

Its just saying that you are not getting the idea. I gave up trying to explain.
again - based on what fact?

me looking at glass half empty? more like you are looking at an invisible glass.

Guess you don't get what we are trying to say. It is not about fact or fiction. Remember no two human being has exact same amount of peacemaker personality. What more do I have to explain so you get the idea what we talking about?

Keyword "More peacemaker", he didn't say "Most peacemaker" that is where you are thinking of.

again - based on what fact?

me looking at glass half empty? more like you are looking at an invisible glass.

Guess you don't get what we are trying to say. It is not about fact or fiction. Remember no two human being has exact same amount of peacemaker personality. What more do I have to explain so you get the idea what we talking about?

Keyword "More peacemaker", he didn't say "Most peacemaker" that is where you are thinking of.

*smh*

AGAIN..... based on WHAT fact? I have seen NOTHING and you have shown me NOTHING that IMPLIES even by a TINY hint of "peacemaker" personality. NONE at all. Has he pushed for democracy? Has he preached about peace? Has he talked about reunification?

What more do I have to explain to you that both of you have no idea what you're talking about? I say it again.... you're looking at an invisible glass.

I heard on Nightly News tonight the North Korea is trying blackmail us to give them money if they'll take down their rockets and stop nuke threats . And if we give North Korea $$$ they will made threats when they want more $$$!
How do you deal a 28 yo dictator that trying to prove to his country and army that he is powerful?

*smh*

AGAIN..... based on WHAT fact? I have seen NOTHING and you have shown me NOTHING that IMPLIES even by a TINY hint of "peacemaker" personality. NONE at all. Has he pushed for democracy? Has he preached about peace? Has he talked about reunification?

What more do I have to explain to you that both of you have no idea what you're talking about? I say it again.... you're looking at an invisible glass.
I think they may be confusing lack of aggressiveness with peacemaking. It's not the same thing. Peacemaking requires action, just as war making does. Some people (perhaps the unchosen brother) fits into the category of not having any ambition to do either one. Dare we say, even lazy?

Making war and making peace each require a lot of energy and effort; that might be beyond that son's ambition scope.

It is the same thing as has been going on for decades and the over a billion we have given them in humanitarian aid is does not come close to being what we have spent because of them. Other countries including South Korea have also been providing aid.

Kind of like having a neighbor with a broke down trailerhouse, starving kids, a pack of snarling Dobermans hitting the fence at all hours, a faceless beaten down mom, and a fat dad driving a new truck with brothers who steal from you when you leave your house to shopping.

Even with all that you feel bad for the children and try and help.

I think they may be confusing lack of aggressiveness with peacemaking. It's not the same thing. Peacemaking requires action, just as war making does. Some people (perhaps the unchosen brother) fits into the category of not having any ambition to do either one. Dare we say, even lazy?

Making war and making peace each require a lot of energy and effort; that might be beyond that son's ambition scope.

I really think he is more concern in proving that he has power and the more attention he get from the rest of the world the more power hungry he will get. It is like feeding a dragon and watching it grow more heads.

Jiro, I read all the posts just not targeting each and every one...
Ok so youre Korean...so.... does that make you an expert? No.
What I am saying and I will stand my grounds because I know what I read, just don't know one sons name from the other, but I do know what they said as FACTS.
The PEACEFUL ( what you call spoiled, faggy brat) son was interviewed and his statement was, " HE DIDNT LIKE THE WAY HIS DAD RAN THE COUNTRY AND SINCE HE WAS RAISED IN THE WEST WITH FREEDOM, HE PLANNED TO TURN THE COUNTRY INTO A FREE COUNTRY AS HE DIDNT LIKE THEM LIVING LIKE SLAVES" and god yes Id like to find this article to post... been searching but haven't found it yet. I wouldn't be searching if I didn't have an argument to prove. Its out there somewhere.

here are bits and pieces I am finding

Kim says he fell out of favour because he had become an advocate for reform after being educated in Switzerland leading his father to decide that he had turned "into a capitalist". In an email to the editor of Tokyo Shimbun, Kim wrote "After I went back to North Korea following my education in Switzerland, I grew further apart from my father because I insisted on reform and market-opening and was eventually viewed with suspicion," adding "My father felt very lonely after sending me to study abroad. Then my half brothers Jong-chol and Jong-un and half sister Yeo-jong were born and his adoration was moved on to them. And when he felt that I'd turn into a capitalist after living abroad for years, he shortened the overseas education of my brothers and sister."[9]

I really think he is more concern in proving that he has power and the more attention he get from the rest of the world the more power hungry he will get. It is like feeding a dragon and watching it grow more heads.
I was referring to the unchosen brother.

I heard on Nightly News tonight the North Korea is trying blackmail us to give them money if they'll take down their rockets and stop nuke threats . And if we give North Korea $$$ they will made threats when they want more $$$!
How do you deal a 28 yo dictator that trying to prove to his country and army that he is powerful?
Not give them anything and laugh at them...lmao

Jiro, I read all the posts just not targeting each and every one...
Ok so youre Korean...so.... does that make you an expert? No.
What I am saying and I will stand my grounds because I know what I read, just don't know one sons name from the other, but I do know what they said as FACTS.
The PEACEFUL ( what you call spoiled, faggy brat) son was interviewed and his statement was, " HE DIDNT LIKE THE WAY HIS DAD RAN THE COUNTRY AND SINCE HE WAS RAISED IN THE WEST WITH FREEDOM, HE PLANNED TO TURN THE COUNTRY INTO A FREE COUNTRY AS HE DIDNT LIKE THEM LIVING LIKE SLAVES" and god yes Id like to find this article to post... been searching but haven't found it yet. I wouldn't be searching if I didn't have an argument to prove. Its out there somewhere.

no it does not make me an expert but I do know more than you. the information you get in America is pretty much different from what Korean people get in Korea. what you're getting is called American Rhetoric/Propaganda. that's why you have not been able to find whatever you're looking for. it doesn't exist.

I have very large families in both Koreas. unfortunately after the war - we're cut off from North Korea so we have no way of knowing how they're doing.

just FYI - Switzerland government system is very very different from America. It's puzzling to me. and he was not raised in the west. he was educated in Switzerland and probably learned about economy and market.

here are bits and pieces I am finding

Kim says he fell out of favour because he had become an advocate for reform after being educated in Switzerland leading his father to decide that he had turned "into a capitalist". In an email to the editor of Tokyo Shimbun, Kim wrote "After I went back to North Korea following my education in Switzerland, I grew further apart from my father because I insisted on reform and market-opening and was eventually viewed with suspicion," adding "My father felt very lonely after sending me to study abroad. Then my half brothers Jong-chol and Jong-un and half sister Yeo-jong were born and his adoration was moved on to them. And when he felt that I'd turn into a capitalist after living abroad for years, he shortened the overseas education of my brothers and sister."[9]
it doesn't mean diddly squat.

you can still be a dictator and a capitalist. Saddam was a capitalist. Gaddafi was a capitalist. that's why both of them were living in a palace of gold, diamond, and silk so I suppose Kim Jong-Nam want to do same thing.

do you seriously think Kim Jong-Nam is a noble "peaceful" man who wants to bring democracy and freedom to North Korea? Kim Jong-Il was a paranoid delusional tyrant with a mental illness and childish tantrum. so he got all sad and lonely that Jong-Nam went to Switzerland... and got angry at him so he pushed him out. boo-hoo!!!!

it doesn't mean diddly squat.

you can still be a dictator and a capitalist. Saddam was a capitalist. Gaddafi was a capitalist. that's why both of them were living in a palace of gold, diamond, and silk so I suppose Kim Jong-Nam want to do same thing.

do you seriously think Kim Jong-Nam is a noble "peaceful" man who wants to bring democracy and freedom to North Korea? Kim Jong-Il was a paranoid delusional tyrant with a mental illness and childish tantrum. so he got all sad and lonely that Jong-Nam went to Switzerland... and got angry at him so he pushed him out. boo-hoo!!!!
Jiro, that was from his mouth, his interview.
If cut off from knowing anything about NK, How does the news get its news? Hmmmmmmmmmm

you know, he might even kill his own brother, (or order him dead by other means)...i dunno but its possible

you know, he might even kill his own brother, (or order him dead by other means)...i dunno but its possible

There is speculation that Kim Jong IL killed his younger brother as a child.

They are really crazy.

Back