Need help with your VP???

Hey!

I got VP-200 on last saturday! Everything worked fine. Except Recieve Calls. I can't recieve Calls on my VP-200 and Soreson Installer try fix that. But it still not working. Installer look like he don't know how Firewall works. Because I have My DSL connect to DI-604 and DI-624 (Chain) Router I connect my VP-200 direct to DI-624 but I able not recieve calls but it only show up missed Calls on my VP-200.

But I am switch to RoadRunner in November when I switch to RoadRunner I won't be using Router anymore! Router work suck with VP!!
Try to connect your VP directly to the DSL modem and see if you can recieve incomming calls. If it works, then there is some config issue on your router/firewall. If it still doesn't work then there has to be a problem with the vp-200's config or perhaps its defective. Good luck and let me know how that works out for ya.

The DMZ option is the eaisest but the least secure. Technically someone could hack, corrupt or launch a DOS (denial of service) attack on your VP. Remember the DMZ is not protected by the firewall.

I was bothered by DMZ thing for the router before long and that the vp support said that DMZ won't harm the pc protection. I wasn't too sure about that so it seem true enough that he (vp support guy) was lying.

So I gonna recheck my router settings to ensure that DMZ is set off. Thanks, dude.

I was bothered by DMZ thing for the router before long and that the vp support said that DMZ won't harm the pc protection. I wasn't too sure about that so it seem true enough that he (vp support guy) was lying.

So I gonna recheck my router settings to ensure that DMZ is set off. Thanks, dude.
That is correct. If the PC is not on the DMZ and the VP is, then your PC is protected. Put the VP on the DMZ and see if that fixes it for ya. Just don't put your PC's on the DMZ and they will be protected by the firewall.

The only time that DMZ can hurt your PC is that *IF* you set DMZ on your PC! But if you set your VP with NAT ip address matches the number that you set with DMZ. ONLY one IP address that DMZ or port forward can assign. Cant have two or more IP addresses with same port forwarding.

That is correct. If the PC is not on the DMZ and the VP is, then your PC is protected. Put the VP on the DMZ and see if that fixes it for ya. Just don't put your PC's on the DMZ and they will be protected by the firewall.

To be honest, I caught few installer that have no clue to what they are doing. I hate to say this, but there is alot inept installer there. I know couple installer did good damage to company networking when they do installation at worksite!!! Sure pissed companies off big time.
I never let VP installer touch my networking. Reason? My networking is way too advanced and I have set it with specific purposes. Believe it or not, one installer have no idea there is two different speed on my networking and he told me there is serious problem with my networking system. I looked at my system and came back and told the installer... Who told you??? I then told him he is WRONG! Amber lights don't always mean it have trouble (Collision), it is just running using 10mbps! DUH! then told him to BACK OFF! He said ok... I then swap the VP in 2 minutes. He didn't have any idea what I am doing.

Personally I am qualified installer, I know that. Reason I m not installer/tech support is that my area they don't have any opening available. I could get these positions easily if I live outside Rochester area! I regretted for leaving NTID/RIT 7 years ago! If I had not left there, I probably be working for Sorenson! I did got offer from CSDvrs, but I turned down because their offer were rather serious joke!!!

Hey!

I got VP-200 on last saturday! Everything worked fine. Except Recieve Calls. I can't recieve Calls on my VP-200 and Soreson Installer try fix that. But it still not working. Installer look like he don't know how Firewall works. Because I have My DSL connect to DI-604 and DI-624 (Chain) Router I connect my VP-200 direct to DI-624 but I able not recieve calls but it only show up missed Calls on my VP-200.

But I am switch to RoadRunner in November when I switch to RoadRunner I won't be using Router anymore! Router work suck with VP!!

Try to connect your VP directly to the DSL modem and see if you can recieve incomming calls. If it works, then there is some config issue on your router/firewall. If it still doesn't work then there has to be a problem with the vp-200's config or perhaps its defective. Good luck and let me know how that works out for ya.

Yes! I try that before. But it don't work because I have Firewall built in my DSL Modem. I am switch to RoadRunner soon so I can connect direct to Cable Modem instead using Router.

Thanks. I did check my DMZ setting and it was set as OFF. So I'm relieved.

I believe I set it right after I bought a new D-Link wireless router (DI-624) replacing the DI-524 router that Sorenson sent me with the vp equipment 3+ years ago.

However, I'm puzzled at how you can set DMZ on vp instead of on the pc? How??

I believe I set it right after I bought a new D-Link wireless router (DI-624) replacing the DI-524 router that Sorenson sent me with the vp equipment 3+ years ago.

I have DI-624 too... Did you set DMZ to work and are you able recieve Calls on VP-200?? If you able recieve Calls. Then can you explain to me how set up on Router etc... Because I am not able recieve Calls with DI-624 plus I chain Router with DI-604 and DI-624 and DSL have own Firewall...

What's DMZ? How will I find out? Care to explain please?

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone

How to find and set DMZ up (off or on) at:

1. Go: D-Link Product Categories

2. Click on your d-link product on that page what you use for your vp...

3. Click on "Emulator" ... (on medium right side under support resources) .. it will pop up your d-link router settings/tools right on...

4. Click "Advanced" on the top...

5. Click on "DMZ" on the left column...

Then you will see it... make sure that it shows as OFF but if it's ON then turn it off and click Apply before close your browser. It will be likely that yours set as OFF but check it! It is an important security stuff for your pc.

6. Retest your vp by calling anybody on the vp as if it still works ok... if not, ask the dude who posted this thread (first one), he could help you on this issue. I am not an expert, sorry.

You even can call vp support and ask for help by the way. There is even a pdf file for a manual to download and read it to fix on your own... it's how I fix it on my own. It's quite easy.

I have DI-624 too... Did you set DMZ to work and are you able recieve Calls on VP-200?? If you able recieve Calls. Then can you explain to me how set up on Router etc... Because I am not able recieve Calls with DI-624 plus I chain Router with DI-604 and DI-624 and DSL have own Firewall...

I don't have vp-200... use vp-100 now.

You can retrieve your vp-200 manual user guide at:

Sorenson VRS

* You need to fill in your vp type and your contact details plus email address so they will send you a link for the download to retrieve your user guide manual guide (pdf file)(FREE).

It should take care for your problem on your own. If you couldn't find the solution, then call or email vp support.

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone

3. Click on "Emulator" ... (on medium right side under support resources) .. it will pop up your d-link router settings/tools right on...

Then you will see it... make sure that it shows as OFF but if it's ON then turn it off and click Apply before close your browser. It will be likely that yours set as OFF but check it! It is an important security stuff for your pc.

6. Retest your vp by calling anybody on the vp as if it still works ok... if not, ask the dude who posted this thread (first one), he could help you on this issue. I am not an expert, sorry.

You even can call vp support and ask for help by the way. There is even a pdf file for a manual to download and read it to fix on your own... it's how I fix it on my own. It's quite easy.

If you turn it off then you have to forward the correct ports for the vp to work. I hope people don't start switching the DMZ off without remembering to forward the ports. (see post #1 for the correct ports).

Depends on the firewall you are using. Some offer a seperate physical port to plug into and it's marked DMZ. In addition to plugging into that port, you may have to turn it on. Depends on the firewall you are using. Another method is a logical DMZ where you tell the firewall which MAC addresses will be on the DMZ. Traffic to and from those MAC addresses are not filtered. I will see if I can get some time to get info on your router and let you know.

Use sveasoft's firmware if all else fails.

You might have a better chance with Sveasoft's firmware instead of using Linksys' firmware.

For more information on obtaining sveasoft's firmware, please visit Sveasoft and they support a number of routers.

-Christopher

You might have a better chance with Sveasoft's firmware instead of using Linksys' firmware.

For more information on obtaining sveasoft's firmware, please visit Sveasoft and they support a number of routers.

-Christopher
Thanks Christopher. One thing worth mentioning is that sveasoft firmware is limited to select wireless routers/firewalls.

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone

Thanks web730 ... I copied and saved it and will try when I get the chance. Thanks!

Ok... had time to check on your device. It looks like this device can only do DMZ by IP address. Here is a link to the DLINK emulator for your model.
DI-624

Log into your Dlink, click the Advanced tab at the top and then click the DMZ button on the left. Select enable and put in the IP address of your VP. Now click apply. That would put the VP in the DMZ for ya. Good luck!

Yes! I try that before. But it don't work because I have Firewall built in my DSL Modem. I am switch to RoadRunner soon so I can connect direct to Cable Modem instead using Router.
Can you tell me the make and model of your modem?

Can you tell me the make and model of your modem?

Ok Here is it HomePortal 1000HW

I use all Setting that on D-Link Videophone and all Setting move to VP-200 because I am able recieve Calls on D-Link Videophone just fine and I able to sending Calls. And it worked but if I need use D-Link I will have to switch Etherent Cord to D-Link Videophone when I finish and I have to switch back. That worked. But in November I will get other ISP called RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable

Back