Need help with your VP???

Both are really same thing, but they both have different default setting, SR200 have default setting which designed to work with VP. That is it, the rest is really same thing, if you open up inside both of these routers, they are basically same thing.

Oh, I guess I should stick with DI-624 until it wore out!

Yea, SR200 router is alot easier to do when doing hard reset, just doing hard reset then turn it back on and forget about it. That is what it is designed, comparing to Dlink Di-6XX where yiou would do hard reset then go in that router to set up to work with VP. That is what the difference is.

Oh, I guess I should stick with DI-624 until it wore out!

Yea, SR200 router is alot easier to do when doing hard reset, just doing hard reset then turn it back on and forget about it. That is what it is designed, comparing to Dlink Di-6XX where yiou would do hard reset then go in that router to set up to work with VP. That is what the difference is.

Hmm.. I would like that. I don't like to reset DI-624 then setting up for VP. Should I get SR-200 so I can plug with my DI-624 and use SR-200 for VP so I don't need worry about DI-624?

Hmm.. I would like that. I don't like to reset DI-624 then setting up for VP. Should I get SR-200 so I can plug with my DI-624 and use SR-200 for VP so I don't need worry about DI-624?

It will not work that way if you get SR200 and plug it in DI-624 if DI-624 is un-configured to work with VP.

You need to have a good reason why you want to replace them. Simplification isn't good reason to replace it. But you can always call Tech support and ask them see if they can assist you from there.

Yeah I think so.. do u know how get SR-200?

You need to have a good reason why you want to replace them. Simplification isn't good reason to replace it. But you can always call Tech support and ask them see if they can assist you from there.

True.. I guess I will stick with DI-624.. Better than nothing

Other way is that you can save the configuration file from your Dlink router to your computer, then when your router runs hard reset, then you can upload that file back onto the router and your back in business.

I use my own router name is Linksys Etherfast cable/DSL router with 4-port switch model:BEFSR41 can be connect to VP-100 it's work. it's pretty longer about since two years. i have no problem with VP and router and DSL modem ( westell wirespeed ) Thank you.

Yes you did and I appreciate that. I know my ASL really sux but I am hoping to be able to use the VP to learn more and keep my signing skills up. Let me know when you get your VP back up again and maybe I will know a couple more signs by then.

You have a VP? So do I, maybe some days we can VP each others, I could teach you some sign language if you would like. ;)

Hi...First time posting here...

I have a problem...I am trying to connect a vp200 to a linksys wireless router (wrt54g) with no luck. Sorenson came out and put their sr-200 in and couldn't figure out how to make the wireless work with the vrs. I have been looking everywhere for some ideas on how to fix the problem but have not found anything. Do you guys know how to have the wrt54g (wireless router) work with vp200 without the sr-200? Or maybe use the sr-200 and have the wireless router connect to it and have wireless internet? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.:ty:

Try Belkin wireless router??? It works perfectly fine on my and my friend's VP100.

Catty

Try Belkin wireless router??? It works perfectly fine on my and my friend's VP100.

Catty

I have the wrt54g router, and i have managed to get it working. :bowdown: my VP works greatly but i need to fiddle with it to have right speed. it is troublesome, and the tech support was no help, was back and forth with them for 3 days before i gave up...:rl: , so i was alone on this and got it working with some helpful tips.

I ended up having to use port forwarding to SR-200 and linksys router, wrt54g, wireless. i tried DMZ, but it worked halfway, i could see them but they couldnt see me, so i switched to port forwarding and it works, but freezes often sometimes. any tip would be appreciated. I am planning to mess with speed settings on vp to see if it helps.

I have the wrt54g router, and i have managed to get it working. :bowdown: my VP works greatly but i need to fiddle with it to have right speed. it is troublesome, and the tech support was no help, was back and forth with them for 3 days before i gave up...:rl: , so i was alone on this and got it working with some helpful tips.

I ended up having to use port forwarding to SR-200 and linksys router, wrt54g, wireless. i tried DMZ, but it worked halfway, i could see them but they couldnt see me, so i switched to port forwarding and it works, but freezes often sometimes. any tip would be appreciated. I am planning to mess with speed settings on vp to see if it helps.

Ummh interesting. Have fun hotrodding ur VP200 rofl.

Catty

Ummh interesting. Have fun hotrodding ur VP200 rofl.

Catty

lol, its quite interesting how routers can be fincky with VP. if you know your ways around it, its always a way to get it working. :giggle:

I got it working as it looks like. Sorenson tech support said good luck getting it working, and they dont usually reccomend linksys.

Back