Need help with your VP???

I did that it worked fine.. But I try this Cable Modem---)Switch Router---)VP-200----)(other port) Router and it not working So I use this Cable----)router----)VP-200 and it worked fine.

Hey! My D-Link624 seem not working very good because it keeping disconnected. My Internet Adelphia worked fine. You have any idea why? Plus there any way it will work with Switch Router that Sorenson give me?

Cable Modem---)DI-624----)VP-200

Now you know why I wish Linksys worked with the VP. I have noticed that the D-Link sometimes disconnect for a moment and then reconnect. Not just mine, but several others I have seen do the same. I'm sure that some setting might correct the behavior, but I have not found it yet. (Not only talking about wireless, but also wired)

Normally dlink routers do not disconnects and reconnect. There has to be something going on. I find this odd because I have had several Dlink routers and have NOT find any problems with them.

If you do this way with single IP address assigned by your ISP Cable --->switch ----> two or more devices (PC, VP, Gamer, etc) THis will NOT work, period! This will cause the VP to disconnects and reconnects same with others and will cause strange problems! BUT if your ISP assigns you 2 IP addresses and have only two devices like your PC and VP, then that should be fine, actually better for VP that way! Yes, having VP connects straight to ISP works the best than using router involved. but again, often adding IP addresses from ISP cost more each month for most ISP.

Now you know why I wish Linksys worked with the VP. I have noticed that the D-Link sometimes disconnect for a moment and then reconnect. Not just mine, but several others I have seen do the same. I'm sure that some setting might correct the behavior, but I have not found it yet. (Not only talking about wireless, but also wired)

The connect / disconnect thing happens once in a while, while browsing the net. The balloon will pop up saying "local area connection disconnected", followed by another saying it is now connected. This has never happened with the VP. I assume it is some setting. I only have one IP address shared through the router.

Setting? On router, maybe. I remembered that he said that he got DMZ and port forward enable at same time. That is a possible problem. Can't have both, usually router will disable the port forward when dmz was enabled. And if that is router Di-604, then recommended to have the firmware upgrade as of June 2006,
frequency disconnections should NOT happen.

The connect / disconnect thing happens once in a while, while browsing the net. The balloon will pop up saying "local area connection disconnected", followed by another saying it is now connected. This has never happened with the VP. I assume it is some setting. I only have one IP address shared through the router.

you not unerstand, CAN multi Router!

you not understand, can two or more router with VP-100/200
I help you

Rourter #1 (any work to VP-100/200) - any old router or SR-200
must 192.168.1.1

Router #2 any other router or Linksys WRT54G/(s) Plug to Router #1 Lan#1

VP plug to LAN#2

Router #2 - IP Address 192.168.1.2, Masker 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.1.1,

Router #2's other IP Address for all ocmputer wireless 192.168.2.xxx

both will WORK! I have One Wired Router, One Wired/Wireless Router, One NAS, One VideoPhone, Two Computer with Wired, and One Wireless Computer, they are perfect!

you not unerstand, CAN multi Router!

you not understand, can two or more router with VP-100/200
I help you

Cable Modem -> Router #1 -> Router #2

Rourter #1 (any work to VP-100/200) - any old router or SR-200
must 192.168.1.1

Router #2 any other router or Linksys WRT54G/(s) Plug to Router #1's WAN Port

VP plug to Router#1's any # Port

Router #2 - IP Address 192.168.1.2, Masker @55,255,255.0, Gateway 192.168.1.1,

Router #2's other IP Address for all ocmputer wireless 192.168.2.xxx

both will WORK! I have One Wired Router, One Wired/Wireless Router, One NAS, One VideoPhone, Two Computer with Wired, and One Wireless Computer, they are perfect!

Linksys WRT54GS and VP-200 WORK!

Hi Guys,

Linksys WRT54GS Ver.4 and VP-200, No extra Router, it is wokring!
weird !!!!

Not all of linksys router works. I know only limited model that DO work with VP. And depending on which version of model do work with VP, however majority of them don't work. Cisco decided to chop alot of ports in their router in hope to increase speed. cut down the port DOES increase the speed of router, BUT, unfortunately Cisco thinks VP videostream protocol is too small, not worth for them (profit-wise) they drop that protocol.

Hi Guys,

Linksys WRT54GS Ver.4 and VP-200, No extra Router, it is wokring!
weird !!!!

DHB.. I'm surprised you here today.. I waited for you took so long..
So FYI, I did made gave it up... and contact my hubby's friend who know how use i2eyes connection w/my computer... It's over nightmare.. I'm happy w/my vp back normal now.... :)
btw thank you for your time but not working out an appointment set up...

You are wrong!, DEaf not understand it
I am PC & Network Technician, resarch, I know all how to use
WRT54GS is Cisco Logo, I know old Linksys without "Cisco" did work

Not all of linksys router works. I know only limited model that DO work with VP. And depending on which version of model do work with VP, however majority of them don't work. Cisco decided to chop alot of ports in their router in hope to increase speed. cut down the port DOES increase the speed of router, BUT, unfortunately Cisco thinks VP videostream protocol is too small, not worth for them (profit-wise) they drop that protocol.

You are wrong!, DEaf not understand it
I am PC & Network Technician, resarch, I know all how to use
WRT54GS is Cisco Logo, I know old Linksys without "Cisco" did work

Actually Linksys have its h.323 standard protocol removed when Cisco bought and merge with Linksys. H.323 is a protocol that provides audio/visual communication.

No, H.323 is 1718~1720 ports

1720~1720 ports for VP-100/200

Actually Linksys have its h.323 standard protocol removed when Cisco bought and merge with Linksys. H.323 is a protocol that provides audio/visual communication.

Last edited:
Both are really same thing, but they both have different default setting, SR200 have default setting which designed to work with VP. That is it, the rest is really same thing, if you open up inside both of these routers, they are basically same thing.

Should I get SR-200?? I have D-Link I heard D-Link Sucks

Your right, Sorenson did tried to work with Cisco, but Cisco refused, they wanted what majority of users are using, videostream used in AIM and other IM application, they decided it is not worth dealing with VP.

Back