My RIGHTS to keep my Hearing Dog....

LuvsInk said:
I have a hearing dog and am proud of it. You drop your keys you go ahead and search for them cause when I drop mine I know instantly and I don't have to spend hours looking for them. When an ambulance suddenly turns up behind me I know it before it gets there and have ample time to pull over. Using my hearing dog is my life choice and I love it. When the baby wakes up I know it instantly. Don't need a monitor that I can't hear, got one with four legs that comes gets me. Not to mention that with his bright orange vest it is announcing I'm hearing impaired. I'm not hiding anything. For those of you that don't have a hearing dog and don't want one, I don't mind. So, why should you mind if I have one? My dog is better behaved than most people's kids. And, until we leave a table, most people don't even know he is there. The ADA says I have the right to work with a service dog and their laws apply to everyone, even deaf people who disagree with my right to have him. So quit squawking and get over it. Having my hearing dog doesn't make me any less deaf, just makes it easier for me to function. My choice, my right and I exercise that right freely. :popcorn:

:gpost: :gpost: :gpost: I hope Sweetmind will listen to this, but I doubt anything will penatrate her thick skull. :ugh: :roll: I think she's a hearie imho. :eek: The only exception, LuvsInk, is that I don't cape Snickers. I have found that when she is either caped or not, people want to pet her and even then, they don't listen. <<sigh>> I get the nonverbal message that I'm a snob when I say "no petting" no matter who it is. I'd like to ask them sometime if I could pet their children, just to see what they'd say. :naughty: :D

As for hearing dogs behaving better than children . . . I concur on that one! :thumb: Shortly after my bankruptcy was discharged in 2001, I had Snickers with me at the mall, which was one of the first times she started as my hearing dog. We were actually shopping for a leather jacket at Wilsons Leather, when the saleslady told me, "Your dog acts better than most kids that come in my store." For that remark, I bought a jacket. :cheers: You see, I had been looking for one for years that didn't make me look like a burnout or a drug dealer and found one I really liked. The saleslady's remark also made my day, :thumb: as I still get that same kind of response from people, especially in retail and in restaurants. Shoot! :rl: Snickers is so quiet that no one knows she is there. Furthermore, this is how I trained her to be.

pek1 said:
Reba,

I concur. Also, what's odd is that she didn't feel the vibrations from the train. This is also my second way of hearing sounds like this.
"Gene Mirus, a deaf studies instructor at the nation's leading university for the hearing-impaired, Gallaudet University, told the Statesman that many deaf people who think they can detect approaching trains by their vibrations are mistaken."
http://www.click2houston.com/news/8025921/detail.html?rss=hou&psp=news

Pete
LMM have been to ER for last month quite offten.. Most ER Dr. know she have Amel.. Some don't.. Now when dr come in room, They are inform that Amel is on side of bed.. Because the few that didn't know she was there step on her. She never move when they step on her. She looks at them as "Hello! I'm here." This why now they make sure the Dr & Nurse know she is there.
When she have going, Kids & parnets think Amel is a pet dog. Ask question what is a dog doing in here? She can't bring dog in here, I'm alegic to dog's.
This when the Lady at desk explain to people Amel is a service dog. She have every right being here. Here's a mask if you are alegic to dogs, Don't sit/stand by dog.

LMM

Sweetmind said:
Edited : No one is gonna to make me for not what I am that is what they want me to do all the time. I am not a dog to follow your or their oral sides only if you dont mind..

Mind your own damn business whatever I can feel to speak it freely with my own expression feelings that is very honest for me to feel. I am not gonna to pretend everything is so good about Audist attitude people. MIND YOU! You have no right to tell me what to do what I think or I feel that when a hearing teacher does that to deafies in their writings because they couldnt express anything because we all are wrong wrong wrong that is a huge problem of being self centered of theirs. No wonder many d/deaf/ HOH oralists have their English written problem because they couldnt able to do anything how they feels or thinks of our own opinions. That's explain that we dont like the feeling you are being so control over me and my feelings and thoughts.. TOUGH LUCK !!!

Sighs! That reminds me of a man from germany, or from Iraq s attitudes. boy it IS so much alike audist attitude people.

:pissed:

What a pretentious airhead you are! You can be pissed all you want to, but no one has to put up with your attitude.

LMM said:
Pete
LMM have been to ER for last month quite offten.. Most ER Dr. know she have Amel.. Some don't.. Now when dr come in room, They are inform that Amel is on side of bed.. Because the few that didn't know she was there step on her. She never move when they step on her. She looks at them as "Hello! I'm here." This why now they make sure the Dr & Nurse know she is there.
When she have going, Kids & parnets think Amel is a pet dog. Ask question what is a dog doing in here? She can't bring dog in here, I'm alegic to dog's.
This when the Lady at desk explain to people Amel is a service dog. She have every right being here. Here's a mask if you are alegic to dogs, Don't sit/stand by dog.

LMM

LMM,

I hope you're feeling better. I'm going to put you on my prayer list today so you can get better. I hope it's not serious. Feel free to pm.

Reba said:
"Gene Mirus, a deaf studies instructor at the nation's leading university for the hearing-impaired, Gallaudet University, told the Statesman that many deaf people who think they can detect approaching trains by their vibrations are mistaken."
http://www.click2houston.com/news/8025921/detail.html?rss=hou&psp=news

Reba,

What do you think? I think the good doctor is so educated he has forgotten about reality. She had to have felt the vibration from the train.

pek1 said:
Reba,

What do you think? I think the good doctor is so educated he has forgotten about reality. She had to have felt the vibration from the train.
Not necessarily if she wasn't actually on the tracks. She was walking on the outside of the tracks.

Care to try an experiment?

Mookie said:
I bet you would require for the trained dog or probably a miniature pot-belly pig which has higher intelligent than any dog.

LOLAFOTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :laugh2: :rofl: :applause: :giggle: :dance2: Mookie, I think pot bellied pigs are smarter than some of the people I know!! Thanks for the laugh today!! :ty:

Reba said:
Not necessarily if she wasn't actually on the tracks. She was walking on the outside of the tracks.

Care to try an experiment?

I'll call your bluff, Reba.

YES!! And that is my final answer. :mrgreen:

Sweetmind said:
Audist attitude peopel dont know a shyte about us deafies thats including doctor,too.

That's why doctors have a degree to back up their claims.

That's why doctors have a degree to back up their claims.

:confused: No kidding!!! So what about it? It means nothing to me because it doesnt mean they know everything about us deafies and our deaf ears 100 percent in their heart, I find this is so funny to hear this.

Are you telling me that I have to go to many different doctor for my deafness all the time?? They already knew I am definitely legally deaf. Why bother to go there for the purpose of having a deafness all your lives? We are not having the disease for being deaf or a legally deaf itself. It doesnt make any sense that they have the right to experiment on d/Deaf children like a guinea pig or puppet that teach them is something wrong with the deafness as they think it s bad to be a legally deaf. I think not because there is nothing wrong with my deafness if you mind. I am just legally deaf that I have to accept and face the reality. As you think that there is nothing you can do about it after all you think Doctor knows everything that makes you are a functional hearing. Wow! oooo That gives me a real goose bump all over me with the whole bunch of hives skin. Thats so shockable for me. No wonder it makes a tripled disabled person.

Also, I had been going to see doctors all the time because of infection , verigo and nausea issues.. Guess what they cannot find the solution to heal it when I was a young teenage. It goes away by itself. Sometimes it gets me into a flashback to feel this way while I am wearing HA.

HA destroys my middle ear canal on my right side of ear because they put "the overrated of hearing loss levels. I quit last 8 years ago because it s not worthwhile for not having the two ways of streets in this society anyhow. Anyway, I have to live my own sufferings from audist attitude people because they did damaged my right ear from the start. At that time, I was wearing Headphone sets that has a volume on it in the classrooms. That volume does not even match my level of my hearing loss that gives me the real pain from the sounds. The sounds is part of noise pollution as well as I am still hearing all kind of sound noise inside of my ear that is very painful and very annoyance noise that I am still hearing all that different kind of noise. Audist Attitude people doesn't know anything the real fact about the deafness. No one will be able to define or repair our pains that comes from the sound itself that destroy my right ear badly. So therefore I should not been paying for those Deaf Accessories for my needs that they did it to me with their own way of Medical thinking to add this up all those years. After all I am disabled because of functional hearing people dont have any respect for our deafness.

Overall that bullshit in Medical issue shows my left ear has been left alone that doesnt cause me any problem because I have a very stoned deaf on my left ear. Thank goodness! Now tells me what you see between my left ear and right ear that shows me the answer.

It also makes my eye shakey cuz of too noisy around me. That's where I lost my focus on everything that should not be happens. As far as I am still getting some shakey eyes sometimes that is very painful without HA. So therefore I am disabled for being destroy my hearing residual and my nerve eye by professional.

I feel that I do not deserve to pay all those medical that relates the deafness because they want to conform you as a hearing person. Scoffs! Thats not what the Medical purpose is for d/Deaf children 's true identity to be destroyed. Like I said, NO harm on d/Deaf children from the MEDICAL that is required.

It hits me hard after I read a book called " Everybody can use their hands in Martha Vineyard" that I borrowed from a hearing American History teacher with an excellence ASL. Guess what Hearing people dont even notice they are deaf because they have no problem with their hands to communicate with. They treat deafies' equally human beings. At that time they did not have any Medical issue about the deafness to make a big deal out of it.

Also, There are so many children with HA or CI devices are legally deaf and need to have ASL at home and in school with or without orally speaking.. That would be their choices to make not by the parents or anybody who thinks their children 's body are their parent 's property that is not necessary.

What a very sad that I am receiving a very nonesense question!!! :confused:

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Last edited:
The reason is that I m using AUDIST ATTITUDE people because I m not giving the impression that it s ALL hearing are like that if you mind. ;) There are some hearing people out there are so great people with a good attitude and doesnt treat d/Deaf children like what audist attitude people did. It s not my responsibility to worry about you as individual s feelings because it is YOURS not mine. So there! So that way Hearing people can see the difference between Hearing/Deaf people and Hearing/deaf Oralism people. It shows that I am not talking about ALL hearing or deafies because I have my hearing friends, families, workers, hearing stranger people that I dont know, d/Deaf schoolmate, d/Deaf friends, d/Deaf Blind people, d/Deaf students and you name it all , that is who I love very much with all my heart. It s very general issue that I am talking about. I havent pointed that out to a individual at all. Thank goodness I do not have to :bowdown: for audist attitude people.

The diversity means the quality or condition of being diverse. It says "the curious diversity of human ambitions". It tells me very clear that We deafies are one of those Diversity people if you understand the concept of Diversity. You are fighting against with me because you think I am focusing on deaf people only that you just dont see what I am trying to have Deafies rights with the equally human being to be shown. No matter you like it or not!

CAN you imagine that all deaf people have a dog in the classrooms?? oh please?.. We deafies are not that helpless as you think .. thank you
Thats what I see the food for thoughts.

1. Does every school or college clean it up every day with non-washable rug or on the bare floor or dus/ wash the school desks? I think not!

2. Do we have to tolerate that we have to smell or deal with sticky the odor dog 's breath/ salvia on the floor or having their gas that ready to blow into the stinky air that u can control that? I think not!

3. Do we have to tolerate to have all those dog's hair on their clothes every day in the classroom? I think not

4. Do you think that they will make a bigger room to fit people and their dogs? I think not!

5. Do we need a hearing dog in Deaf events or Deaf club or whatever it is? I think not!

I would not wanting this stupid hassle with all that unnecessary of needs and abuse the laws. Thats why I do not support for a wrong reason.

Something fishy that someone said they have no Deaf accessories in their apt or home. I was resisted that because almost every deafies feels that they must have their Deaf accessories in their place, no matter what? I do not believe it at all since some of them are getting free supplies and some of them paid for it with their pockets. We cannot live without an equal communication accessories. Somebody is not telling the whole story about what happened between HUD and a tenant 100 percent. I dont trust that issue right now. I am speaking of general issue about Hearing dog. I have not seen that I was saying that you are not allowed to have a hearing dog or companion dog, That s the only reason is that I felt offended by this terminology of Hearing itself that belongs to deafies invention or ideas that helps us from the past. I feel that we should respect deafies who did it for us and hearing people in this society with a gifted appreciation. I guess Deaf History that you dont know much about it. What a very sad that audist attitude people do not want to bother and teach our d/Deaf children s rights! about our Deaf History in the classroom in Mainstream schools or Deaf schools.

Why does it have to be throwaway our Deaf history or Deaf Culture that has for d/Deaf people to see the Deaf Role Model for those children who needs to look up to and proud of their own true identity that makes a lot difference after all they forced them to be a functionally hearing. Oh please!!!

Now it s about HUD issue here. I have the lease paper for apt or Housing rules by the landlord. I just dont see how could low income people afford to pay those service , and many other hidden costs that we might not know that it will cost more than what you expect. Also, as far as I know HUD is a very restriction rules about keep clean in their apt or housing. They comes to each tenant s apt to see if their place is completely clean and organized.

This is an example of what is the agreement in the lease paper.

Animals

For that apt lease says No animals shall be brought onto the premises without prior written consent of the Owner. Tenants understand they are fully responsible for the acts of their animals and agree to ay to Landlord an additional [Security Deposit of $250. Tenant also agrees to forfeit that portion of the [Security Deposit up to $775.00 needed for cleaning and/ or repairs caused by their animals. Tenant also agrees to defend Landlord in any lawsuit resulting from the actions of their animals. Anyone found harboring a pet will e subject to a $500.00 charge------------(tenant to sign).

Maintenance Repairs or Alterations:

Tenant acknowledges that the premises are in good order and repair, unless otherwise noted herein. Owner may at any time give tenant a written inventory of furniture and furnishings on the premises and Tenant shall be deemed to have possession of all said furniture and furnishings in good condition and repair, unless he objects to in writing within five (5) days after receipt of such inventory. Tenant shall at his own expense, and at all times, maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary manner including equipment, appliances, furniture and furnishings therein and shall surrender the same, at the expiration or termination hereof, in as good condition as received, normal wear and tear excepted. Tenant shall be responsibility for damages caused by his negligence or acts and that of his family , animals invitees or guests. Tenant shall not commit any waste upon said premises and shall pay for any and all refuse removal from the premises that are considered an additional charge by the rubbish removal contractor.

So I dont know some of you are a good reader and understand the agreement lease in a very advanced English written. You are the responsibility for your own signature on the agreement lease paper. So think twice before you can bashing me real good. So That s sticky part for me to resist their opinions.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

PS: I should give you a warm hugz and patting your back that I ll say Nice try, Cloggy. You got the :evil: thinking about me. Now I finally see the truth. What a :fruit: that I am getting from!

I just got the message from a HOH/deaf friend who went to see the HUD landlord and asked some of the questions about a companion dog. He was carried his opinions about hearing people who have to pay the deposit for the dogs or cats as a companion dog since last night.

Deaf people have to run around to get a document from the doctor 's approval and paying for a hearing dog to live with him/her. It is the same thing what you paid for a Hearing dog. However, he feels that Deaf people should not pay for the deposit for a companion dog on the agreement lease paper because Landlord already knew that he is legally deaf. And why bother to do all that dirty work? Landlord said it s make sense because the application as she sees in the agreement lease that the term of Deaf to be shown that is no point to get a card or deposit for it. He received a companion dog for free as he laughed. He never expected anything from Landlord. Landlord knows better than audist attitude people ;)

Also, he called HUD to find out about it.. They told him that he has the rights to get a dog anytime as long as he is legally deaf.

Now you can see why I dont agree some of your opinions. I have worked hard to investigate and find out what 's going on. I am not gonna to have the pulling my leg(s). I have a very strong instinct that isnt something right that is very sticky going on in this topic that someone brought it up. Oh well, I did the right thing to say when I stood up for not having any laws to be abusive anymore. There is a general law for the dog issues that doesnt say which dog is it? at all.

Whew! You know how I feel yesterday and in today's. Keep that in your mind, I am a legally (D)eaf not a functionally hearing and know what I am talking about. :dunno: what s their problem? That's :werd:

:ty: ;)
Sweetmind

Hearing Ear Dogs

It so happens that I am a former owner of a Hearing Ear Dog. They can be wonderful animals. However we humans must be responsible and if our apartments stink, or the animals potty in the wrong place, etc. the landlord has a right to complain. It is HIS property and he pays taxes and upkeep on it.

If I were you, I would have a nice chat with your landlord and ask him exactly what the problem is, and then YOU act accordingly to straighten the problem out.

My dog came from Dogs For The Deaf and one of their requirements was that I have a fenced in area with a dog house for the dog to potty and excercise in. The mess should be cleaned up daily.

I am afraid that you must meet the landlord halfway, since he is the owner of the property.

Good luck and best wishes!

Like I said, NO harm on d/Deaf children from the MEDICAL that is required.

Now you can see why I am so against CI devices that d/Deaf children couldnt stop from these problem that I had in the past with my brain system wired up and my shaking eyes occassionally for years and years. NO ONE even know the answer what they are talking about our feelings about HA or CI devices that we experienced. Heck with you guys for not read it carefully. Well they are really ignorant doctors or professional with a higher degree about deafness. If my right ear left alone that would not have any problem that I have now. Thats why I HATE the sound that I dont miss anything from the sounds anymore. Scoffs!

And also, I feel that they should paying me for Health insurance for the rest of my life after all they did damaged on my right ear and make me suffering/ miserable with the sound noise in my right ear with or without HA every single day with 24 hours in 7 days. So there!

NO more forced or conform by parents or professionals. For pete s sake. Thats why I feel their pains and suffering that they are no different from me as legally deaf. Thats the huge abuse going on our d/Deaf children s lives.

I want the parent to know the truth what I had a serious problem with my right ear from HA for years and years that I was forced to wear it in the classroom and college. (rme)

That s how I feel that none of anyone s business to do with our deafness that we have to live with sufferings forever. FOR WHAT??? for hearing's sakes?? Oh please!

Thank you!

Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
The reason is that I m using AUDIST ATTITUDE people because I m not giving the impression that it s ALL hearing are like that if you mind. ;) There are some hearing people out there are so great people with a good attitude and doesnt treat d/Deaf children like what audist attitude people did. It s not my responsibility to worry about you as individual s feelings because it is YOURS not mine. So there!

You're absolutely right, Sweetmind. But guess what? You contradict yourself more than you realize. This goes both ways. If you're to ask MY respect for your opinions, then I'd expect for you to do the same for mine. I don't have a problem with people who prefer to be militant about resorting to STRICT ASL as far as communication, or not getting CI's for fear that it'll make them any less deaf. If this is how they, or for that matter, YOU, feel, then that's FINE with me. It's what they want, it's what they're comfortable with. I honestly and truly do NOT allow it to affect the way I live my life or see things. By now, if you haven't gotten it through your thick head already, I am ALL FOR CHOICE. Okay????? By misunderstanding me, you're only flying off the handle even more than people expect you to. Do not paint ME as being the unreasonable one in this case. You simply do NOT have enough evidence of this to do so.

You DO need to understand though, that there are people who grew up differently than you did, and who adopted different methods as far as communications, etc...it was also by choice that some of us obtained a CI because we felt it would be beneficial to US. I know I speak for a lot of people here when I say this.

I'm no more or less deaf than you are, Sweetmind. Yes, I speak only, and yes, I know a little sign language because I CHOSE to learn it later on during my college days. When it came to me, my mother had the "audist" attitude you despise so much, but back when my hearing loss was detected, she had different ideas and thoughts - she did what she felt was right. Don't forget that this was also 27 years ago. Times have changed, and technology has changed. Anyway...she taught me to speak first, and didn't want me signing. YES, I felt left out, I'll admit it, but I have to ALSO admit that my speaking has developed to the point where I can function EXTREMELY well in the hearing world. I am also told that I am a very good and successful writer. Yes, I was picked on, I was teased, and I had my own trouble fitting in...but most adolescents do at one point or another. Hearing has very little, if anything, to do with it. There are plenty of factors that contribute to one's inability to fit in. Being deaf is one, yes, but what about being overweight? Or physically disabled? Cross-eyed? Nerdish? Unpopular? Impoverished? Gothic? I can go on if you deem it necessary.

I just know that I, as a person, have succeeded. Because of this, I, personally, have NOTHING negative to say about a deaf person learning to speak if they're able, a deaf individual receiving speech therapy, etc...or even getting CI's, because now I can HEAR my husband speak to me, my children laugh, cry, play, scream, fight, call each other names...you get the picture. That makes me an audist? Fine, so be it. :dunno:

Point is, I'm happy with the way I am, and I don't need to be accused of not being supportive of one's decision to remain as they are. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't care how one chooses to live their lives - it's theirs, not mine.

Perhaps what you truly don't like about me is that I WILL stand up for what I believe to be true in my case - it may not be so for everyone, but I KNOW it's possible. It is POSSIBLE for ANYONE to improve their lives, whether they're deaf, blind, stupid, you name it. I'm all for that. However, if they don't WANT to, that's a different ballgame alltogether.

The SAME thing applies to hearing dogs. It's still a choice, no matter how you choose to twist it. If someone wants one, great - I support it. If someone feels they don't need one because their eyes work perfectly, then terrific! I support that as well. Why? NOT because it's the same choice I would make, but because it's how THEY feel.

Capisce????

??????????? :confused: You have no idea what u are talking about me. What a :crazy: !!!!! Thats the problem here.

Sweetmind said:
??????????? :confused: You have no idea what u are talking about me. What a :crazy: !!!!! Thats the problem here.

Riiiiiight. Is that all you've to say?

Look at yourself that you dont read it carefully what my writings tell you in many things about the deafness that it turns me off from audist attitude people who thinks the number one is HEAR and the number two is SPEAK only that still exists in today's if you mind. You just dont get it and too busy to bash me all along. Sighs!

I feel you ignored the facts that I just explained as much as I could. And you dont take time to think of what 's real going on our deafness that destroys by audist attitude at first place . My and deafies's true experiences are much similar problems that needs to be heard for a very good reason. Device is not the answer to make the difference because it destroy a natural Deaf people's Adaption that is very healthy tool for us to use for a reason as I feel it should be having the POSITIVE OUTLOOK about d/Deaf people like me if you mind. So why bother to focus on and destroy me as A Natural Deaf person for not having a choice with devices or a true language when I was two years old if you mind. I am not allowed to be a deaf person or have a legally deaf which is very outrageous for anybody to do this to the d/Deaf children. Who said I must hear and speak?? Of course the answer is the audist attitude people in a hearing world that what turns me off completely. Scoffs!

Thats why I brought it up to explain what s Diversity all about? I dont need audist attitude people focused into a big light spot on Deafness as one sided. to conform that destroy us badly in our Diversity world anymore. Thats their hearing world that doesnt have a healthy thoughts or feelings about Deaf people 's capabilities for many years. SCOFFS!! They make money to become rich to rip off on parents and their child and deafies s positive outlook for both sides in Diversity world that shows me they actually destroyed a Natural Deaf people 's health. All I can say Damn you, audist attitude people dont care but $$$$$$$$$ I have to live with my pains and sufferings that is FOOOORRRRRR WHAT??? SCOFFS!!!

For god s sake, my mom raised her seven children with no ASL and doesnt have the kind of money to spend on fricky MEDICAL expenses for my deafness that is not necessary to mess around with my ears at all and the parents money. Thats what it ticks me off about the whole thing happens to me and many deafies. This is real NONSENSE to destroy our deafness for any reasons.

Other thing is that I feel like I am watched by audist attitude people in hearing world and feel offended by their negative sayings.. This is Hearing world all my life. Heck with you guys. Keep that in your mind, they are responsible for my damage on the right ear so therefore they should give me a free Health insurance since I have no health insurance for more than 17 years that I could not afford. Scoffs!!! SIGHS! Thats all I want.

I am the invisible a Deaf Natural person from a hearing world in the past and I am not the invisible a Deaf Natural person from the diversity world in today's that I will always proud of myself as a legally deaf and believe in myself until I die. Get it???

Thank you!

Sweetmind

Back