My RIGHTS to keep my Hearing Dog....

Sweetmind said:
CAN you imagine that all deaf people have a dog in the classrooms?? oh please?.. We deafies are not that helpless as you think .. thank you
I don't think anyone expects ALL deaf people to have dogs in the classroom but even if they did you can learn to deal with it.

Well I can see people disrespect for deafies who is very easily distraction by a little thing that moves. If you mind!
Wow, talk about disrespect! How about some respect for d/Deaf/HoH people who don't follow your lead.

Audist attitude peopel dont know a shyte about us deafies thats including doctor,too.
Well, maybe you can help educate them. But if you approach every problem as a personal offense, and "attack" the offenders, I'm afraid you won't get very far with the "audists".

Also I didnt like interpreter in the classroom very well if you mind.. Thats why I prefer ASL teacher in the classroom that makes me get going to learn more than force me to read their lips or listen those stupid devices while many hearing teacher doesnt sign too well and have a gutter sign language that relates to artitifical languages SCoffs!.. It gets me falling asleep as usual. SIGHS again. Again I didnt have my rights at all that what it pissed me off after all people have no respect my and deafies needs or our rights.
It would be wonderful if every teacher could communicate in every language, dialect, and mode that every student preferred but that is not reality. You know, life might move on a little more smoothly for you if just seek out positive solutions to problems instead of complaining, accusing, and scoffing. Sure, you have a right to your feelings of frustration, anger, and disappointment but unless you channel them in a positive way you will just experience more frustration, anger, and disappoint. Denying other people their rights to service dogs or interpreters isn't going to help your situation.

I m not just saying that the dog moves around. Dog's sneeze or lick their paws .. stuff like that.. thats normal typical for dog. You cannot make them not to move at all. For god s sake.
Well, I work in classrooms where the students sneeze, cough, check their text msg's, drop their books, flirt with each other, eat snacks, sharpen pencils, spill drinks, scratch their bodies, snore, play with their body piercings, and get restless. People learn to deal with it.

ha ha I can understand it very well.. Guess what!! Hearing people keep losing their coins or pens or dollars everywhere that I can find every day ,meanwhile I go for a walk or go to the store. They do not hear it because of too much noise pollution out there. ;)

Of course it s your rights to have a dog which is fine but dont make a big deal out of it. I feel insulted by this kind of audist attitude who thinks we cant cant for being ourselves as a legally deaf. NO wonder audist attitude screwed us up for not having our Deaf adaption that makes u so helpless. Thats their excuse to destroy our d/Deaf adaption that works for us better than depend on those materialism that doesnt help u 100 percent.. Adaption is the answer that you can deal with everyday of our lives. NO One is gonna to make me for not what I am what they want me to do all the time.. I am not a dog to follow your or their oral sides only if you dont mind.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
ha ha I can understand it very well.. Guess what!! Hearing people keep losing their coins or pens or dollars everywhere that I can find every day ,meanwhile I go for a walk or go to the store. They do not hear it because of too much noise pollution out there. ;)

Of course it s your rights to have a dog which is fine but dont make a big deal out of it. I feel insulted by this kind of audist attitude who thinks we cant cant for being ourselves as a legally deaf. NO wonder audist attitude screwed us up for not having our Deaf adaption that makes u so helpless. Thats their excuse to destroy our d/Deaf adaption that works for us better than depend on those materialism that doesnt help u 100 percent.. Adaption is the answer that you can deal with everyday of our lives. NO One is gonna to make me for not what I am what they want me to do all the time.. I am not a dog to follow your or their oral sides only if you dont mind.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

If you're so insulted, you need not subject yourself to the audist attitudes you speak so frequently of. Period.

NO One is gonna to make me for not what I am what they want me to do all the time.. I am not a dog to follow your or their oral sides only if you dont mind.

Edited : No one is gonna to make me for not what I am that is what they want me to do all the time. I am not a dog to follow your or their oral sides only if you dont mind..

Mind your own damn business whatever I can feel to speak it freely with my own expression feelings that is very honest for me to feel. I am not gonna to pretend everything is so good about Audist attitude people. MIND YOU! You have no right to tell me what to do what I think or I feel that when a hearing teacher does that to deafies in their writings because they couldnt express anything because we all are wrong wrong wrong that is a huge problem of being self centered of theirs. No wonder many d/deaf/ HOH oralists have their English written problem because they couldnt able to do anything how they feels or thinks of our own opinions. That's explain that we dont like the feeling you are being so control over me and my feelings and thoughts.. TOUGH LUCK !!!

Sighs! That reminds me of a man from germany, or from Iraq s attitudes. boy it IS so much alike audist attitude people.

:pissed:

Sweetmind said:
Mind your own damn business whatever I can feel to speak it freely with my own expression feelings that is very honest for me to feel. I am not gonna to pretend everything is so good about Audist attitude people. MIND YOU!

Sweetmind, if you do not like audist people, how comes you are writing so good for the hearing world?

Without hearing world, there is no written language but ASL.....

After I quit HA and have been reading the books alot more than I used to that helps me to write my own improvements. Also I can understand ASL better than English itself alone from the start that I was struggled with for years and year because I do not even understand their rules. It s very hard to learn English structure because every day everybody dont write ENGLISH to be ordered anymore.. Second language and SLANG languages that I have seen so many times. Also I have edited so many times and sometimes I just heck with it after the first original post reply for a reason.

I dont have to have the audist attitude s thinking or feelings for us anymore. I have my rights what or how I feel about many things that I am legally deaf. Thats fact.

OH how interesting!!! Mookie. I did the best I could notice my mistakes and worked so hard on my writings for 8 years in DeafNotes that helps me to improve my English written and feel it freely to express without anyone stop me from what I strongly believe in myself.

Sighs! IQ EMOTIONAL Abuse can affect many deafies for not able to open up their own true thoughts and inner true souls. There are so many interfere their learning process because we are not allowed to say this or that because of their own opinion whlie it snt mine.. Scoffs!. After all those years audist attitude people who had been bashing me for having my improvement english written in DeafNotes.. So whats that supposed to be? I worked my butt off to make the difference if you mind. I did it myself.

Guess what I feel insulted by your bringing up about my English written because you refused to accept d/Deaf people can do while they have ASL in their lives. And my rights is to use my eyes and hands that I can learn better than depends on my ears if it s okay with you..

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Good afternoon, Sweetmind.

You are an assertive woman! You are right about how no one can tell you what to do. Nobody is telling you what to do when it comes to using ASL, writing English, criticizing audists-- the list goes on. You, after all, are your own person with your own mind. Right? Don't let all the hurtful comments get to you. They'll only dig deeper in your wounds.

Hi me_punctured Good evening! Ms or Mr Or Miss me_punctured. (devilish grins)

Many thanks! I appreciate this so much. ;) Yes you are a damn right.

The only thing is that I can explain about (ed) It s somewhat confusion for me in the past until I found out from a Deaf person with a very good English written.. For an simple example that i can explain:

I am interest(ed) that means THAT s me who is very interested into something .. I watch(ed) so it also means I have already watched that movie before so it tells me the difference between the past verb tense and noun that goes with past verb tense that I didnt understand from the start. I am still learning all the way without depends on the sound or listening the devices. So therefore it proves that I am not fricking lazy because I am legally deaf. Shrugs!!! Also I have a learning disability and delexia in numbers that I never knew I had it for years and years.. Now I can understand what s the problem I have now..

I am not functionally hearing with HA so it makes sense that doesnt help me to hear or read their different kind of lip movement 100 percent and too much gutter language that relates to artitifical languages everything they said in the classrooms.. Oh boy I hate that old headphone that I was forced to wear when I was a kid.. It s annoyance and painful to listen with. JEEZ!!!

The problem is that the sound makes me feel like shaky my eyes or wire up my brain that doesnt get thru .. I just being left out like a block thinking and cannot learn with oral method itself only. Can you believe I went through all those years inside and outside of the school. They just pushed me into it too much on oral method itself that is not gonna to help me in a big time.. I would say it helps in my survival life with hearing people that I have no choice to make.. Most of time I write down on paper to avoid the misunderstanding or cause the trouble between me and them in the conversation. It s slow us down and doesnt make a person like a reader who will motivated to have a great communication with me because they dont want to bother to write down. So what can I do about it? Its nt my fault to have the barrier of communication as well.. It s not all about me as a failure legally deaf person with ASL. ;)

I am interest(ed) that means THAT is me who is very interested into something .. I watch(ed) so it also means I have already watched that movie before so it tells me the difference between the past verb tense and noun that goes with past verb tense that I didnt understand from the start. I am still learning all the way without depends on the sound or listening the devices. So therefore it proves that I am not fricking lazy because I am legally deaf. Shrugs!!! I just did the best I can do what I can. ;)

Smile!

Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
Guess what I feel insulted by your bringing up about my English written because you refused to accept d/Deaf people can do while they have ASL in their lives. And my rights to use my eyes and hands that I can learn better than depends on my ears if it s okay with you..

WTF am I thinking after reading your comments? I wonder why I kept reading your personal philosophy and your own knowledge for this thread. Of course, this thread is about ADA and service animal. However, you kept constantly creating many different points.

Sweetmind, people with disabilities have right to bring their own service animal anywhere they wish. Without ADA, any business forbids any blind individual with their well trained dog. What about the rights of deaf individual with other disabilities? They do rely on their services from the animals in order to assist their aware. What if there is no digital technology for this century. I bet you would require for the trained dog or probably a miniature pot-belly pig which has higher intelligent than any dog.

Never know if you may need one as a highly intelligent companion in future. Naturally, it is much better than hearing aids. Moreover, it would be your best friend

You are jumping the conclusion too swiftly that you easily misunderstood my earlier comment. I am profoundly deaf and fluent in ASL. What makes you think that I advocate the hearing world? Of course, I have my responsibility to educate the hearies at work about my deaf social and sensitive culture

If there is no ADA for this century, you and I would not be met for this Deaf forum. That is correct, and it is a long highway to fight for the deaf rights.

I am not insulting about your written language. Please keep your improvement written. Maybe you will be ready to have PhD degree in another decade....

Mookie
I am not insulting about your written language. Please keep your improvement written. Maybe you will be ready to have PhD degree in another decade....

Please forgive me for having my reaction about it.. I didnt say you did insulting me but I feel offend someone who brings up about my english written after all they dont have any respect for my hardwork effort to make the difference for myself in late age in the past few years or have their thumb down on deafies s writing that s when deafies s attitude says 'Wont learn no more" or "Heck with people s rudeness". it s really hurt deafies feelings badly.. It s not deafies fault.. Thats why I dont treat them like what others did.. Sighs!

Since I was using too many artitifical languages that they kept changing it too much at that time when I was a young kid. Thats when and where I got lost from there. Thats why I feel it should be ASL / Signed English as well as it s BiBi in the classroom or at home. That is a very equal opportunity for both sides.

I have to say this I will never get PHD degree. It s hard struggle for me with my learning disability .. They expected me to pay the document to have the evidence that I have the learning disability in todays. I decided hell with them because they should been paying for it after they found out the pre evualation test that I do have it in few years ago when I was in college at that time. I spent a lot of hours and hours to study that burned me out. It s not easy for me to deal with.. ;)

Smile! ;)
Sweetmind

PS: it takes a lot of practice to learn how to read and write, however I prefer on the computer so it s much easier to edit than writing /edit on the paper. Thats where I found my own comfort writing fon the keyboard with a big monitor like 20 inches so I can see and read it better. :)

Last edited:
Mookie said:
Sweetmind, if you do not like audist people, how comes you are writing so good for the hearing world?

Without hearing world, there is no written language but ASL.....

Don't start that discussion with her. I once noted that her spelling improved so well over a few posts that I congratulated her with finding help.
Turned out this was absolutely untrue (So I was mistaken) and resulted in me getting banned from the message board. (HILTER was also involved, but that's another great story!)

So be carefull where you go.
Sweetminds spelling and typing very much depend on her mood!

Liebling:-))) said:
Huh? Her death has nothing do with deafness. There're many hearing who are also killed by traffic accident etc.., too.
She didn't hear the train or its whistle. Hearing people can hear the train coming, so they have a chance to escape. She didn't hear the train, so she didn't have a chance to get out of the way.

Reba said:
She didn't hear the train or its whistle. Hearing people can hear the train coming, so they have a chance to escape. She didn't hear the train, so she didn't have a chance to get out of the way.

What's wrong with eyes? She can read "warning signal" and wait then ....

Here in Germany no! German is stricter about traffic law.

We show our respect on traffic red signal and wait until green signal then walk cross... We will pay penalty fine if police caught us ignore red signal.

As what you said that hearing people disrespect red signal and just hear the train coming then escape... This is disrespectful and senseless... Children learn their bad examples which it's no good.

What warning signal? The train approached her from behind. She wasn't crossing the tracks, she was walking next to the tracks, parallel with them.

Well, it is against the law to walk on or near train tracks here, too, but people ignore the laws.

We show our respect on traffic red signal and wait until green signal then walk cross... We will pay penalty fine if police caught us ignore red signal.

As what you said that hearing people disrespect red signal and just hear the train coming then escape... This is disrespectful and senseless... Children learn their bad examples which it's no good.

Liebling, have you ever seen the America rails?
rails.jpg
This is how deaf lady walked by the rail...
We the taxpayers do not need to pay safety light signals every 1/2 mile. I am sure that your German state is smaller and limited trains than U.S. has...

Mookie said:
Liebling, have you ever seen the America rails?
rails.jpg
This is how deaf lady walked by the rail...
We the taxpayers do not need to pay safety light signals every 1/2 mile. I am sure that your German state is smaller and limited trains than U.S. has...

Yes we have similar rail in countryside here in Germany. We don't have safety light signals every 1/2 mile but we people have our eyes... We know we should not cross the rail... The people who choose to walk on the rail is careless...

I just found out from Alex's thread that deaf lady is busy with pager while she is on rail. She should watch left and right before cross the rail instead of consider to pager.

Sweetmind said:
It will be too much distraction for deafies in the classroom while dog doesn't sit still like a statue.

pek1 said:
Snickers lays very still. We've been in restaurants where people, when they see Snickers come out from under the table, remark they didn't know there was a dog in the business.

Sweetmind said:
You can get the prescription for a companion dog from the Doctor who is willing to do it for you.

pek1 said:
No, the doctor has nothing to do with any of it. If a dog comes from a program school, yes. Otherwise, no. I have documentation with my audiologist that I do, indeed, have a hearing loss, but I do NOT have that paperwork with me, nor is it required under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. I do not have any paperwork that says Snickers is my hearing dog. If a business has a problem with that, then the police are called and they are in violation of Federal law.

Sweetmind, you sound like your life is run by hearies . . . is it? :gossip: If you're deaf/hoh, act like it and stand up for yourself and not let a hearie tell you what to do. :smash: Works for me!

Thanks! Pek ;)

Sweetmind[/QUOTE]

pek1 said:
You are welcome!

Hey sweetmind, you're strongly beliefts d/Deaf..

I can understand but you have to respect other disbibities who cannot walk or other kind reasons their health.. need have hearing dog..

Will you mind please back off.. you cannot rights critizite to them about hearing dog and attend anywhere places includes school.

None of your frigg'n mind business..
Can you mind please zip yer mouth shut.

Back