More Mods

Liebling:-))) said:
mld4ds, watch out what you are saying here. We will begin to think you are 2nd Ravensteve.

Members, INGORE him.........

Me? naw....

hey vampy, thanks for responding to this thread. it is important to get feedback from someone who knows firsthand! i agree with you wholeheartedly that people should be chosen based on their qualifications and abilities.

Vampy... Alrightly

So what do you expecting asking members who willing part of mod ?

Doesn't matter how people have illegentant (sp)... Don't try be inslut their illegentant(sp).. what their have skills and albitiy.... which it's very important for everyones are equal racial. I don't care what they thinks....

Let it be...

Shall start application interest to become mod..... What do you expect'n question and ask them... ??? Least best directly to pm'ed w/ALEX or you wha..ever ok
Thank you very much for your time.

C.C.Sinned said:
I can think of 2 women that would make awesome moderators. :thumb:
PMs sent :smoking:

Our new female moderators. :)

Miss Tough Lady Moderator

13168990.jpg

Mrs Wonderwoman

wwco62-2.jpg

VamPyroX said:
If you want to recommend another female moderator, feel free to PM us. It doesn't mean that she will get the job. But, it doesn't hurt to try. :thumb:

Done sendin' PM for female moderators. :)

My feelings about the whole moderator issue:

There should be a criteria that a moderator should undergo through and a sort of code of ethnics thing that a moderator would have to stick with.

As far as I remember, I do not know of any "job description" outlining the duties of a moderator posted anywhere on this forum. There is also no such list of criteria that a moderator has to satisify before being taken on. There is also no such code of ethics that moderators are to be expected to abide with. I think what we should do first is to do these before hiring any more new moderators. Moderator is not an easy duty to assume, and one must remain to be as objective to the utmost without taking sides. Many people do not realise this, and there will be some members coming to you trying to kiss up to you to be on their sides, and they will give you hell if you dont support their sides. Moderators and friends are two separate roles, and people forget that, especially one of the female members here being nominated for the position.

As a moderator for Alldeaf in the past, I had to endure homophobic discussions without prejudice to the homophobic members and to tell the other members off for insulting these homophobic members. It was very insightful for me, and I attempted to keep the discussion going without judgments and insults. Unfortunately, members failed to understand the validity of this member's thread and the insultings got out of hand and the thread had to be closed.

That is a fine example of remaining objective and not letting your own personal feelings get involved. I think it is the greatest task to overcome when one becomes a moderator. I think I have more or less alienated myself from everyone when I did that, because members failed to see the separation of the roles of a friend and of a moderator. It's really pathetic, I think.

Many people do not realise this, and there will be some members coming to you trying to kiss up to you to be on their sides, and they will give you hell if you dont support their sides. Moderators and friends are two separate roles, and people forget that, especially one of the female members here being nominated for the position.
I agree with you 100% that there should be a "job description" and "code of ethics" for moderators to adhere to. It is difficult for friends to be objective, but I think that is one of the problems we have been experiencing here in AD with mods lately anyway. I personally am not the "kissing up" type, just not my style. And, a true friend would NEVER "give you hell if you dont support their sides", because a true friend would respect your difference in opinion in the first place.

I do agree w/Kuifje's post..

I'm not here for any favourisitm.. Important for this doing job as best as can and also good role repluation for this site alldeaf.com. Be Always follow up the code of ethics as condiser job description or volunteering part of this site.

Seprate issues if friend or not.. doesn't matter still part of do job following up. I do more than anything agree more...

By the way, Wishes you have great luck new future mod this site.

Eve said:
And, a true friend would NEVER "give you hell if you dont support their sides", because a true friend would respect your difference in opinion in the first place.

Agreed.

On another point, I did think AD needed a balance where moderators are concerned - different personalities. Eve, if you become a moderator here and knowing your inclinations, you would compliment RR well. *playing bad cop, good cop to get results done at AD and all that* LOL

kuifje75 said:
My feelings about the whole moderator issue:

There should be a criteria that a moderator should undergo through and a sort of code of ethnics thing that a moderator would have to stick with.

As far as I remember, I do not know of any "job description" outlining the duties of a moderator posted anywhere on this forum. There is also no such list of criteria that a moderator has to satisify before being taken on. There is also no such code of ethics that moderators are to be expected to abide with. I think what we should do first is to do these before hiring any more new moderators. Moderator is not an easy duty to assume, and one must remain to be as objective to the utmost without taking sides. Many people do not realise this, and there will be some members coming to you trying to kiss up to you to be on their sides, and they will give you hell if you dont support their sides. Moderators and friends are two separate roles, and people forget that, especially one of the female members here being nominated for the position.

As a moderator for Alldeaf in the past, I had to endure homophobic discussions without prejudice to the homophobic members and to tell the other members off for insulting these homophobic members. It was very insightful for me, and I attempted to keep the discussion going without judgments and insults. Unfortunately, members failed to understand the validity of this member's thread and the insultings got out of hand and the thread had to be closed.

That is a fine example of remaining objective and not letting your own personal feelings get involved. I think it is the greatest task to overcome when one becomes a moderator. I think I have more or less alienated myself from everyone when I did that, because members failed to see the separation of the roles of a friend and of a moderator. It's really pathetic, I think.

Generally speaking, I tend to agree with most of what is said here, but I disagree with the code of ethics idea. I think a person CAN show impartiality and should, but if they can't, they need to go, and a new mod needs to be appointed.

I'm really in favor of a delegation approach as well. When problems arise on a forum, it's always good to have back up incase there is a need to discuss any situation that might come up. This can only serve to keep everybody honest.

I'd rather LET Alex choose the moderators for HIS OWN forum, without any pressure from ANY AD member.

He's the one who's paying for the forum, he's the one who's the boss, he's the one who has to get along with the moderators...so it's HIS choice, and we do not have the right to pressure him.

DreamDeaf said:
I'd rather LET Alex choose the moderators for HIS OWN forum, without any pressure from ANY AD member.

He's the one who's paying for the forum, he's the one who's the boss, he's the one who has to get along with the moderators...so it's HIS choice, and we do not have the right to pressure him.

I agree with DreamDeaf!!!!

As I said in the other thread, "Ultimately it is Alex's choice. This is HIS forum. But, we are welcome to share our input, that's why this forum exists "Forum Feedback and Suggestions"." But, Vampy also said "If you want to recommend another female moderator, feel free to PM us. It doesn't mean that she will get the job. But, it doesn't hurt to try." And, I don't think Alex is opposed to feedback.

That's not the impression I have been getting... I have been getting IMs and PMs about the tactics being employed ... apparently there are some people (and I will not name those in respect) that have been PM'ing AD members, telling them to PM Alex and suggest their names as moderators... and if that's not undue pressure, then what is it?

Ive already sent a PM to Alex protesting this and letting him know that it's his decision to choose moderators, all I want are fair, impartial and uninvolved moderators and that I feel that RoadRunner and Vamproxy have been doing a good job all this time, since they have been the only ones doing the job.

I agree we need more moderators, but I'd rather Alex take his time, look over his prospective choices, ask them questions, evaluate their answers, and then choose the best person(s) for the job.

Period.

LOL it is each individual member's decision whether or not they want to make any suggestions and who they would recommend if they do. Alex is a smart enough man to make his own decision on the matter and if you don't have enough confidence in that, then you don't have enough respect for him.

Eve said:
LOL it is each individual member's decision whether or not they want to make any suggestions and who they would recommend if they do. Alex is a smart enough man to make his own decision on the matter and if you don't have enough confidence in that, then you don't have enough respect for him.

I agree that it is up to each individual member's decision on whether or not they want to make a suggestion or recommendation, and that Alex is a smart cookie - however, it does seem to me that you are not quite respecting or have enough confidence in him... I have every confidence that he will make the right decision, and I do respect him more than you think.

I would suggest that you let this thread go. It is not serving an useful purpose anymore, and has become badgering.

hmmm the only "badgering" i see at this point is coming from YOUR direction.

We were told we could offer suggestions and that is all I have aspired to do. Please feel free to make recommendations of your own.

Alex is a very busy guy and he certainly doesn't have time to be perusing the forum and reading every comment. It does help for him to have input from his members in a constructive means, and it is also important for him to have the input from all perspectives. That means, not just mine, and not just yours.

Back