Mom Delivers 16th Child and Thinking of More!!

Reba said:
Do I hear a tone of judgement?

I see nothing wrong when she offered her opinion to share here with us. Depend on different reasons why anyone judge to.

As your niece probably informed you, she had to go overseas to adopt because there are actually not enough adoptable children in the U.S. Also, she probably informed you that adoption is very expensive, full of red tape and frustration, and lengthy. I fully support and encourage adoption. However, it is not the right solution for everyone.

Yes, I´m agree with Jazzy that there´re a lot of ophan childrens who need new homes. What´s wrong to adopt them then? A lot of film stars adopt the ophan children whom they already have their own children. They said that they like to support orphan children. I´m for it & they are good heart people.

Families have always done that for centuries. It teaches responsibility and skills. Even small families do that; it is no big deal unless the parents give ALL the responsibility to the kids.

I´m disagree to push children to responsibly. It´s PARENT who choose to have a lot of babies, not children. If the parents want to have more babies then ORDER Nanny and Maid to clean the house for them. I beleive it´s parents who are responsible for their own children and teach them into good path, etc. etc. Of course the parents expect that their children helps with chore or help young siblings but with LIMIT.

Sure, the children have some responsible but the parents should not expect too much from their children to do household & take care of their siblings... It´s too much burden on them.

Parents should be limit with their children for helping the chore etc, not turn their children into servants. The parents should not force if older children don´t want to help.

I know a couple who have 16 kids from NYC. I meet them all. Boy it was fun but I cant imaged. The house is so small but they managed to get by and love each other. Every xmas each kids buy 5 gifts for the siblings for each year. Meaning 5 sibling in each group out of 15 kids plus 1 who buy gifts. I thought what a great idea that help save money instead buying all those 15 kids. One of my friend is a 11th child and she was born deaf. There was no twin at all. Nice and loving family. They are all grown up and move out and having their own life and doing well.

Liebling:-))) said:
... They told me that she makes her kids do everything while she sits on the couch and eats candies or read the magazine & also even not cook or clean, too.
That is not the same program that I saw. I never saw her sitting around reading magazines and eating candies.

There´re plenty of job application for want to be Nanny/maids. Why can´t they engage them to help their family to leave thier children alone?
Why should they waste money on nannies if everyone in the family is happy and satisfied with the way they live?

Sure, there´re some parents who have 5 to 7 kids around which it´s normal but from 8 to 30 kids is too much.
Who has the right to judge what is the "normal" number of children for anyone's family?

All what I do is respect parents´s choice for want to have 17 or more children but I´m disagree that the parents expect their children to being maid/caretaker/Nanny for them which it´s too much burden on the children.
You say that you "respect" the parents but you judge and criticize them. That doesn't seem like "respect".

Maybe their kids don't feel like it is a "burden".

Well, I´m sure that you know there are no birth control pills until around 1960. No wonder that most parents have a lot of kids before control birth pill first produced in 1960.
This might be a news flash to you, but there was birth control available before 1960; it just wasn't in a pill. Without going into detail, my parents were married in 1946. My dad graduated college in 1950. Nine months later, I was born in 1951, and my brother was born in 1953. We were "planned" babies. No plans are perfect but there are other options (and I don't include abortion).

Most of people told me that they have NO control birth pill to protect to have more babies... Of course I questioned them about condom. They answered that it´s hard to buy condom and also expensive.
Depends on priorities. If people can afford cigarettes, booze, movies, trips, cell phones, big-screen TVs, candy, and soda, they can afford condoms or a calendar and a pencil. What is more expensive? A baby or condoms?

The pill is not the perfect solution. I was taking a daily pill when I became pregnant.

Of course, all this is moot in relation to families who WANT more children. If they can afford them, then God bless them.

Well, it´s impossible to have prefect family as what we saw on TV What´s about EVERYDAY? Nobody knows what they doing everyday. ..
I didn't say they were perfect. Families with two children aren't perfect every day either.

Not all... some of friends I know well who have a lot of siblings. They grew up in a large family. They told me a lot about cons/pros. Of course they have problem with them because their parents expect too much from them. They feel sometimes that they are for their parents is cheap labor. No wonder that all of their siblings escaped and getting married then produced 2 to 4 children.
Each family situation is different. The number of children is not what determines a "good" or "bad" family.

It makes no difference. Every mother feeling, it´s natural for every mothers talk out proud about thier children sometimes to interviewer.

I guess you are not familiar with TV interviews and program editing. We don't know if the mom talked more about her kids or not. Programs like that usually have many hours of raw footage shot. It then gets edited down to less than an hour of finished program. You only see what the editor shows you. The interviewer and producer present just the parts they think are interesting. The family has no decision in the final process.

Yes, they are close family but they has to learn to separate from their family to start a new family life...
I'm sure they will when they are old enough. They are certainly learning how to be self-sufficient now.

Well, birth control was start around 1960. How do Bible knows about birth control? :confused: They produced a lot of babies because bible say so.
Like I said before, I am not going to give biology lessons here. "Birth control" did not begin with the 1960's; it just became easier.

People from different cultures all over the world have large families (since ancient times and present); not because the Bible says so.

No nobody here judge birth control because they knows it´s safety to have it to protect from more babies etc.
You are missing my point. It seems that posters at AD feel free to judge Christian lifestyles, but Christians are never allowed to judge anyone else's lifestyle. It just seems hypocritical. I guess it depends on who is doing the judging.

Last edited:
Reba said:
Maybe you could worry about all the deadbeat dads in the country.

How does your friend pay for the food?

Or deadbeat moms...

Um, no idea what he does, as he was, at one time, part owner of a trucking company that was quite small. Last I heard he quit, no idea what he's doing now. His wife is or was a flight attendant for Northwest Airlines. Hopefully, they've got some sort of nest egg.

Reba said:
It seems that posters at AD feel free to judge Christian lifestyles, but Christians are never allowed to judge anyone else's lifestyle. It just seems hypocritical. I guess it depends on who is doing the judging.

Reba,

Forgive the intrusion...I retired from the ministry in 2000 after 18 years being in it as a lay person. My nerves are shot due to my dealings with Christian people, which, by the way, haven't done much in accepting deaf or hoh people...have they? They have treated the deaf and hoh quite lackadaisical. I used to cut a lot of slack to Christian people and got walked on and treated with such blatent disrespect...the ire of them! So, you gotta give the deaf slack...it doesn't excuse them from not going to church, mind you, because you know the Bible says that "...all are without excuse."

Reba said:
That is not the same program that I saw. I never saw her sitting around reading magazines and eating candies.

Look at BabyAngel's post what she saw on TV over reading magazines but my friends also saw it, too. She eat bons (candies). My friends have no reason to make up because they saw it themselves. Perhaps you watch other program? :dunno:

Why should they waste money on nannies if everyone in the family is happy and satisfied with the way they live?

Logical they expect their children to serve as cheap labor for them.

How do you know the family is happy & satisfied? Where's the children's side of story? I have children's side is my friends who have experience to live with big family.

Who has the right to judge what is the "normal" number of children for anyone's family?

It's not bad judgement but form of opinion. ;) I'm straightforward person who tell what I think. There're types of judgement what the people made... I see nothing wrong that I give my honest opinion what I think... I don't beleive to be flattery to anyone or medias. It's ME. I haven't against anyone here but medias, etc. If I saw ADer's thread what I don't like then leave it instead of flattery to them but with medias is a different story...

Example:

This is a severe bad judgement the people made to ADer over abortion issue. Something like that: "You go to hell" "You are murder" "Kill innoncent baby" etc. etc....

General judgement is a form of honest opinion what/why I'm agree to disagree with. (debate threads with agree to disagree without insult/bashing)

Good judgement is a form of good opinion is advise the people how to deal with others...(feedback/venting/ranting threads)

What I made here is general judgement. ;)

You say that you "respect" the parents but you judge and criticize them. That doesn't seem like "respect".

Don't twist it. I said:

Liebling:)))
All what I do is respect parents´s choice for want to have 17 or more children but I´m disagree that the parents expect their children to being maid/caretaker/Nanny for them which it´s too much burden on the children.

Maybe their kids don't feel like it is a "burden".

Really? Interesting :eek: I would listen children's side... Parents doesn't bother to consider children's feeling but expect too much from them.

Last edited:
Reba said:
Depends on priorities. If people can afford cigarettes, booze, movies, trips, cell phones, big-screen TVs, candy, and soda, they can afford condoms or a calendar and a pencil. What is more expensive? A baby or condoms?

Interesting, I didn't know that they have everything what you mentioned during before/after WWI & WWII. Do you really mean before/after WWI & WWII? :confused: I only know that things goes improve between 1955 and 1960.

Of course, all this is moot in relation to families who WANT more children. If they can afford them, then God bless them.

But you said in your previous post.
Reba:
Why should they waste money on nannies

What do you mean: "If they can afford them, then God bless them" or "Why should they waste money on nannies"?

Simple is: If they don't want to waste their money on nannies then quit to have more babies.

If they afford to have more babies then order nannies/maids to leave children alone. It's them who are responsible, not children.

Reba said:
I guess you are not familiar with TV interviews and program editing. We don't know if the mom talked more about her kids or not. Programs like that usually have many hours of raw footage shot. It then gets edited down to less than an hour of finished program. You only see what the editor shows you. The interviewer and producer present just the parts they think are interesting. The family has no decision in the final process.

Interesting... It's not just TV interviews or program editing but their website/homepage, they created about their family. I feel that they talked about themselves, not consider their children's feeling. No wonder that it's too much for them to consider their children's feeling because it's toooooo mannny... All what they expect from them is work/help them. They choose anything for them.... I feel after read their websites/homepage that it's not normal for the children to be treat like this.

It's form of opinion what I said this thread BECAUSE I FEEL for children.

Reba said:
You are missing my point. It seems that posters at AD feel free to judge Christian lifestyles, but Christians are never allowed to judge anyone else's lifestyle. It just seems hypocritical. I guess it depends on who is doing the judging.

Well, we withnessed in other threads "Abortion" that few Christians ADer judge ADer for the ground of miscarriage/abortion... It's very painful of ADer to receive the bad judgement from few Christians in several threads etc which it's not right.

I see no problem when anyone judge or not judge on any medias etc but not judge to ADer directly. Remember that there're different form of judgement what they make.

It's no problem for anyone to respect to every kind of beliefs but with judge to hurt ADer's feeling which it's not right.

Reba:

I want to edit to add something but it's too late...

Here I would like to add...

What I mean is "not normal" for the parents who have alot of babies from 8 to because they are belief....or what the bible says..... or they have no money to achieve their children's lifestyle. The children doesn't deserve to have kind of life like this because their parents have no money... They should quit to have more babies if they have NO money or don't like to waste their money on nannies etc.

Look at the example of Rose & Joe Kennedy & Edith & Bobby Kennedy. They order nannies, maids/bulter around when they WANT to have alot of children. I read their children's story... sad story.... I have kennedy book... sad... Rose & Joe are very strict parents which opposite to Edith & Bobby. I have some of Kennedy's life story. No wonder most of their children married and have few children...

Reba and Banjo

Look you have no idea that we have so many people in the country. Jesus never thought of overpopulation in the future. He did not create a bible book. Why? It was so rare for people who had papers in these days especially they do not know how to write. Also very rare they had a few printing machines. It would be interesting for us to know if Jesus ever had one child?

It is so stupid that you think that it is okay to have multi-children. You need to wake up and be aware of what is happening in our country. It is so wrong that they produce more unnecessary babies. I do not care if they have a lot of money or they are on a welfare. The point that we need to control the population. If you are born in Christian, that's the obvious that you are very creedy and no repect us at all. I always respect all reglious but not fair having more children that create our problems. Please use your wise and to be fair for all of us. I want everyone to be happy. Please don't hurt our feelings. Of course, I want you to have a good family and nice children in a normal life. Please don't talk about a bible. This is out of date issue. Definitely, you are brainwashed by your bibles. I am sorry that's the way it is. I don't want to insult you. Please try to understand us. I just want you to be the best and happy family. Thank you for sharing our information.

It's shame to see that Duggar's kids doesn't have a real life outside of their homes. No real friends from other place or anything. They probably will not change their lifestyles to what other people are wearing, having boyfriends, going to movies with friends, etc... They only spend time with baby brothers and sisters..

My mom explained to me about my Great grandparents has 12 or 14 kids ( I can t remember and i will check out a picture of my Great grandparents kids )
My mom told me that My great grandmother grew up in oraphans .... My Great grandmother s parents gave her away and put in oraphans home.... She never met her real parents and brothers and sisters .... so My farmer great grandfather has 200-300 aceras, hard working in farmer... my great grandmother has 12 or 14 kids because she felt better when she raised her beautiful kids.... but my great grandfather beat my great grandmother up real bad and she has no safe sex like a condoms or anythings pills .... she has lots of patience to raised her 12 or 14 kids.... I asked my mom if she is cathertic church... my mom said "NO"... and MY mom explained to me that my great grandfather forced his 10 sons worked farmer with him for a long times...MY mom said "MY great grandfather is very very meanier and real stricts " so i felt so bad for my great grandmother because she dont have any real parents or brothers and sister and she dont know where she born ???? she dont have any birth/adopts certicatie at all and I was big suprised that she has none of birth certicaite or adopted certicatie
so my real grandfather told me about his parents ( great grandparents) has poor lifes and real metal/vebral abused.... They already pass away when i was born in 1966... so i have a fews pictures of my Great grandparents and their farmers too... but i dont know how i put a pictures this ? I am not pro computer hee hee

I am curious about where so many posters are getting the impression that the Duggar children feel unhappy, poor, deprived, overworked, etc. Did the children say that? Did they look depressed or tired? Who told you that they were living a terrible life without opportunities? Do you have some special knowledge that the rest of us missed?

webexplorer said:
Reba and Banjo

Look you have no idea that we have so many people in the country. Jesus never thought of overpopulation in the future. He did not create a bible book. Why? It was so rare for people who had papers in these days especially they do not know how to write. Also very rare they had a few printing machines. It would be interesting for us to know if Jesus ever had one child?

I think the immigrants are more of a problem compared to the children. Look at how many are entering the land of the USA legally and illegally. You'll see that in the last few decades, the population rose to such a high level because of that. If you really think that Americans are having too many kids, then why are many of them having only up to 2? Care to explain that? That's not multiplying, in fact it shrinks the population or keep it steady.

Again, it's the immigrants that is filling up the country. Americans are having WAY less children than they used to.

It is so stupid that you think that it is okay to have multi-children.

I don't think it's stupid. It's only stupid if you don't want more children yet you keep making more.

You need to wake up and be aware of what is happening in our country. It is so wrong that they produce more unnecessary babies.

That's their business, not yours.

[/QUOTE] I do not care if they have a lot of money or they are on a welfare. The point that we need to control the population. If you are born in Christian, that's the obvious that you are very creedy and no repect us at all. I always respect all reglious but not fair having more children that create our problems.[/QUOTE]

You respect all religions yet you call Christians greedy and lack in respecting others?

How ironic.

Please use your wise and to be fair for all of us.

Please practice what you preach before preaching it to us.

I want everyone to be happy. Please don't hurt our feelings. Of course, I want you to have a good family and nice children in a normal life.

Yet you want the father's balls cut off. Geez, you're really showing that you want people to be happy.

Please don't talk about a bible. This is out of date issue.

Out of date? To some people, the bible is their guide in faith and life. Please don't talk about alternative medicine then because it's not considered real medicine by the medical doctors.

Yeah, double standards.

Definitely, you are brainwashed by your bibles. I am sorry that's the way it is. I don't want to insult you. Please try to understand us. I just want you to be the best and happy family. Thank you for sharing our information.

I don't read the bible. Though I do believe people are entitled to their beliefs and if their faith depend on the bible, let them. If not, then you're not respecting all the religions as you claimed to.

Hypocrisy bites.

Back