Mom Delivers 16th Child and Thinking of More!!

jazzy said:
IHMO I feel this parents are selfish for want more kids while too many children around the world need to be adopted. If they love children and want more children why not adopt them? My neice and her husband adopted two sisters from Russia early this year because they were orphaned.
Do I hear a tone of judgement?

As your niece probably informed you, she had to go overseas to adopt because there are actually not enough adoptable children in the U.S. Also, she probably informed you that adoption is very expensive, full of red tape and frustration, and lengthy. I fully support and encourage adoption. However, it is not the right solution for everyone.

We the people almost reach 7 billion and not enough food and water for everyone. Not enough oil, lumbers, and many supplies to keep up the demand of this world. Trash is almost full everywhere, where to put them? We have too many problems now and have not solve the problems yet and keep more bring babies into this world because they want it more.
That kind of reminds me when I was a kid, and mom would tell me not to waste food because children were starving in China. It doesn't make sense. If I ate all my food on my plate, how would that help a hungry kid in China? If I can't finish all my food on my plate, should I mail it to China?

So, if an American family has lots of kids, some kids in another country won't have enough food or water? No. Kids in Somalia are starving because rebel armies steal their food and kill their parents. Kids in N. Korea are starving because the soldiers get all the food and medicine before the civilians get any. Kids in Cuba get sick because Castro dilutes their powdered milk and withholds their vaccines. India is overpopulated because Indian families have too many kids, not because Americans have too many kids.

Plus I feel for their older sibilings because they have to help their parents with the little ones.
Families have always done that for centuries. It teaches responsibility and skills. Even small families do that; it is no big deal unless the parents give ALL the responsibility to the kids.

Peachy Lady said:
...As for me, I have five children, but since I'm unable to bear more children, I can't have more. Suppose...if I CAN, I probably would have around eight to ten children. I just love them so much and taking care of them.
I agree. I wish that I could have more children. Even when I was a kid, some of my favorite stories were Cheaper by the Dozen, Little Women, The Bobbsey Twins and Boxcar Children series, and any others about families with lots of children, including twins. I used to write lists of baby names, and draw pictures of kids lined up like steps, ha, ha.

Reba said:
That kind of reminds me when I was a kid, and mom would tell me not to waste food because children were starving in China. It doesn't make sense. If I ate all my food on my plate, how would that help a hungry kid in China? If I can't finish all my food on my plate, should I mail it to China?

I believe it's a way of telling a child to take nothing for granted. Not to make them feel guilty, but grateful that they get to live in great countries like Canada, the USA and United Kingdom. :)

Banjo said:
I believe it's a way of telling a child to take nothing for granted. Not to make them feel guilty, but grateful that they get to live in great countries like Canada, the USA and United Kingdom. :)
I am sure that you are right about that. It was just one of those child v. parent logic things. :)

Reba said:
I agree. I wish that I could have more children. Even when I was a kid, some of my favorite stories were Cheaper by the Dozen, Little Women, The Bobbsey Twins and Boxcar Children series, and any others about families with lots of children, including twins. I used to write lists of baby names, and draw pictures of kids lined up like steps, ha, ha.

Yeah smile...now there is new movie that was made I believe last year. Steve Martin was the father in the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen"...it was hilarious!!! Have you seen it?

Peachy Lady said:
Yeah smile...now there is new movie that was made I believe last year. Steve Martin was the father in the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen"...it was hilarious!!! Have you seen it?
No, I haven't seen the new version yet. It takes me about 15 years to catch up with movies, ha, ha.

I recalled that movie, and it was really a good one. It's a funny movie. I am wondering about Steve nowaday.

(AP) LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well.

He said Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family of 18 next May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; and Jackson Levi, 1.

BabyAngel said:
I have seen their show like a couple of months ago I can't even remember when. When I saw their new house that they were building...I was like :eek: because the house is too width!!! I have seen their children to clean around the house while their mother sitting on the couch and read a book..I think that is what she did, can't remember because it have been a long time to see that show.

Anyway, If you are asking me if I would like to have 16 children....no thanks, I can't handle the whole children...of course I love children, I rather to have 2 to 3 thats it!

Yeah some of my friends told me an exactly what you said here yesterday. They saw them on the TV. I was like :eek: when they described me what they saw on TV. Sh*t, I miss to watch on TV about them... They told me that she makes her kids do everything while she sits on the couch and eats candies or read the magazine & also even not cook or clean, too.

There´re plenty of job application for want to be Nanny/maids. Why can´t they engage them to help their family to leave thier children alone?

Sure, there´re some parents who have 5 to 7 kids around which it´s normal but from 8 to 30 kids is too much.

All what I do is respect parents´s choice for want to have 17 or more children but I´m disagree that the parents expect their children to being maid/caretaker/Nanny for them which it´s too much burden on the children.

Banjo said:
Why more? Some people just love having children. I guess you find that too hard to believe but it's true.

Most parents today have 2 or less kids. There aren't a lot of families with more than 4 children today in comparison to 20 years ago. Heck, in the early to mid 20th century, it was pretty normal for families to have around 6 to 10 kids.

Give me a break, we aren't the baby boomers. Our parents/grandparents are. I'm not going to worry about families like this especially when they aren't cold-hearted like some of you folks here.

Well, I´m sure that you know there are no birth control pills until around 1960. No wonder that most parents have a lot of kids before control birth pill first produced in 1960.

Most of people told me that they have NO control birth pill to protect to have more babies... Of course I questioned them about condom. They answered that it´s hard to buy condom and also expensive. Of course some of them bought it and save it after finish use then re-using... They said that it´s great for the people to have control birth to protect to have more babies or until feel ready to start family.....

Reba said:
Large families aren't for everyone but if that is what they want, and they can support them, then it's not our business.

Correct

I saw the special on TV about the family. The family is happy, well-organized, well-fed, and popular in their community. They have a nice house on a large property.

Well, it´s impossible to have prefect family as what we saw on TV What´s about EVERYDAY? Nobody knows what they doing everyday. I really don´t care what they doing because it´s their business but I feel for their children.

I know several large families (not THAT large but 5-9 kids each), and they are doing fine. They are not rich but they are not on welfare either. I also know grown people who come from large families (9+ kids), and they are well-adjusted, hard-working, kind people.

Not all... some of friends I know well who have a lot of siblings. They grew up in a large family. They told me a lot about cons/pros. Of course they have problem with them because their parents expect too much from them. They feel sometimes that they are for their parents is cheap labor. No wonder that all of their siblings escaped and getting married then produced 2 to 4 children.

Reba said:
I saw their home on TV, and it seemed very clean, orderly, and comfortable. The kids were well-behaved but playful, with very individual personalities and skills.

Sure, you saw it on TV but nobody knows what they did everyday... ? :dunno:

I have seen some people's homes with only two kids that were noisy, confusing, messy, and wild. It is not the number of kids that makes a difference; it is the way they are raised.

You saw it real life and know some of people which it´s difference. I´m sure there´re some problem in Dungar family like everyone. I never believe there´re no problem or 100% prefect.

Reba said:
She was answering a specific question from the interviewer. The interviewer didn't ask the children. Mom did not say that she didn't know what the children want. That wasn't the question.

It makes no difference. Every mother feeling, it´s natural for every mothers talk out proud about thier children sometimes to interviewer.

And some don't. Some kids prefer the company of other kids.

It´s hard to beleive if some don´t want to have privacy because a lot of children I know want to have their privacy due puberty. If they want to have other kids´s company then do that in everywhere.
Yes, they are close family but they has to learn to separate from their family to start a new family life.

Peachy Lady said:
Everyone have different opinions and I do respect that. As for me, I have five children, but since I'm unable to bear more children, I can't have more. Suppose...if I CAN, I probably would have around eight to ten children. I just love them so much and taking care of them. I read the articles in the website of Duggar family with much interest. My brother has 7 children. I asked his children how many children do they want when they get married and most of them want many children. I asked about them wanting privacy in their bedrooms and they said they don't mind it most of time as they love company of their siblings and togetherness as family. If they want privacy, they can go outside, see friends, ask others for privacy in their bedroom for awhile. I have only one brother and no sister, but when I grew up, I've always wanted many children. I am happy with our five children and am not planning for more. The oldest is 22 and youngest is 5. Love them sooooo much and also love my sweet husband! mwah!!

Our children do help out with house chores. It helps alot and I do a part too. My husband mostly take care of yardwork, fixing things, building wood things, etc. He is very handyman and can fix or build lots of things. You should see his workshop...lots of tools, etc. He would help me clean if I ask him to, which is once in a while. I'm full time housewife and mom.

I love kids too but it is too expensive for us to raise kids. We cant even send my own kids to college cuz we cant afford it. I came from big family myself so I do know and see it had effected on my older sibilings when they took care of me esp my parents had to work to pay off debts.

Reba said:
Many people say it is awful if Christians judge couples who use birth control or abortion. Maybe it is equally awful if people judge Christian couples who don't use birth control or abortion.

It seems I remember a thread here at AD about judging people.

Well, birth control was start around 1960. How do Bible knows about birth control? :confused: They produced a lot of babies because bible say so.

No nobody here judge birth control because they knows it´s safety to have it to protect from more babies etc.

Stop to have babies then do vasectomy, tied down, birth control, etc. What´s wrong with that? I never beleive that the bible mention about birth control etc. but author.

I need to think about ME, not listen anyone or not do for anyone.

jazzy said:
I love kids too but it is too expensive for us to raise kids. We cant even send my own kids to college cuz we cant afford it. I came from big family myself so I do know and see it had effected on my older sibilings when they took care of me esp my parents had to work to pay off debts.

Yes, it´s an exactly what my friends said this what they know from their experience where they grew up in a large family. That´s why they produce their children between 2 and 4 kids. (only one of all siblings have 4 children). (they have 14, 13, 11 & 8 siblings - Some of them goes to school with my hubby).

Yes, the children should of COURSE help out with chores and stuff, but not to be primary caretaker of a siblings or work "maid"/"nanny". My friends feel sometimes that they are cheap labor to their parents. They knows from their experience that´s why they don´t want to burden their children all the time in everyday. Let them have freedom bit and of course help with chores but with LIMIT.
One of my friends told me that she never forget how her mother told everyone that she loves children, that´s why she like to have more children but she sees different because she didn´t receive much attention from her but her siblings. Her parents make her & her siblings work.

I also love kids, too but I knew the limit because I rather to spent my time to know my children & possible to give them alot of love & attention. It´s time for me to teach my children into good path & learn to help with chore but with LIMIT. My children´s happiness is most important to me.

Do I hear a tone of judgement? I learned from u and others here on AD.

As your niece probably informed you, she had to go overseas to adopt because there are actually not enough adoptable children in the U.S. Also, she probably informed you that adoption is very expensive, full of red tape and frustration, and lengthy. I fully support and encourage adoption. However, it is not the right solution for everyone.

Yeah I know about the costly. She used to work there that is how she found those kids. But we have alot kids here who need a good home. I knew one family adopted 11 kids from around here.

So, if an American family has lots of kids, some kids in another country won't have enough food or water? No. Kids in Somalia are starving because rebel armies steal their food and kill their parents. Kids in N. Korea are starving because the soldiers get all the food and medicine before the civilians get any. Kids in Cuba get sick because Castro dilutes their powdered milk and withholds their vaccines. India is overpopulated because Indian families have too many kids, not because Americans have too many kids.

We have many problems here in our own backyard.
U know we have many families here does not have water. They bathed in river and bought water bottle from store for cooking.

Plus we already are over populated here. Not enough houses for everyone. Lands become too expensive and sacred so what will happen when the land is filled up and no more room for our future kids. Not many jobs left out there nowdays.

Families have always done that for centuries. It teaches responsibility and skills. Even small families do that; it is no big deal unless the parents give ALL the responsibility to the kids I came from big family so I know how my siblings felt.

Back