Mom Delivers 16th Child and Thinking of More!!

Freewoman76 said:
i miss my daughters being newborn/baby :(
lucky for her, mom seen her own each newborn every year, and her next, grandchildren, she will last to see newborn more each year :thumb:
I know what you mean. They grow up too fast! I miss those snuggly babies and toddlers.

I know what you mean, Reba. But how can it be possible to serve 16 kids..diaper changing, bathing them, grooming their hairs until they're old enough to do it on their own, washing largest loads of wash, taking them to doctor for check-up. Washing dishes piled in the sink... :dizzy: :Ohno:

She's a lucky lady there. Glad she have them to help with the chores. I remembered one lady and her husband and 5 kids came over to my home. I don't know which one is telling the truth. She said her husband wants 12 kids, he said SHE wants 12 kids not his words. :eek: But turned out, she decided to stop having kids after her 6th child died stillbirth. :(

Banjo said:
Webexplorer and Pek1, it's quite dangerous to make such assumptions about where they get the money to support their family. Especially when you don't know the family at all. Not only that, it's also disgusting how you lacked in showing the respect toward them simply because they have a large family. {edited}

According to the website, the father sells real estate which can be quite a good source of income even for a large family like this. You're forgetting that it isn't THAT expensive to take care of a child, especially when they are this experienced. Nowdays, it's so expensive for a parent to take care of a child, but that's because they're being bought a bunch of toys, games, candies and more along with the necessarities such as clothes, food and a roof over their heads.

So they may cut corners when it come to goodies for their family, and they're also building a 7,000 sq foot worth of living space which has been in development for the last couple years. I doubt that being on welfare would had been able to help them build a house of this size.

They aren't blaming God, they are praising him instead. Big difference.

Are you aware how many hours a week a real estate agent works? No house sold that week, no paycheck...in other words, he's working for nothing until he sells a house. He also gets paid after the close of the sale, which is after all the paperwork is completed.

As for the 7,000 sq ft house, who, when all the kids are gone, would be able to afford to buy it from them when the parents want to downsize? To heat it and/or cool it, again, go back to what I said regarding his line of work. Nothing sold = no paycheck. Also, take into consideration what the realtor percentage is; if he's not a broker, he gets peanuts (the money left over). To make ends meet, he will need to be selling the $1 million-plus houses and to continue that for XXX amount of time. I think the guy is nuts and so is his wife. Now, suppose a child is born that is a "special needs" child. No, I'm not talking about a deaf or hoh child, but one that requires frequent hospitalization or special foods. A friend of my family's has a child that requires $1,000 per month or week, don't remember which, of special food. That food is only for the child. It adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banjo said:
Such a barbaric attitude.

Health problems? No respect?

You're the one who has no respect for families.

(chuckles)

Such fantasies you have. There's plenty of fishes in the ocean when it come to marriages. This "health problems" you're speaking of is OFTEN due to incestuous births. You're acting as if they are populating an entire town which they aren't. They are still a TINY, TINY, TINY percentage of the 300,000,000 folks living in the ol' USA. Like I said, plenty of fishes in the ocean.

Truthfully, this family isn't doing anything bad to us. In fact, it's US who are endangered because we don't populate as much as we used to. Now we are facing problems because the baby boomers are either retired or close to retiring. The baby boomers take up a LARGEEEEEEEEEEEE percentage of the USA and Canada. This family is doing us a favour if you think about it. The more kids they have, the more these kids will contribute to the social security once they start working. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are already working since some are of legal age now.

Such an assumption, he's in real estates... people don't get paid in peanuts when it come to selling properties. Not only to mention that real estate agents has the advantage of making their own schedules in comparison to many other occupations.

You're making an ass out of yourself by making all these one-sided assumptions with such a large display of disrespect toward the family for having more children than the average family does.

Why are you talking about fishes? Why you were talking about social security? I did not bring these up. It is all about out of control population in the next generation. It is true that the boomers will go down, but they just simply multiply the babies for the next generation.

Of course, I respect other families who have a few children. It does not bothers me. I am trying to say that if the boy become a father and never met a female woman from the same DNA family. They produce a baby that has a birth defect. i.e. a serious retard or a disfigured human. I read it in the newspaper a few times in the past. Those are not my words.

Here is example of what has happened in Hurricane Katrina. It were out of control. Why? It was overpopulation - it was not their fault or they did not on their purpose to grow their family. We cannot blame George Bush that he did not help enough to rescue them. It is just too many people. That's all. I think that it is a normal for a family to produce approximately 5 children. Use your common sense, 16 children is very difficult job to do all the work. The parents have to make money to make them to be accomplished, but it is not fun at all. The common sense is to less stress by having a few children. A lot of people agreed that it is not normal family.

Your choice is to breed your babies which fine with me. Does your girlfriend agrees with you? Will your children be happy to have a massive family? (i.e., maybe some children are lazy to find a job by collecting their welfare or have a drug problem.) You do not have to answer these questions - because I respect you ...and it is a personal.)

Guess what. I have my own 42 children. I am still alive, and I don't spend my time outside b/c I worked so hard caring them in the dark life. Gray hairs and very tired. I never drink and I pray. Force me to smile to my husband who convince me to f---me for his baby hobbies. Hell with them. I want to enjoy myself and go shopping and meet people and parties and laughing. Hiking the mountain, biking on a nice trial, swimming, canoeing, traveling, and much more activities. That's what life is all about.

I remember seeing a special on TLC about he Duggar family. I really see them as an inspiration. I love their life style and all of their family values. :thumb:

Whitewolf1970 said:
I know what you mean, Reba. But how can it be possible to serve 16 kids..diaper changing, bathing them, grooming their hairs until they're old enough to do it on their own, washing largest loads of wash, taking them to doctor for check-up. Washing dishes piled in the sink... :dizzy: :Ohno:
Don't forget that mom doesn't have 16 babies; several of the children are already teenagers. Each older child is responsible for a younger one. Mom doesn't do all the household chores; the children have responsibilities. The dishes don't pile up in the sink, and they don't let the laundry pile up; they take care of things right away.

Somehow, large families in past generations managed to take care of the kids and household without modern conveniences, so I think families today can do that.

pek1 said:
Are you aware how many hours a week a real estate agent works? No house sold that week, no paycheck...in other words, he's working for nothing until he sells a house. He also gets paid after the close of the sale, which is after all the paperwork is completed.
From what I saw on the TV program, the family seems to have their finances in order. For one thing, they don't go into debt. They don't spend more than they make, and I think they have a strong savings account. They live in a rural area and are very self-sufficient, and they buy in bulk. I believe their property is paid for (no mortgage expense).

As for the 7,000 sq ft house, who, when all the kids are gone, would be able to afford to buy it from them when the parents want to downsize?
Maybe they don't want to downsize; maybe they want to keep the homestead for family reunions. Maybe they want to leave the property to their children. Maybe they want to make it into a B&B after the kids leave. Who knows? I am sure they have a plan.

To heat it and/or cool it, again, go back to what I said regarding his line of work. Nothing sold = no paycheck. Also, take into consideration what the realtor percentage is; if he's not a broker, he gets peanuts (the money left over). To make ends meet, he will need to be selling the $1 million-plus houses and to continue that for XXX amount of time.
Neither you nor I know his net worth, his investments, his savings, etc. He might be selling commercial properties, not just houses. Why worry about them? Do you worry about how every other dad supports his family? Maybe you could worry about all the deadbeat dads in the country.

I think the guy is nuts and so is his wife. Now, suppose a child is born that is a "special needs" child.
That can happen to any family, even with just one child.

A friend of my family's has a child that requires $1,000 per month or week, don't remember which, of special food. That food is only for the child. It adds up.
How does your friend pay for the food?

webexplorer said:
Why are you talking about fishes? Why you were talking about social security? I did not bring these up.
We can't talk about points if you don't bring them up first?

I am trying to say that if the boy become a father and never met a female woman from the same DNA family. They produce a baby that has a birth defect. i.e. a serious retard or a disfigured human. I read it in the newspaper a few times in the past. Those are not my words.
If brothers and sisters from the same family intermarry and produce children, then that could possibly increase the chances of hereditary birth defects. But why would children from a large family marry siblings? They don't live on a remote island. They can marry unrelated people, just like everyone else does.

Here is example of what has happened in Hurricane Katrina. It were out of control. Why? It was overpopulation - it was not their fault or they did not on their purpose to grow their family. We cannot blame George Bush that he did not help enough to rescue them. It is just too many people.
If the Gulf Coast area was "overpopulated" it wasn't because families had lots of children. It was because too many people build houses in areas that are at high risk from storms. There is still plenty of empty space in other parts of the country available but people don't want to move there.

... 16 children is very difficult job to do all the work... but it is not fun at all.
It looked like their family was having fun. Life is not all work, and it is not all play. It is just normal. :)

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1116975,00.html

Labor of Love: Parents Welcome 16th Child

Thursday Oct 13, 2005 8:00am EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

CREDIT: PRNEWSFOTO

Michelle Duggar and husband Jim Bob Duggar of Rogers, Ark., have welcomed a new baby daughter, Johannah Faith Duggar, born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighing 7 lbs. 6 1/2 oz.

Johannah is their 16th child. And her dad says that he and his wife aren't finished building their family.

"We both just love children, and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more, and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," Duggar, 40, a former state representative, tells the Associated Press.

He added that the new arrival and Michelle, 39, are both doing well, and Johannah's birth is especially exciting because it is the first time in eight years that the family has had a girl.

The distinctive Duggar brood – every child has a name beginning with the letter "J" – includes two sets of twins, but individually they are: Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.

Joshua was born when his mom was 21, four years after she and Jim Bob, who sells real estate, married. The patriarch previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate but expects to run for the state Senate next year. (If only his kids were old enough to vote, it could be a sweep.)

Johannah's birth was filmed by The Discovery Health Channel, which plans to air a show about the family in May. The Learning Channel is also preparing a program about the Duggars' new 7,000-sq.-ft. new house, due to be finished in time for Christmas.

The residence is blueprinted to contain nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Reba said:
Don't forget that mom doesn't have 16 babies; several of the children are already teenagers. Each older child is responsible for a younger one. Mom doesn't do all the household chores; the children have responsibilities. The dishes don't pile up in the sink, and they don't let the laundry pile up; they take care of things right away.

Somehow, large families in past generations managed to take care of the kids and household without modern conveniences, so I think families today can do that.

Yep.....like my kids' dad, he has five brothers and two sisters total eight children (including him). He's the first-born and had to work when he was 12 to support his family in Mexico. Now all grown, they gave him gifts to thank him for being a wonderful big brother. ;) His mom did all those works in the home. She doesn't mind. They kept her busy. Some parents do. Are they planning the 17th in the future I'm wondering?

Did you always want such a large family? Are you planning to have any more children?

When we are out together we get questions like… “Is this a school group?”, “Are they all yours?”, “Are you Catholic or Mormon?”, “Don’t you know what causes this?” These questions give us many opportunities to share with others the hope that is in us, that children are a gift from God. We did not always view children as a gift. Michelle & I did not have any children for the first 4 years of marriage. We chose to use the birth control pill. After our first child was born, Michelle started back on the pill, shortly after, she miscarried. We found that sometimes the birth control pill will allow you to conceive, but then cause a miscarriage. We then realized we had the same heart attitude about children as those willfully choosing abortion (wanting to make our own plans, live our own lives, children could be a bother or interruption). We searched the scriptures & found that God says, “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: & the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them” (Psalms 127:3-5). We asked God to forgive us for not wanting to receive His gifts, & we gave Him control of this area of our lives. We’ve been married 20 years & have been blessed with 15 precious gifts, 10 boys & 5 girls, which include two sets of twins. We had no idea life could be so abundant and full. We would love to receive more children! Exhortation to other families…We face challenges everyday, but as we humble ourselves God gives grace & His mercies are new each morning. God’s Word is an owner’s manual for our lives. In it are the answers to all of life’s questions. James 1:5 states, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally & upbraideth not; & it shall be given him.” Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life & that they might have it more abundantly” John 10:10. God Bless you as you seek to follow Him with your whole heart & train your children in the way they should go!

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar

That's because of Bible says so? :ugh2:

Michelle, are there any special luxuries that this dream home will have?

Our current home is about 2400 square feet. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 washers & 3 dryers. Every morning there is a long line outside each bathroom. Our new home will have 7000 square feet with a big dorm room for the boys and another for the girls. It will have a 2000 square foot living room (which will be great for our home church meetings), a commercial kitchen similar to that of a restaurant with a dining hall, a big pantry, a play room, a master bedroom, a guest bedroom, a sewing room, an office, a laundry mat with 4 washers, 8 dryers and 10 bathrooms, all of which sits on 20 acres. To God be the Glory!

The parents talk too much about their dream but they didn't know what their children want? Excuse me for saying this.

I know alot of children wish to have their own room for their privacy.

http://www.jimbob.info/faq.html

Oh boy, 16 kids! *shaking head*....
I've heard of this family last year or something.

It's unreasonable to have so many kids in a country where everything isn't exactly cheap.

Imagine food bill over 600 per week
utility bills
a bus
huge house
clothing
health insurance etc

4 or more loads of washing everyday.

*shakes head again*

Michelle's Advice To Mothers
It was 1:00 AM in the morning as I stood folding laundry with tears streaming down my cheeks. Feelings of being overwhelmed flooded my mind. I cried aloud, ”LORD I NEED YOUR HELP, I can’t do it all! I feel so inadequate! Diapers, dishes, laundry, meals, cleanup, school lessons, baths, hugs, kisses, correction…” My list seemed to go on and on. Then it was as if a still small voice said, ”Michelle, it’s easy to praise ME when things are going good, but are you willing to praise ME now?” Immediately the scripture that says, “Offer up a sacrifice of praise”, came to mind. I said, “OK Lord, I will praise you even now! It really is a sacrifice!” So through the tears I began to sing, “The joy of the Lord is my strength”. In my heart there was a release as if a burden had been lifted. I finished the laundry at 2 AM and went to bed. Days later, I was at our piano teacher’s home (at 7 AM) trying to catch up on paperwork while the children were taking their lessons. Instead, I kept drifting off to sleep! The teacher noticed and asked, “Are you OK?” I replied, “I’m fine, I’m just tired. I was up late finishing laundry.” As we talked more she said that she actually enjoyed doing laundry and that she would be glad to come and help me! That weekend when she arrived we had mountains of dirty laundry, and when she left we had nice, neat, orderly stacks of clean laundry! For 10 years now, our piano teacher, whom we consider a part of our family and loving call “NaNa” has faithfully come (now twice a week) to help us with laundry! GOD sent “An angel” in answer to my cry for help. He is faithful to hear the humble cries of his children. “Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.” God lifted my burden (literally mountains of laundry!) and freed me to meet the more urgent needs of my family. “Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory…” Remember mothers, where God guides He provides!

With Love, Michelle
Proverbs 3:5-7

http://www.jimbob.info/mothers.html

Interesting :ugh2:

I know for the sure that 2 to 3 children is enough to start a family. Why big family for? That's just because the bible says...

look at the facts before judging

:bsflag:
webexplorer said:
These parents are selfish. Oh yes, it's because we have too many people in our country. They are really sicko because they believe that a God told them to create babies. Come on. My sister's employee a father created 11 children. His wife will be their 12th baby soon. Oh brother! Of course, they are on welfare to feed their babies because it is impossible for a father to make more money from work in order to feed his own family. *sigh* They should respect other families and balance.

I would like to point out that this family has a great income and is NOT on welfare I watched a documentry on them and they're very well off and have worked very hard to be where they are today and are very capable of looking after their children , they have been together since they were 15 she is a teacher so they also home school those kids who from what I have seen are very intelligent and well behaved we should all hope for kids that are this well rounded and polite so you don't have to worry about your tax dollars paying for their schooling . maybe you should look into things before you bash people.... only my personal thoughts I know I dont like to be judged so I wouldn't do it to someone else :grouphug:

Liebling:-))) said:
...The parents talk too much about their dream but they didn't know what their children want? Excuse me for saying this.
She was answering a specific question from the interviewer. The interviewer didn't ask the children. Mom did not say that she didn't know what the children want. That wasn't the question.

I know alot of children wish to have their own room for their privacy.
And some don't. Some kids prefer the company of other kids.

Miss-Delectable said:
...It's unreasonable to have so many kids in a country where everything isn't exactly cheap.

Imagine food bill over 600 per week
utility bills
a bus
huge house
clothing
health insurance etc
If they are paying all their bills, why should you care? They are not using taxpayer money.

Liebling:-))) said:
...I know for the sure that 2 to 3 children is enough to start a family. Why big family for? That's just because the bible says...
Many people say it is awful if Christians judge couples who use birth control or abortion. Maybe it is equally awful if people judge Christian couples who don't use birth control or abortion.

It seems I remember a thread here at AD about judging people.

IHMO I feel this parents are selfish for want more kids while too many children around the world need to be adopted. If they love children and want more children why not adopt them? My neice and her husband adopted two sisters from Russia early this year because they were orphaned. Too many unfortunely kids out there need to be loved and adopted.
We the people almost reach 7 billion and not enough food and water for everyone. Not enough oil, lumbers, and many supplies to keep up the demand of this world. Trash is almost full everywhere, where to put them? We have too many problems now and have not solve the problems yet and keep more bring babies into this world because they want it more.

Plus I feel for their older sibilings because they have to help their parents with the little ones.

Everyone have different opinions and I do respect that. As for me, I have five children, but since I'm unable to bear more children, I can't have more. Suppose...if I CAN, I probably would have around eight to ten children. I just love them so much and taking care of them. I read the articles in the website of Duggar family with much interest. My brother has 7 children. I asked his children how many children do they want when they get married and most of them want many children. I asked about them wanting privacy in their bedrooms and they said they don't mind it most of time as they love company of their siblings and togetherness as family. If they want privacy, they can go outside, see friends, ask others for privacy in their bedroom for awhile. I have only one brother and no sister, but when I grew up, I've always wanted many children. I am happy with our five children and am not planning for more. The oldest is 22 and youngest is 5. Love them sooooo much and also love my sweet husband! mwah!!

Our children do help out with house chores. It helps alot and I do a part too. My husband mostly take care of yardwork, fixing things, building wood things, etc. He is very handyman and can fix or build lots of things. You should see his workshop...lots of tools, etc. He would help me clean if I ask him to, which is once in a while. I'm full time housewife and mom.

Back