Mom Delivers 16th Child and Thinking of More!!

Whitewolf1970 said:
My curious is how much do parents have to pay them in the end of the month? I think I gave them too much? :eek: I need to know exact for the age of 10 and 12. I'm spoiling mom. :eek:

Check this link... over Pocket money
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=8481&highlight=Pocket+money

Whose kids pocket the most?
http://money.msn.co.uk/Bank_Plan/savings/Journals/StashThatCash/PocketMoney/default.asp

No, you are not spoiling mom... what you doing is okay... I do the same with my children, too... It´s meanfuling for the children to learn to manage with their pocket money.

Liebling:-))) said:

Don´t defense them because it´s clear to me that the MAGAZINES, book etc. are REMOVED in their household.

I really don't know what the big deal is if they don't read magazines.

... I´m learning from you for a first time that Christians are not interesting about magazines... I saw alot of people are interesting to read any magazines because of good tips/informations
I am not saying that no Christians read magazines. Many Christians read a variety of magazines. I am just saying that they don't depend on them. Hubby and I subscribe to several Christian magazines, gun organization magazines, home and garden magazines, Consumer Reports, National Geographic, and Deaf and interpreter organization magazines. Our neighbors give us their mags when they are finished, such as Smithsonian, Newsweek, Photography, and Sports Illustrated. It is nice to have them but I could live without them.

wow, you think Christians are prefect than non-Christians?...
That is not even close to what I said. Please read it again:
Quote:
I guess the bottom line is, you and I have totally different perspectives of what things are important/unimportant, good/bad, normal/abnormal. I can see your perspective because I grew up in a non-Christian home, in a worldly society, and I work daily in a secular setting with many non-Christian people. Unfortunatly, it seems that you don't have the advantage of seeing or experiencing both sides of the situation the way I have.

I said that our perspectives were different. I have lived on both sides, so I have seen both sides. You have lived on one side, and that is all you see.

All what I say is feeling sorry for their children, that´s all...
But why feel sorry for the children if nothing is wrong? There is nothing to feel sorry about if they are happy.

I am not saying that no Christians read magazines. Many Christians read a variety of magazines. I am just saying that they don't depend on them. Hubby and I subscribe to several Christian magazines, gun organization magazines, home and garden magazines, Consumer Reports, National Geographic, and Deaf and interpreter organization magazines. Our neighbors give us their mags when they are finished, such as Smithsonian, Newsweek, Photography, and Sports Illustrated. It is nice to have them but I could live without them.

I guess the bottom line is, you and I have totally different perspectives of what things are important/unimportant, good/bad, normal/abnormal. I can see your perspective because I grew up in a non-Christian home, in a worldly society, and I work daily in a secular setting with many non-Christian people. Unfortunatly, it seems that you don't have the advantage of seeing or experiencing both sides of the situation the way I have.

I said that our perspectives were different. I have lived on both sides, so I have seen both sides. You have lived on one side, and that is all you see.
How do YOU know that Liebling didn't grow up as a preacher's kid or a missonary kid or involved in a hyper religious family?
There is NOTHING wrong with Christianity or Christian methodology. We're NOT saying that. NOBODY is saying that...it's just that when it demonizes secular culture as "bad" and doesn't consider secular culture to have even a semi-positive influence....TOTALLY sheltering kids by only having them exposed to ALL Christian all the time stuff, really doesn't create a good recipe for faith....I would say that about almost ANY seperatist mentality......Not just attacking Christianity.
Oh, and I see what Lieb is saying. She is saying that you seem to see the seperatist Christian mentality as "PERFECT Utopia" with NO downsides.
We're not talking about people who expose their kids to Christianity and to secular culture....we're talking about people who are so afraid of secular culture that they demonize it and don't see any benifits in it. Sort of like the hearing parents/experts who demonize Deaf culture and who don't see any benifits in it. See what I mean?

deafdyke said:
How do YOU know that Liebling didn't grow up as a preacher's kid or a missonary kid or involved in a hyper religious family?
Because she told us about her life in other threads.

....we're talking about people who are so afraid of secular culture that they demonize it and don't see any benifits in it. Sort of like the hearing parents/experts who demonize Deaf culture and who don't see any benifits in it. See what I mean?
No, I don't see a relationship between Christianity v. secularism, and hearing v. Deaf culture. Christianity v. secularism is the influence of Christ thru the Holy Spirit v. the influence of Satan thru the ways of the world. Hearing culture v. Deaf culture is not a matter of morality or spiritualism; is one valid culture v. another equally valid culture.

I thought that our God would protect us from any kind of storms such as hurricanes and tornados. A tree fell on one person's home and destroyed it. The next neighbor said that God saved them by keeping their home safe. What? God chose them and not the other people??? It is a absurd to think such a stupid thing... God had nothing to do with either saving or destroying a home. God is powerless. :dunno:

Exactly! That is why I do not want to get involved with bible wars! I can bet 99% of the bible came from a man's own mind, rather than god's true word. What I see here is that there are people out there that is acting like god, and this really turns me off! I do not believe god is telling people how to run other person's life! What I believe is that god let each of us decide whats right or wrong, and face in the end. I have respect other's belief in their own religion, but I would consider this as harassment if that person is trying to pursue me into believe what they believe.

I believe that the worst sin in God's own eye is a person who ACTS like god!

webexplorer said:
I thought that our God would protect us from any kind of storms such as hurricanes and tornados. A tree fell on one person's home and destroyed it. The next neighbor said that God saved them by keeping their home safe. What? God chose them and not the other people??? It is a absurd to think such a stupid thing... God had nothing to do with either saving or destroying a home. God is powerless. :dunno:

the family can't afford college education because they have too many children and I feel that 16 children is too much, I meant look at economic problems in that family.

rjr2006 said:
the family can't afford college education because they have too many children and I feel that 16 children is too much, I meant look at economic problems in that family.

Financial Aid. Enough said.

College/University students should be paying for tuitions themselves, not the parents. Otherwise, the kids aren't learning anything if they don't sacrifice anything of their own.

Banjo, if they apply for financial aid... it depends if they will be approved to get grant based on income guidelines, etc. If make too much then they won't be eligible to get grant from FA.

AnnyGuy said:
Banjo, if they apply for financial aid... it depends if they will be approved to get grant based on income guidelines, etc. If make too much then they won't be eligible to get grant from FA.

This is true BUT if they don't qualify, that means that the family is doing well, financially, contrary to what the naysayers here have said.

Last edited:
rjr2006 said:
It is possible that the children will get scholarships.

Also, there are some families with just one child that "can't afford" college either.

Students CAN work their way thru college. My parents never paid one cent for my college education.

webexplorer said:
Matthew 5:45b
"...for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

We never know why God saves one person from danger and not another. We don't know His grand master plan. We can only trust that He knows best. We are His creation, and He knows what is best for us, even when we can't see that plan.

Reba said:
Matthew 5:45b
"...for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

We never know why God saves one person from danger and not another. We don't know His grand master plan. We can only trust that He knows best. We are His creation, and He knows what is best for us, even when we can't see that plan.

How do you feel if a tree fall and hit your home? It would be so devastated. I don't like this happen to you, children, or anyone. That is the problem. Why can't God makes the town committees allow you to cut that unsafe tree in your backyard? (I read your post in other section.)

webexplorer said:
How do you feel if a tree fall and hit your home? It would be so devastated.
I wouldn't like it, for sure.

I don't like this happen to you, children, or anyone.
I appreciate that.

That is the problem. Why can't God makes the town committees allow you to cut that unsafe tree in your backyard? (I read your post in other section.)
Town committe members have free will just like everyone else. God doesn't force people's wills. I don't know God's plan for my trees but I trust Him. He sees the big eternal picture that I can't see.

This is a simple question:

Yes, I thank God to give me wonderful children but I know my limit. I'm not doing what the God wants because it's ME who is the responsible to take care of my children, not God.

If I have money, I would of adopt orphan children to give them a good home and order Nanny/Maids/Caretaker. Why can't Duggar do that if they really love kids?

Should I breeding children for living of social assistant or as volience/crimes/addiction force for prison?

Who should pay that in the computer era with little working people?

Reba said:

It's parents who want it, not children. How could the children knows that there're magazines around?

Reba said:
Because she told us about her life in other threads.

What's do with my life here with Duggar? :dunno: What's the problem about kind of life what I have, is it because of my family's background or what? I has nothing do with my family background. Anyway, I have my OWN family and lead different life than my parents & siblings did.

diehardbiker65 said:
Exactly! That is why I do not want to get involved with bible wars! I can bet 99% of the bible came from a man's own mind, rather than god's true word. What I see here is that there are people out there that is acting like god, and this really turns me off! I do not believe god is telling people how to run other person's life! What I believe is that god let each of us decide whats right or wrong, and face in the end. I have respect other's belief in their own religion, but I would consider this as harassment if that person is trying to pursue me into believe what they believe.

I believe that the worst sin in God's own eye is a person who ACTS like god!

I'm afraid yes, you are right about this.

I use to being Bible belief until I realize slowly that it's authors who wrote different bibles... I really don't know what should I say..... :( All what I say IS: I beleive God & Jesus, Bible story (history)... not authors who wrote about abortion, adultery, more children, etc. etc. etc.

Back