Mobo and cpu question

That so hilarious to see u get owned big time by that motherboard of urs.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Havent had a good laugh for awhile.:laugh2:

Check this out my Youtube Video:naughty::naughty::twisted:

YouTube - Motherboard Poulan chainsaw

Mobo :Owned: me!!

:laugh2::laugh2:

Catty

That's hilarious! I'd have thought the chainsaw can easily destroy the motherboard in order for it to split in half but in this case, It seems like you have had got a good mobo, haha!

I've noticed (according to your posts) you like to experiment things. What made you get into that?

Duo is better than Quad cuz Duo can up to 5.7ghz OC and Quad up to 3.6ghz OC.

Depend what software you use.

Quad still faster than Duo for multi-task like Edit video and Server 2003/2008 for over 10 thin clients.

Server + Overclock = poor power efficiency

Everyone spend cheaper CPU and big overclock = kill power bill.
Spend expensive cpu (high speed) and no need overclock = great power efficiency.

Last edited:
Depend what software you use.

Quad still faster than Duo for multi-task like Edit video and Server 2003/2008 for over 10 thin clients.

Server + Overclock = poor power efficiency

Everyone spend cheaper CPU and big overclock = kill power bill.
Spend expensive cpu (high speed) and no need overclock = great power efficiency.

Duo is best for gamer and you were right overclock is not good for server and kill power bill too. I do have E8400 OC @ 4.2ghz and running seems fine but not recommand overclock for servers.

Duo is best for gamer and you were right overclock is not good for server and kill power bill too. I do have E8400 OC @ 4.2ghz and running seems fine but not recommand overclock for servers.

Lot gamers alway OC their CPU for games like me ;)

3.0GHZ @ 4.2ghz very nice.. what fsb and multiplier you have? What's kind heatsink you use?

Lot gamers alway OC their CPU for games like me ;)

3.0GHZ @ 4.2ghz very nice.. what fsb and multiplier you have? What's kind heatsink you use?

I thought I post somewhere and I found it
right now I have EVGA 780i, LGA775 INTEL E8400 @ 4.2 GHZ, 4gb g.skill, Vista x64, 8800GTX(I will get one more 8800GTX for SLI), COSMOS 1000 Case, check out my pic :P also great for CRYSIS and team fortress 2 running very smooth!
I changed mind that I dont want SLI 8800GTX, one video card is good enough for any games. I use zalman 9700 heatsink multiplier 9x I am not sure about fsb, I think 1515? I will check it out.

I thought I post somewhere and I found it

I changed mind that I dont want SLI 8800GTX, one video card is good enough for any games. I use zalman 9700 heatsink multiplier 9x I am not sure about fsb, I think 1515? I will check it out.

SLI is big joke and only push 10-30fps for $400. Forget it.

Next time.. use nail to hold the motherboard on the wood so it's won't move anything.

Yeah, I already saw that on Youtube that guy from Finland did nailed mobo on wood and use Dormar Chainsaw to cut it up nicely. I never thought of it.

This time, I :Owned: motherboard lol. My son did cut up NAILED TO WOOD mobo for me under my supervision. I planned to put up on Youtube video. My wife was concerned that people will get upset about my son is too young to use chainsaw (he's 11 yr old) so I didn't put it up due to concerns of other people over young kids using dangerous equiptments. I use maul to chop the mobo up. I forgot that I do not know how to use M$ Windows Movie Maker. I just want to edit and splice it and add caption on it. I've never use it before.

Catty

That's hilarious! I'd have thought the chainsaw can easily destroy the motherboard in order for it to split in half but in this case, It seems like you have had got a good mobo, haha!

I've noticed (according to your posts) you like to experiment things. What made you get into that?

Blades on chainsaw was dulled that's why it couldn't cut up mobo. I have Dremel chainsaw blade sharpener. Planned to sharpen it later for cutting wood.:giggle::giggle:

I like to experiment things during my boredom. Thought why not just have fun of it.

Catty

I am bidding for used working Winfast Foxconn 761GXK8MB-RAK 939 mobo for cheap. It have PCI-e slot x1 and Onboard SiS graphic chipset. It can use PC400 memory card up to 4GB. It would be good start to bring my AMD64 processor back online. I only have 3 hours for bid today. Will find out if I win or not.

The computer tech guy at store told me Foxconn mobo is the best and is fast booting up. I checked it's info on box and it seem interesting enough for me. So it's better than nothing tho. I just wanted to have working system for kids and myself to use in basment. Then I can use 800mhz system in my garage to replace 600mhz lol cuz 800mhz doesn't need fan to keep CPU cool, since that it have big tall aluminuim heatsink.

AND I want UBUNTU back!!!

Catty

It seems like Catty love outdated stuff.

Go back to buggy Win ME!!!

It seems like Catty love outdated stuff.

Go back to buggy Win ME!!!

Win ME...NEVER!!! :rofl:

I just won the bid for $19 on mobo. Now that my sons can have good fast system. I planned to install either Ubuntu or Windows. I would plan to test Ubuntu with VMware for linux to run Windoz XP in it to see if it can run normal like regular desktop such as installing and running windows games ect... If it does then I would plan to keep it that way so boys can Windows under vmware. If not then other way around, Windoz as main then Ubuntu in Vmware. Vmware seem better than Virtualbox or Linux base Virtual Machines.

I just browsed through the PCIe graphic cards on Ebay. I wanted nice one like Nvidia. Perhap 8800GT?? if my budget permits. I could afford Nvidia 7200GT with 256mb DDR3 memory.

I'm going to pass over 800mhz (or I can swap to 600mhz system so I can keep 800mhz in garage shhh!!) for my daughter to use. It'll be all hers to use cuz she doesn't use games. She's all for Bebo.com and checking Yahoo Email. Nothing much for her

Catty

Win ME...NEVER!!! :rofl:

I just won the bid for $19 on mobo. Now that my sons can have good fast system. I planned to install either Ubuntu or Windows. I would plan to test Ubuntu with VMware for linux to run Windoz XP in it to see if it can run normal like regular desktop such as installing and running windows games ect... If it does then I would plan to keep it that way so boys can Windows under vmware. If not then other way around, Windoz as main then Ubuntu in Vmware. Vmware seem better than Virtualbox or Linux base Virtual Machines.

I just browsed through the PCIe graphic cards on Ebay. I wanted nice one like Nvidia. Perhap 8800GT?? if my budget permits. I could afford Nvidia 7200GT with 256mb DDR3 memory.

I'm going to pass over 800mhz (or I can swap to 600mhz system so I can keep 800mhz in garage shhh!!) for my daughter to use. It'll be all hers to use cuz she doesn't use games. She's all for Bebo.com and checking Yahoo Email. Nothing much for her

Catty

8800 GT is around $150 or less now.

I had installed XP in Fusion (virtual machine) on my MacBook Pro, I just downloaded crack version of XP from torrent and works fine, I will plan to install Ubuntu, KDE, Windows 2000 and 98/ME to experiment for refresh my memory on old OS.

8800 GT is around $150 or less now.

I had installed XP in Fusion (virtual machine) on my MacBook Pro, I just downloaded crack version of XP from torrent and works fine, I will plan to install Ubuntu, KDE, Windows 2000 and 98/ME to experiment for refresh my memory on old OS.

:rofl: Yup VMware Fusion for Apple. It'll be great for demo how Windoz get dipped and infected with hordes of virus with no protection (firewall off and no security update like your Cracked version). Show that Apple is better than Windoz :rofl:

I use VirtualBox on Ubuntu to run cracked XP, It ran fine but most games that was installed cannot run because "debugger error" message kept popping up every time I tried to run the game. Few games would work. I remmy I ran Riven game on XP inside VMware on top of Windoz XP on my old 500mhz Dell lappy. It works great. But not VirtualBox. So Basically I wanted to run ANY games on Vmware on Ubuntu. (I've dl three different Vmwares, VMwares WS for Windows, VMware WS for Linux, Vmware WS for 64bit Linux). Burnt to CD to install. hee heee.

I saw 7200gt for $14 and 8800GT maybe around $50 to $90 if you are lucky. It may be used or pulled parts but works great. Usually graphic card last longer than mobo. My ATI Radeon 9000 Pro AGP card still runs great on 2nd mobo.

here's the Ebay site for starting bid.

EVGA NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320 - DDR3 - Almost New! NR!! - eBay (item 140267699058 end time Sep-19-08 07:43:24 PDT)

But still bid will go up fast once bid ending soon (of course lot people snipes just few seconds before end. I snipes too :lol: ).

Linux with Compiz will run better on older Nvidia 6800, 7200 ran the same. They said that It would make no difference if using 8800GT. It have to do with driver development for Linux.

Catty

Back