Mobo and cpu question

Im still on 939...... too and Too tired of ATIs..... but no dosh..... id wait til this one finally really dies..... the PSU is good stuff a OCZ Powerstream 520w... about the only most expesnive part in the desktop now

i have no idea for next comp, either a lappy, (tidier) or another desktop say a core2duo with Nvidia say 8600GT...or whatever out next..... but geeeeepers computers are so expensive to upgrade
and you know what
im still on 56k lol

also id i need to upgrade it wont bt anything more the cpu/mob/grpahics and an LCD, id keep the CD burner til its doesnt work

interesting though, i still have a venice 939 (3000) it overclocked well up to 2.8gz but not into windows, at 2.7 into windows..... but that was 3 years ago now, just stock 1.8ghz eversince I just want to stretch its life......

cattyzt6.jpg

This is better.

Just be careful, you are obsessed about purplecatty is your dad, however he's father of you and derek. ;)

If it caught on fire, It wouldn't burn down my house anyway. The melted coated wire will already cross each other thus shorting out the power supply. The process will stopped immedialy but fire will go out on it's own. I do not have carpet in basment, just cement floor LOL. I would have to open up the windows and door to let smoke and smell out LOL. Mobo fire is rare tho.

Thankyou :ty::giggle:

That's a good thing you don't have carpet in basement. Lucky it didn't get any worse for sure. *whew*

You're welcome. :)

cattyzt6.jpg

This is better.

:laugh2: That's a good picture ya added on extra things on it.

I just took AMD64 939 Processor over to Skyline Computer store today. They at first charges $25 but I told them I didn't have nuf money to pay all those for simple thing. I explained to them that I have motherboard w/ funky bios and it show status that it's booting but won't boot to BIOS. So I don't know if it's processor or mobo. I just simply want them to boot it up on their "test" mobo and see if processor working normally then I would know that processor is okay and board is bad at home. She reduced it to $5 for it. I will find out tomorrow afternoon if my processor good or not.

After paying them to test my processor. I walked around their store to see what they have. I saw WinFast, ECS Elitegroup, and other mobo. Guy suggest me WinFast mobo is best and cost $65. Ummph He didn't have mobo in box but as a display. I read it's information on features it have. Pretty interesting info about BIOS info store in hdd small partition and faster bootup time and User customize flash screen. Ummphh sound more interesting. STILL would check MSI, GigaByte, ASUS and other mobo before I plunk my $$ for best one IF AMD64 processor still alive and kicking.

Catty

I just picked up AMD64 2.2Ghz 939 processor and the technician said it runs great! Finally, I know the ABIT AV8 motherboard is bad!!!

NOW!! My next step is.. GET A NEW MOBO!!!

Highlander,

Take out AMD64 processor picture and replace with ABIT AV8 mobo to Kitchen Garbage Dispostal..and change my "no no" to "Hee hee Haa Haa" in devilish way
:rofl:

I just picked up AMD64 2.2Ghz 939 processor and the technician said it runs great! Finally, I know the ABIT AV8 motherboard is bad!!!

NOW!! My next step is.. GET A NEW MOBO!!!

Highlander,

Take out AMD64 processor picture and replace with ABIT AV8 mobo to Kitchen Garbage Dispostal..and change my "no no" to "Hee hee Haa Haa" in devilish way
:rofl:

What's wrong with AM2?

He don't want to throw good processor away. It's waste of money.

Yep.. Cost me $200 for this 1 1/2 yr ago. Now it's worth far less. Still runn'n strong whew. Glad it's just a bad AV8's BIOS. I just checked out MSI mobo. SLI type. Ummh nice.. Checked Asus and Gigabyte. I am leaning to Asus or Gigabyte. My old Gigabyte 7vax had been serving me very well in the past for 7 years before it died so thought why not Gigabyte 939 mobo for this processor. I'm going for PCI-E THIS TIME!!!!!!! Retiring an AGP!!

I recently checked to see if I can resurrect Gigabyte 7VAX mobo. I use 450watt power supply came from former Abit AV8 system. Plugged the jack to it's partly burnt jack. Powered it on and southbridge fan kicked on alive and kicking. It apparently I had a bad power supply. So At least I'm going to put it back all together (memory, CPU fan, hdd and DVDrw drives and AGP graphic card) and power it up to give it a try. If it works good then I have a relief! 1 system up, one system down LOL.

Catty

I just put everything back together on (Athlon XP 1900) Gigabyte 7VAX board. Powered on. All fans (CPU, Southbridge, ATI graphic card) spins and LED lit (power, RAM, Hdd). But no show on monitor. Monitor been hooked properly. So I reset the BIOs and try again. Same thing, No BIOS bootup screen. Ummh I think something in between the board's "sandwich" circuity was blown. Oh well board still bad. Guess it's a goodbye to my faithful board heading to dumpster.

Graphic card works fine on 800mhz system. so therefore it's not a problem with it. DDR Ram memory is good too. Oh well...

Catty

Yep.. Cost me $200 for this 1 1/2 yr ago. Now it's worth far less. Still runn'n strong whew. Glad it's just a bad AV8's BIOS. I just checked out MSI mobo. SLI type. Ummh nice.. Checked Asus and Gigabyte. I am leaning to Asus or Gigabyte. My old Gigabyte 7vax had been serving me very well in the past for 7 years before it died so thought why not Gigabyte 939 mobo for this processor. I'm going for PCI-E THIS TIME!!!!!!! Retiring an AGP!!

I recently checked to see if I can resurrect Gigabyte 7VAX mobo. I use 450watt power supply came from former Abit AV8 system. Plugged the jack to it's partly burnt jack. Powered it on and southbridge fan kicked on alive and kicking. It apparently I had a bad power supply. So At least I'm going to put it back all together (memory, CPU fan, hdd and DVDrw drives and AGP graphic card) and power it up to give it a try. If it works good then I have a relief! 1 system up, one system down LOL.

Catty

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Mobo and cpu question

What you waiting for?

Brand is Brand. You still have warranty over ebay. It's up to you.

Not just brand, it's chipset. VIA is worse ever! Nvidia is best one chipset for AMD 939 over VIA.

Brand is Brand. You still have warranty over ebay. It's up to you.

Not just brand, it's chipset. VIA is worse ever! Nvidia is best one chipset for AMD 939 over VIA.

yes, I am looking mobo w/ Nvida chipset, No thanks to VIA. I'm not sure which is which I should get mobo with NForce4, Nforce4 Ultra, Nforce4 SLI, Nforce Ultra SLI, Nforce4 4X. :eek::dizzy::dunno2: (Am looking into Gigabyte mobo) So what do you suggest? Of course it'll be a PCI-E mobo.

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Catty

You plan to get two video cards and use SLI mode? I had two 7800gt as SLI. I noticed two GPUs gain around 10-30fps than single gpu so SLI is pointless for me now.

Nforce4 Ultra is great for single GPU.
Nforce Ultra SLI is great for dual GPUs.

You plan to get two video cards and use SLI mode? I had two 7800gt as SLI. I noticed two GPUs gain around 10-30fps than single gpu so SLI is pointless for me now.

Nforce4 Ultra is great for single GPU.
Nforce Ultra SLI is great for dual GPUs.

Ok so that sound like I just need Nforce4 Ultra for single GPU. I do not need extra GPU since my kids don't do Halo or Grand Theif Auto. They have Star Wars Lego, Rollercoaster Tycoon ect.., ect which are graphic intensive but it is enuf to run just one GPU.

Unless if ebay selling NFoce4 Ultra SLI motherboard cheap, I would go for it as long as It's cheap. I saw MSI mobo like this for $35.

Thanks for advice!

Catty

Last edited:
Ok so that sound like I just need Nforce4 Ultra for single GPU. I do not need extra GPU since my kids don't do Halo or Grand Theif Auto. They have Star Wars Lego, Rollercoaster Tycoon ect.., ect which are graphic intensive but it is enuf to run just one GPU.

Unless if ebay selling NFoce4 Ultra SLI motherboard cheap, I would go for it as long as It's cheap. I saw MSI mobo like this for $35.

Thanks for advice!

Catty

You can get motherboard with SLI for better price. Nothing to wrong with that. Just turn SLI mode off from BIOS if they have.

Back