Mobo and cpu question

right now I have EVGA 780i, LGA775 INTEL E8400 @ 4.2 GHZ, 4gb g.skill, Vista x64, 8800GTX(I will get one more 8800GTX for SLI), COSMOS 1000 Case, check out my pic :P also great for CRYSIS and team fortress 2 running very smooth!

Last edited:
right now I have EVGA 780i, LGA775 INTEL E8400 @ 4.2 GHZ, 4gb g.skill, Vista x64, 8800GTX(I will get one more 8800GTX for SLI), COSMOS 1000 Case, check out my pic :P also great for CRYSIS and team fortress 2 running very smooth!

Can I have it? :rofl:

The AMD64 processor never overheated because I have heatpipe w/ impeller fan in it. It stays 28c stable for very long time till the system went kaput (AV8 have Cool n Quiet turned on).. The only thing I know is BIOS problem. Because last December, winter time in my area, My cat was rubbing beside the opened case (She is always all over me while I'm working on Ubuntu). She zapped the 80 pin IDE cable and when I planned to click around, It won't do anything when I clicked. I realized my system was frozen.. I rebooted and Hdd was not reconized. It came to my mind that I FORGOTTEN to cover the case. It was too late. I was lucky enuf to reset BIOS and it finally work okay but last a week after 24/7 operation. I had to reset bios once a week. Then I stopped using my system for a while until my son begged for good graphic card for "Pirate of the Carribean" online game. SO I took it out and lent him graphic card to Gigabyte sytem. Then I use crappy graphic card for a while till my daughter booted up the AV8 system and it showed funny garbled screen. That's when I spotted it left running and I shut it down and planned to fix it later. Yesterday, It won't boot up on montior even I had best graphic card in and swapped memory stick from defunct Gigabyte GA7VAX.

So My guess the processor is okay but NEVER know that BIOS can screw the processor. Better safe than sorry that I would have processor tested before I buy another board. I saw on Ebay, Used MSI 939 mobo w/ PCI-E for $5 starting bid. It's a good board the seller said. I haven't bidded it yet so I'll wait later, I would like to try Asus 939 board.

If I had plenty of money, I would jump in Intel bandwagon and buy Quad core system LOL

Catty

i guess i have 2.4 ghz quad core and 2 gb ram

raptor 150 gb hard drive it more way fast than other hard drive i ever had it

only 700 for that good candy system

i guess i have 2.4 ghz quad core and 2 gb ram

raptor 150 gb hard drive it more way fast than other hard drive i ever had it

only 700 for that good candy system

Raptor 150gb is not faster anymore. Most newer hard drive 7,200rpm still faster than 10,000 rpm due high caches. I still had OLD Raptop 36gb 10k rpm and still alive but slower than Seagate 250gb 7,2000 rpm from hd tune

Check it out.
3.5" Hard Drive Charts - Tom's Hardware

Ouch! $250 motherboard dont mean faster. Just price and brand. I can get $80 motherboard and faster as your mobo. Just get best cpu and gpu.

I just put everything back together on (Athlon XP 1900) Gigabyte 7VAX board. Powered on. All fans (CPU, Southbridge, ATI graphic card) spins and LED lit (power, RAM, Hdd). But no show on monitor. Monitor been hooked properly. So I reset the BIOs and try again. Same thing, No BIOS bootup screen. Ummh I think something in between the board's "sandwich" circuity was blown. Oh well board still bad. Guess it's a goodbye to my faithful board heading to dumpster.

Graphic card works fine on 800mhz system. so therefore it's not a problem with it. DDR Ram memory is good too. Oh well...

Catty

Here's the pix of my old faithful 7VAX nearly caught on fire :rofl:

Now it's on the process to have it's capacitors removed before throwing it away. I keeps capacitors that are around CPUs. Better safe than sorry if there are another new mobo with cheap capacitors starting to leak. Capacitors on this mobo had been replaced with high quality Ricon caps from England that I bought it thru Ebay two years ago :lol:

Catty

Here's the pix of DEAD ABIT AV8 (939 AMD64 mobo). I'm ready to trash it!!

Catty

Oh never again, catty

I bet he run computer with 1999ish AMD Athlon.

That's equal to Pentium 3.

It's time for you to find old crappy motherboard that compatible with i486 or Pentium 1 if you have little money in wallet, enjoy!!

Oh never again, catty

I bet he run computer with 1999ish AMD Athlon.

That's equal to Pentium 3.

It's time for you to find old crappy motherboard that compatible with i486 or Pentium 1 if you have little money in wallet, enjoy!!

I've got 200mhz Pentuim system. Still works and run on Win 98SE. It's a Packard Bell system which spider made a home. I also still have 450mhz board in attic with all it's crap ready to run.

My Athlon 1.6ghz on 7VAX board ran faster than ABIT AV8 64bit system!! It's kinda odd. I must have done something with windows XP in 7VAX system. But it's now out of my view and I'm looking into newer system in the future. Quadcore!! maybe Quint core!! :rofl:

Catty

I've got 200mhz Pentuim system. Still works and run on Win 98SE. It's a Packard Bell system which spider made a home. I also still have 450mhz board in attic with all it's crap ready to run.

My Athlon 1.6ghz on 7VAX board ran faster than ABIT AV8 64bit system!! It's kinda odd. I must have done something with windows XP in 7VAX system. But it's now out of my view and I'm looking into newer system in the future. Quadcore!! maybe Quint core!! :rofl:

Catty

I bet your first computer is Mac 128k in mid 80's, your parent was really broke after that.

I bet your first computer is Mac 128k in mid 80's, your parent was really broke after that.

:rofl: I had Apple IIc computer back then :rofl: Sold it in Ebay for $119 after I posted for $1 on it for everything include fancy Imagewriter II dot matrix printer.

Be nice if I wins lottery then I would throw out crappy computer for fastest one and also would buy ITX mobo (17mm x17mm) for fun of it :rofl:

Catty

I'm done pulling out most capacitors. Now that I am really ready try video of me actually using chainsaw and do Texas Chainsaw Murder on Mobo today. :twisted: :twisted: I will post it with Youtube video link.:evil::evil::twisted::twisted:

Hammer would be the thing of the past. My dad JUST gave me the chainsaw that my former bro in law gave it to him cuz it's not working and only used it 5 times. He hand it to me to have it fixed so he can share chainsaw with me if needed. I brought it home and fixed it. It works great and is ready to use!!:hmm::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Catty (hee hee haa haaahh ahh 'cackling') :rofl: :rockon:

I still have Apple IIc and Apple IIe with two drive & monitor. Still junk stuff in garage.

:lol: maybe take it out and see if you can remember how you programmed it and ran it. Sometime you'll find it interesting how did you became so smart back then and forgotten how to do that today. :lol:

Catty

Back