Mitt Romney said He is Not Concerned about the Poors!

I am done dealing. Mom passed away about 2 years ago. My sentiments are for families that are going through it now, or in the future. I do not value an animal life as equal to a human one. I also am not allowing you to guilt trip me about those loving animals that have feelings and care about "their" families. I do regret some of the research practices used, but I would not turn back the clock on medical progress that has been made.

Guess we have hijacked this thread enough. Thanks for the comments. :wave:

Medical is where the animal nuts always lose the argument.. If they stuck to make up and dye testing and fur they would probably get much more support and seem less nutty.

I am done dealing. Mom passed away about 2 years ago. My sentiments are for families that are going through it now, or in the future. I do not value an animal life as equal to a human one. I also am not allowing you to guilt trip me about those loving animals that have feelings and care about "their" families. I do regret some of the research practices used, but I would not turn back the clock on medical progress that has been made.

Guess we have hijacked this thread enough. Thanks for the comments. :wave:

No attempt at guilt tripping you. I'm expressing my views about animals and medical research. Atrocities are still atrocities even if re-labeled as medical research. I do value animals and recognize they don't have human voices to express themselves but I do and I will speak up on their defense when they are suffering at the hands of man and if you want to make compassion seem like a guilt trip, well, to quote you, paint it any way you want.

Medical is where the animal nuts always lose the argument.. If they stuck to make up and dye testing and fur they would probably get much more support and seem less nutty.

Interesting that anyone who cares enough to oppose animal cruelty is automatically labeled a nut. Cheap shot.

Wirelessly posted

You have only one choice, which will you save a child or a puppy if you are in a hazardous situation?

Wirelessly posted

You have only one choice, which will you save a child or a puppy if you are in a hazardous situation?

A child. The same idea if my family is with me in my car and I'm driving and a suddenly a puppy runs across a road (no time to stop and driving fairly fast, e.g. 50 mph on a road) I'd keep driving my car straight instead of trying to swerve out of the way endangering my whole family by losing control of the car. My family's life is worth way, way, way, way more than that puppy.

A child. The same idea if my family is with me in my car and I'm driving and a suddenly a puppy runs across a road (no time to stop and driving fairly fast, e.g. 50 mph on a road) I'd keep driving my car straight instead of trying to swerve out of the way endangering my whole family by losing control of the car. My family's life is worth way, way, way, way more than that puppy.

But in our legal system the puppy has more right to live. :hmm:

But in our legal system the puppy has more right to live. :hmm:

Too bad then. My family comes first. Even if there were 20 puppies on the road I'd still run them over to protect my family rather than risk losing control of my vehicle and endanger everybody on board. A puppy isn't worth saving when it comes to protecting and saving one's own family. If PETAs don't like my answer, screw 'em.

Too bad then. My family comes first. Even if there were 20 puppies on the road I'd still run them over to protect my family rather than risk losing control of my vehicle and endanger everybody on board. A puppy isn't worth saving when it comes to protecting and saving one's own family. If PETAs don't like my answer, screw 'em.

That's a little different from deliberating inflicting torture and suffering.

That's a little different from deliberating inflicting torture and suffering.

I'd be deliberately injuring and killing them causing pain and suffering but not out of maliciousness or lack of conscientiousness but out of love that my family comes first.

I'd be deliberately injuring and killing them causing pain and suffering but not out of maliciousness or lack of conscientiousness but out of love that my family comes first.

Again, that's different from deliberate inflicting of torture and needless suffering.

I wouldn't swerve either if I were in your shoes.

lol.... lol.... please don't mind me while I eat McNuggets.

Exactly. We hold this belief that the human life is more valuable than the life of any other species yet we are the most destructive cruel species in existence.

Mankind....the smartest creature on the face of the earth.

Mankind....the most stupid creature on the face of the earth.

People shouldn't be throwing food into the trash can. It should be going straight to the compostable bin or the organic bin.

Not everyone is able to have compost pile. I live in a condo and we are not allow to grow food on the lawn or have compost pile. And we have a mice problem where I live, a compost pile would attack more mice. My city has one that people can bring their yard waste to , but the city does not know how to care for the compost pile and it started a fire and cause people to get sick smelling the smoke in their homes.

I was watchin news and saw Mitt's rant on the plane. I couldnt help but laugh when he said he is more worried about middle-class people like my family. Mitt is a very wealthy man only cares about himself. He is desperate to be the president so he can give himself big tax breaks. He can go screw himself!

Not everyone is able to have compost pile. I live in a condo and we are not allow to grow food on the lawn or have compost pile. And we have a mice problem where I live, a compost pile would attack more mice. My city has one that people can bring their yard waste to , but the city does not know how to care for the compost pile and it started a fire and cause people to get sick smelling the smoke in their homes.

That's what the organic bin is for in case you cannot use a compost bin. However, if your city don't do organic pickups, they should start considering it.

In my town, people petitioned for community gardens. It's not that hard to start one up - just need to find a few like minded people in the neighbourhood then write to the local councilman asking for a plot of land for community gardening. Where I live, abandoned lots and/or parking lots are now thriving gardens and they really add to the beauty of the neighbourhoods. I always love walking by them and seeing all this life growing.

In my town, people petitioned for community gardens. It's not that hard to start one up - just need to find a few like minded people in the neighbourhood then write to the local councilman asking for a plot of land for community gardening. Where I live, abandoned lots and/or parking lots are now thriving gardens and they really add to the beauty of the neighbourhoods. I always love walking by them and seeing all this life growing.

It's also a good idea to get the soil tested prior to developing a community garden.

Back