Mitt Romney said He is Not Concerned about the Poors!

I disagree. German tanks and airplanes need engines to move and are part and parcel of the whole killing of many innocent people. They knew what they were making and what it was for. It took making the powder, the cannon barrels, and myriads of parts to make these killing machines. The end result is the same, people were killed. Quiet relevant. But not so in this original thread.

How about we say they used people for killing machines? Is that relevant?

Mercedes made engines in WWII German tanks and airplanes. The engines in Japan's airplanes that bombed Pearl Harbor were made by the Mitsubishi. Your point?

curious - what about Toyota?

I disagree. German tanks and airplanes need engines to move and are part and parcel of the whole killing of many innocent people. They knew what they were making and what it was for. It took making the powder, the cannon barrels, and myriads of parts to make these killing machines. The end result is the same, people were killed. Quiet relevant. But not so in this original thread.

USA manufactured and made parts used to support a war that killed millions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Corporations involved knew exactly what they were doing and delighted in knowing great profits abound. Look at how the prices of gold and oil escalated thanks to this war. It made a lot of people very very rich.

That's what corporations do - make profits. And Mercedes, like Bayers, was supplying their government of their country.

The point is, the Nazi party was the ruling government of Germany. It would have been considered unpatriotic not to support your government and this unpatriotism could get you tortured or killed. And it would have been bad business as a corporation not to maximize profits to please their investors.

whatdidyousay pointed out it was Bayers who made the mustard gas that killed people. I do have to agree that singling out one corporation in one company for being involved in war activities is a bit hypocritical when one's own government and corporations were also involved in war activities, including manufacturing of weapons for the purpose to kill.

USA manufactured and made parts used to support a war that killed millions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Corporations involved knew exactly what they were doing and delighted in knowing great profits abound. Look at how the prices of gold and oil escalated thanks to this war. It made a lot of people very very rich.

That's what corporations do - make profits. And Mercedes, like Bayers, was supplying their government of their country.

The point is, the Nazi party was the ruling government of Germany. It would have been considered unpatriotic not to support your government and this unpatriotism could get you tortured or killed. And it would have been bad business as a corporation not to maximize profits to please their investors.

whatdidyousay pointed out it was Bayers who made the mustard gas that killed people. I do have to agree that singling out one corporation in one company for being involved in war activities is a bit hypocritical when one's own government and corporations were also involved in war activities, including manufacturing of weapons for the purpose to kill.

To me, it still comes down to people. I have a friend who quit his job as a chemist for DOW chemical company way back in the early seventies because he was aghast at the products he was expected to work on. He became a delivery driver and recently retired, and to this day I still have the utmost respect for him.

To me, it still comes down to people. I have a friend who quit his job as a chemist for DOW chemical company way back in the early seventies because he was aghast at the products he was expected to work on. He became a delivery driver and recently retired, and to this day I still have the utmost respect for him.

Your friend is all too rare.

USA manufactured and made parts used to support a war that killed millions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Corporations involved knew exactly what they were doing and delighted in knowing great profits abound.

It's all part and parcel on what's needed to kill people in a war as I have said. No one single item can be successfully delivered without the necessary components and delivery system.

It's all part and parcel on what's needed to kill people in a war as I have said. No one single item can be successfully delivered without the necessary components and delivery system.

There's Mercedes supporting the war effort by manufacturing engines, completely oblivious like the rest of the world was about the concentration camps then there's Bayer's designing gas to brutally mass slaughter innocent citzens who were NOT soldiers and also experimenting their drugs on the people in the camps.

Former was about supporting the war effort. The other was about genocide and torture.

Big difference.

Wirelessly posted

You have only one choice, which will you save a child or a puppy if you are in a hazardous situation?

With that reason I asked because someone asked: "I love my dog. But if I had to choose between the life of my dog and a human I don't know, I'd choose the human."

Then, someone else said: "Once again; you only proof here that you don't know the meaning of the word "love". Your dog trusts you and this is how you repay him for his trust? You should be ashamed. You're no better than someone who chooses a stranger over a friend that trusted him with his life."

"It is my choice to save my pet over some strangers I don't know."

Basically, you can save your pets or some animals over humans you may or may not know. But, I would get so mad if they don't bother to save my family members or even strangers I don't know...

Sorry to say this, I put humans above animals when it come to danger situations...

I can believe that without hesitation. I once met a woman who lived through the Holocaust. She is a hearing woman, she came from a family of deaf people. She was torn away from them and never saw them again.

The only reason why she's still alive is because she agreed to have them perform scientific experiments on her rendering her sterile for life.

I knew a man that was in a Holocaust concentration camp. He had a small grocery store not far my house as a child. I was at store with my dad one day and saw strange rudely written numbers on his arm ,as a child I had no idea why they where on his arm. The man committed suicide ,is was so tragic . He reminded of the character in the book called 'The Pawn Broker'. My dad's brother was a FBI man his job was to find Nazis that committed war crimes that where in hiding. The Nazis did all kinds of horrible scientific experiments on the Jewish people and they did a lot on twins children.

Mercedes made engines in WWII German tanks and airplanes. The engines in Japan's airplanes that bombed Pearl Harbor were made by the Mitsubishi. Your point?

Some drugs companies do not care how they made their money.

There's Mercedes supporting the war effort by manufacturing engines, completely oblivious like the rest of the world was about the concentration camps then there's Bayer's designing gas to brutally mass slaughter innocent citzens who were NOT soldiers and also experimenting their drugs on the people in the camps.

Former was about supporting the war effort. The other was about genocide and torture.

Big difference.

The end result is still the same.

I am very aware that other corporation has made weapon . Dow chemical made napalm bombs .

If ya'll want to believe that deaths are not the inevitable end result from the development of war machines used in war along with the myriad of other components that helped contribute to the killings then be my guest. Whether it's the production of poisonous gas, making missile parts, machine guns, the engines that fly the planes and drive the tanks, the assembling of bomb parts, etc, etc, etc...the end result is still the same on contributing to the deaths of millions in WWII wiping out 2.5% of the world's population. That was my whole point about the part and parcel on what's needed to kill people in a war.

*shrug*

If ya'll want to believe that deaths are not the inevitable end result from the development of war machines used in war along with the myriad of other components that helped contribute to the killings then be my guest. Whether it's the production of poisonous gas, making missile parts, machine guns, the engines that fly the planes and drive the tanks, the assembling of bomb parts, etc, etc, etc...the end result is still the same on contributing to the deaths of millions in WWII wiping out 2.5% of the world's population.

*shrug*

The distinction we are making is that torture and genocide is NOT the inevitable result of such machinizations, as you implied. That's all. If you want to persist in the belief it is, be my guest. :wave:

Back