Mitt Romney said He is Not Concerned about the Poors!

Meaning what? that everyone knows and is well informed? Evidently people like Reba didn't. She's asking me if I am the only one who knows and wants to know how I know.

they know and some don't care. some do care.

those who knew about it and don't care... ignorant.
those who knew about it and do care... here's DQ ice cream.
those who knew about it and took action... hero.

they know and some don't care. some do care.

those who knew about it and don't care... ignorant.
those who knew about it and do care... here's DQ ice cream.
those who knew about it and took action... hero.

Mm...those who do know about industrial farming and do care wouldn't touch DQ with a ten foot pole.

Still, DQ is great. Sadly, I can't say that for McD or Sonic. Although Wendy's is still my favorite.

Mm...those who do know about industrial farming and do care wouldn't touch DQ with a ten foot pole.

I don't think DQ is a leader in animal abuse. I would suggest it is common in all areas of "food with faces" production. I have seen the PETA videos from way back. Do you use cosmetics? They are not exactly innocent. Shampoo? Ugh...

I don't think DQ is a leader in animal abuse. I would suggest it is common in all areas of "food with faces" production. I have seen the PETA videos from way back. Do you use cosmetics? They are not exactly innocent. Shampoo? Ugh...

I make conscientious choices in what I buy.

oh? I take it that DQ originates in Texas or southern area?

I thought so.... I had only seen them in the south and the slogan here is Dairy Queen, That's what I like about Texas. But after looking it up DQ started in Illinois. Cool.

I thought so.... I had only seen them in the south and the slogan here is Dairy Queen, That's what I like about Texas. But after looking it up DQ started in Illinois. Cool.

but yea - DQ's pretty much in all eastern states. only problem is that it's usually in "far-away" area. I wonder what drove them out of populated areas :hmm:

same with Friendly's.

I make conscientious choices in what I buy.

Glad you do. Me, not so much. I avoid fast foods and environmentally ignorant packaging; think Lunchables and the like. However, one can spin animal rights any way their conscience allows. Third degree burns? Do we take a torch to a pig to test the medications, or do we wait for a victim to offer his/her chances for survival as a test subject?

but yea - DQ's pretty much in all eastern states. only problem is that it's usually in "far-away" area. I wonder what drove them out of populated areas :hmm:

same with Friendly's.

:dunno: Here the food is more country style food than city style food. Reading your link though the DQ Texas food is different that most DQ food. Never knew that either.

I guarantee you, if ever a food shortage or there's mass starvation occurring, I'm sure people wouldn't mind eating the food what we eat today and not worry about where it came from.

same but unfortunately... bunch of DQ went out of business around here :mad2:

Same with DC as well and you have to go to NoVA or MD if you want eat at DQ.

Plenty of DQ in here.

I guarantee you, if ever a food shortage or there's mass starvation occurring, I'm sure people wouldn't mind eating the food what we eat today and not worry about where it came from.

That's what NGOs trying to save starving children in Africa say all the time to westerners who raise an eyebrow at the hungry kids being fed sugar or cheap hot dogs. Their bodies are so starved that they actually need that sugar (as well as salt) unlike others who need to cut down on sugar.

So, you're right. If one is dealing with severe starvation, they're happy to eat anything and in fact, they need to be able to eat anything. My father survived the Winter of Hunger in de Hague, Netherlands and nothing made him more upset than seeing food being thrown out. Even old stale bread or cheese that got left out and hardened or old mealy apples. All of that was precious to him even long after he grew up to be quite a financially comfortable person.

Back