Mitt Romney said He is Not Concerned about the Poors!

legally - they are so that people can sue them.

Yep and last year, they've been granted the right to make unlimited donations to political campaigns because they're "people" and it's their "right" to exercise free speech.

It's ridiculous.

Yep and last year, they've been granted the right to make unlimited donations to political campaigns because they're "people" and it's their "right" to exercise free speech.

It's ridiculous.

for that - I have a HUGE problem with it. Corporations should not be involved with politic.

The other day, there was a TV show on ABC. It was basically the American version of the popular CBC program, "Dragon's Den". It's called, "Shark Tank". One of the investors on the show said something that bothered me quite a bit.

He said that in order to succeed, the entrepreneurs must find a way to manufacture their products at the lowest prices possibly. So if it means operating a factory in China, so be it.

The entrepreneur said that he wanted to do everything in the country and his small town. The people said he would fail because he was not willing to do it the "right" way. They didn't say it in that way, but it was clearly implied. The man's goal was to bring as many jobs as possible. One of the investors actually used Apple as an example on how they bring jobs to the Americans and that would be only done by having factories overseas.

However, he failed to mention that the factories across Asia contain of around 700,000 factory workers and 30,000 engineers. The number of Apple employees in the USA is far, far, far, far, FARRRRRR less in comparison. I believe it's 43,000 all together in the USA. Mostly salespeople and Apple store employees. The rest work at Apple (engineers, designers, executives, etc).

Americans are bringing far more jobs to the other continents than they are bringing to their own country.

Well, of course. Businessmen are in the business of making money. As much money as possible. It's all about profits.

Exactly, and we know they aren't. ...
If they aren't people, then they shouldn't pay income tax.

Of course, to be Fair, individual Americans wouldn't pay income taxes either.

Well, of course. Businessmen are in the business of making money. As much money as possible. It's all about profits.
Well, their businesses aren't hobbies or charities. That makes sense.

that's fine with me. businessmen exist to deliver what you want and you're gladly paying for it.

that's fine with me. businessmen exist to deliver what you want and you're gladly paying for it.

exactly. one gladly pays for it at all costs as long as businesses profit and customers got a good deal. doesn't matter if the food is contaminated or child labour was involved. what matters to the businessman is maximizing profits and what matters to the customer is maximizing savings.

Most customers have a hard time being honest with themselves about this though, that sometimes when they buy a product, they are indirectly paying for environmental destruction or nightmarish child labour conditions or illegal violatons of animal welfare acts.

that bugs me more than the fact they bought the product, this burying of heads into the sand.

Yes, but they should not be subsidized by the government. Taxpayers shouldn't be paying to help reduce the costs. That's what the consumers are for.

The other day, there was a TV show on ABC. It was basically the American version of the popular CBC program, "Dragon's Den". It's called, "Shark Tank". One of the investors on the show said something that bothered me quite a bit.

He said that in order to succeed, the entrepreneurs must find a way to manufacture their products at the lowest prices possibly. So if it means operating a factory in China, so be it.

The entrepreneur said that he wanted to do everything in the country and his small town. The people said he would fail because he was not willing to do it the "right" way. They didn't say it in that way, but it was clearly implied. The man's goal was to bring as many jobs as possible. One of the investors actually used Apple as an example on how they bring jobs to the Americans and that would be only done by having factories overseas.

However, he failed to mention that the factories across Asia contain of around 700,000 factory workers and 30,000 engineers. The number of Apple employees in the USA is far, far, far, far, FARRRRRR less in comparison. I believe it's 43,000 all together in the USA. Mostly salespeople and Apple store employees. The rest work at Apple (engineers, designers, executives, etc).

Americans are bringing far more jobs to the other continents than they are bringing to their own country.

You left out the part where the "Sharks" told him how he would still be creating jobs in his state.

exactly. one gladly pays for it at all costs as long as businesses profit and customers got a good deal. doesn't matter if the food is contaminated or child labour was involved. what matters to the businessman is maximizing profits and what matters to the customer is maximizing savings.

Most customers have a hard time being honest with themselves about this though, that sometimes when they buy a product, they are indirectly paying for environmental destruction or nightmarish child labour conditions or illegal violatons of animal welfare acts.

that bugs me more than the fact they bought the product, this burying of heads into the sand.

very simple - don't buy their products if you don't like it. and organize a protest group.

very simple - don't buy their products if you don't like it. and organize a protest group.

Agreed. I tell people that all the time, that if they really want to protest, hit the businessman where it hurts them the most, their pocketbooks.

Agreed. I tell people that all the time, that if they really want to protest, hit the businessman where it hurts them the most, their pocketbooks.

that's why I don't hold much ill-thoughts toward corporations because it's really misguided and futile. it's the consumers who are keeping them fat & alive and they chose to be ignorant about it (assuming that they were informed about it).

I'm aware of McDonald's questionable mass-production style with livestock and how they make food. That's why I don't eat there as much as I did before. I probably go there maybe 1-3x a month just for ice cream.

that's why I don't hold much ill-thoughts toward corporations because it's really misguided and futile. it's the consumers who are keeping them fat & alive and they chose to be ignorant about it (assuming that they were informed about it).

I'm aware of McDonald's questionable mass-production style with livestock and how they make food. That's why I don't eat there as much as I did before. I probably go there maybe 1-3x a month just for ice cream.

The thing is, if corporations make it illegal to reveal the truth to consumers, that they do merit ill will.

fpr example, Monsanto has won the right not to put genetically modified label on their produce because "it might scare the customers away".

Farming industries have now made it illegal to expose their illegal treatment of animals on their farms because it might harm their profits.

Apple only put a watch on their labour practices in China after the media exposed the child labour scandal. If the media hadn't done that, this would have gone on without our knowing and we would happily buy iPhones not knowing it was assembled by a 10 year old who doesn't go to school and instead works 12-14 hours day for cents a day.

how many people do you know personally know all this already?

they don't. corporations pay a lot of money to make sure they don't.

Back