Mitt Romney said He is Not Concerned about the Poors!

How much tax has the largest corporations paid? Zip. Zilch. I think that is what she is referring to.
So, the government isn't giving money to the corporations. It's allowing them to keep their own money that they earned.

But that doesn't mean that the government GAVE money to them. It just means they didn't take away their money.

Two completely different concepts, gosh!

Not really, in my opinion. If the government can take money from an entity and decides not to, it is the same as giving it to it.

Not really, in my opinion. If the government can take money from an entity and decides not to, it is the same as giving it to it.

I know... I was being sarcastic... mostly because I knew what people would say. In fact.... it happened in post #61.

Edit: I agree with you.

Ya know....

Let's assume that not taxing business does bring more tax revenue due to more jobs, etc.

Fine.

One question: Do ALL business pay no taxes? Why do some pay more taxes than others?

The government decides not to? Do you mean they exercise discretion to not enforce tax laws that are in place?

Typically - Republican way is to reduce federal oversight and regulation plus tax cuts to enable employers to hire hire hire.

Why are so many jobs moving to China and India?

I know... I was being sarcastic... mostly because I knew what people would say. In fact.... it happened in post #61.

Edit: I agree with you.
How can the government be giving people money that already belongs to them?

The government decides not to? Do you mean they exercise discretion to not enforce tax laws that are in place?

The government knowingly enact laws to let the largest corporations not pay a dime in taxes. How is that not making a decision to give them money?

Ya know....

Let's assume that not taxing business does bring more tax revenue due to more jobs, etc.

Fine.

One question: Do ALL business pay no taxes? Why do some pay more taxes than others?
Why should businesses pay corporate taxes at all? Don't their employees and executives pay income tax? Don't the businesses pay sales tax on their materials and supplies? Don't businesses pay taxes and fees for licenses and services? Why should they pay any additional taxes?

Why should businesses pay corporate taxes at all? Don't their employees and executives pay income tax? Don't the businesses pay sales tax on their materials and supplies? Don't businesses pay taxes and fees for licenses and services? Why should they pay any additional taxes?

Why do smaller corporations pay taxes but not the big ones?

Hmm... do you believe capital gains is a form of income? Or should we not tax capital gains either?

Hmm... do you believe capital gains is a form of income? Or should we not tax capital gains either?
Capital gains should not be taxed if the original income was already taxed.

Corporate Personhood, Corporate Bill of Rights, Corporate Taxpayers, Corporate Individuals and many more names out there. Corporations are able to invoke the certain rights that were intended for Americans, not corporations. They couldn't at first, they had make amendments to the constitution before they could invoke certain rights.

Corporate Personhood, Corporate Bill of Rights, Corporate Taxpayers, Corporate Individuals and many more names out there. Corporations are able to invoke the certain rights that were intended for Americans, not corporations. They couldn't at first, they had make amendments to the constitution before they could invoke certain rights.

"Corporations are people." lol.

Exactly, and we know they aren't. They want to be considered people, so I don't see anything wrong with imposing a corporate tax upon them. Did you know that in Canada, we have one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world?

Ironic enough, the corporate tax rates are much higher in the USA yet so many big corporations are not paying that much in taxes. They know all of the loopholes and how to get away with it.

The other day, there was a TV show on ABC. It was basically the American version of the popular CBC program, "Dragon's Den". It's called, "Shark Tank". One of the investors on the show said something that bothered me quite a bit.

He said that in order to succeed, the entrepreneurs must find a way to manufacture their products at the lowest prices possibly. So if it means operating a factory in China, so be it.

The entrepreneur said that he wanted to do everything in the country and his small town. The people said he would fail because he was not willing to do it the "right" way. They didn't say it in that way, but it was clearly implied. The man's goal was to bring as many jobs as possible. One of the investors actually used Apple as an example on how they bring jobs to the Americans and that would be only done by having factories overseas.

However, he failed to mention that the factories across Asia contain of around 700,000 factory workers and 30,000 engineers. The number of Apple employees in the USA is far, far, far, far, FARRRRRR less in comparison. I believe it's 43,000 all together in the USA. Mostly salespeople and Apple store employees. The rest work at Apple (engineers, designers, executives, etc).

Americans are bringing far more jobs to the other continents than they are bringing to their own country.

Last edited:
Back