Meth Labs

Hmm, and I thought Alaska was the capital meth lab state of all USA.

Sarah-Palin-Meth-Labs-Small-Sticker-(5299).jpg

I heard about that and Alaska has many drug problems.

That's very surprised for state with small population.

Is there something that can be kept under surveillance tab? I'm not hip on drug culture, but uhh for example:

Unusually high electrical usage (according to electric bills) might indicate marijuana growing businesses, in which black-light and heat light lamps are used to culture the cannabis hemp during the growth process.

What about meth? Is there a special equipment that might be considered as a loophole?

I've heard of Breaking Bad tv show, but I never bothered to buy at a local dvd store.

That's very interesting about surveillance.

I love Breaking Bad - Netflix has one. :)

Ditto...

Mobile meth lab found in van parked at Wal-Mart... as officials warn meth use is on the rise in cities and suburbs

Police in eastern Pennsylvania discovered a mobile meth lab in a van that was parked at Wal-Mart after the vehicle was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Officers say Felix Ferrer, 39, was sleeping in the van in the parking lot of the store in Saint Clair, Pennsylvania, while the drugs were cooking.
He was busted when police noticed the distinctive smell of methamphetamine wafting from his vehicle after they arrived to investigate the crash.

Incidents like this are becoming more common, as the drug that has ravaged rural America is becoming more and more prevalent in large cities and the suburbs, authorities warn.

Read more @ Mobile meth lab found in van parked at Wal-Mart... as officials warn meth use is on the rise in cities and suburbs | Mail Online

Oh wow, remind me of Bad Breaking - cook meth in mobile home. :eek3:

Yes, if it was under 1%, it looks like we have serious meth epidemic now like crack epidemic in 80's, so that's very sad for our country.

Correct. I think things are heading back in that direction. It is frightening.

This is from the article I posted earlier...

In St. Louis County, lab seizures increased from 30 in 2009 to a predicted 142 in 2012. In Jackson County, Mo., which includes Kansas City, seizures have increased from 21 in 2009 to about 65 this year. In Nashville, the numbers have tripled in just two years, while Evansville saw a 500 percent increase.

So, either Meth is on the rise or enforcement is on the rise........Or both. :dunno:

Okay let's calm down here...the reality here is, there is so many unknown meth labs out there that the culprits hide. It could be my next door, I could have 5 meth labs on my street that no one knows of. That's why the maps only shows you the data that is "known" meth labs that the authorities have caught/busted.

The thing is... we will never know the EXACT figure how many meth labs out there... there is thousands of hidden that is unreported or hidden out there.

Thank you for detailed post. :ty:

Yes, I know about map is only counted after reported by local authorities, but CNN make a bad title - I guess it is typical for media.

Correct. I think things are heading back in that direction. It is frightening.

This is from the article I posted earlier...

So, either Meth is on the rise or enforcement is on the rise........Or both. :dunno:

Oh wow, that's very scary. :Ohno:

Yup, that what I think about second paragraph.

Right, that's why we don't always believe what the media says. :)

Thank you for detailed post. :ty:

Yes, I know about map is only counted after reported by local authorities, but CNN make a bad title - I guess it is typical for media.

I heard about that and Alaska has many drug problems.

That's very surprised for state with small population.

that's the problem. Alaska is very isolated and lonely.... plus nearly 24/7 daylight. many indigenous are unemployed.

so yea - they turn to drug and booze :(

I hope any technologies are improving that help law enforcement officers to bust the meth makers in near future and the meth is one of most devastated drug that I had seen.

That's not assumption because it already existed in rural area, as popping in cities are new thing now.

no. not technology. it's expensive and fallacious.

the cheapest and best solution? informers. NYC subway is full of this poster -

seesomethingsaysomething.jpg

What is life experience? intuition?

We have local county news about meth lab about more than one year ago, but they weren't in our city, so it happened very few times since I moved in.

I don't believe that TX's claim was educated guess.

life experience = for example - you've seen and heard many things in your life. when you're old, you have about 40 years of life experience so you can tell or have a good guess of what's true or what's not true in newspapers.

intuition = a "gut feeling". for example - you work at 7-11 as a cashier and you saw a couple of punks walking into store, looking around. you felt something fishy about them and you think they're going to steal something or rob you. that feeling is called "intuition".

I live in a huge meth area but the problem is that it is spreading like wildfire due to mobile meth labs and new cooking techniques. It is a nationwide epidemic. Sad. Pure poison but lots of money to be made because folks are so easily addicted. Authorities are trying anything to stop and even trying to change the law where one must have a prescription to get Sudafed. That won't fix the problem either but will just make it more difficult for the folks to get that really need it.

life experience = for example - you've seen and heard many things in your life. when you're old, you have about 40 years of life experience so you can tell or have a good guess of what's true or what's not true in newspapers.

intuition = a "gut feeling". for example - you work at 7-11 as a cashier and you saw a couple of punks walking into store, looking around. you felt something fishy about them and you think they're going to steal something or rob you. that feeling is called "intuition".

Intuition.....I was at my cornor store the other evening....at the counter, and was paying for my purchase when I noticed the clerk's eyes...2 men walked in and the clerk autmatically put his hand under the counter...he had sort of a "cautious" look...and then I knew something was up....I got out of that store quickly....and didn't look back!....Dunno what transpired after I left....but it was obvious the clerk knew something was "up"....

Back