JFK and Mimi Alford

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFK and Jackie both had affairs. Yet I don't see anyone here going after her. Hmm.

re-read what i wrote.

p.s. many studies had been done on the subject of extra-marital affairs and statistics of spouses who cheat. Overall, they say about 50% of married men have cheated or will cheat. So, basically, according to your own definition, that means 50% of married men, more or less, in America are depraved. I just don't agree that all men who cheated are necessarily depraved, just that the act of cheating itself is indeed wrong.

We are all sinners. So, basically, that would mean even you and me are depraved if you want to start finger-pointing at those who did wrong in their lives.

Yes, we're all sinners. But then there's forgiveness. Did Jackie ever forgive him? Did JFK ever felt remorseful on what he had done? Nobody will ever know.

Does anyone really care? They are both dead now. History is history and whatever is a mystery to us probably will remain that way for good. Besides, it's not really any of our business to pry into anyone's marriage.

Ha! :lol:

For starters, no video games, no texting, no internet, no A/C, no central heat, no interstate highways, no TV, no movies, no penicillin, no air travel, no videophones, no ADA....

Worse still for women: no birth control! Probably the single most life-saving concept invented, be it condoms, diaphragms, the b.c. pill, whatever.

Walk through any graveyard with tombstones from before 1900, and you will see a stunningly large number of graves of young women who died in childbirth, quite often with mention of the babe who died with them.

Not just that, there were plenty of issues with the assimilation of the Native Americans and land theft.

Well The Native Americans fought back!!! What did African Americans do during thiose civil rights days? They caused trouble!! If they were serious about freedom they should had pick up guns and fight! Like the Native Americans did.

Well The Native Americans fought back!!! What did African Americans do during thiose civil rights days? They caused trouble!! If they were serious about freedom they should had pick up guns and fight! Like the Native Americans did.
What are you talking about?!

That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Violance and War is the American way. Look at the American revolution. Like the Boston tea party. When people have enough they revolt and take action. They got sick of that tea tax so they took matters into their hands. Just like they had just enough tolerance against the Brits. So they all took up arms and fought the brits and send em back to england.

Violance and War is the American way. Look at the American revolution. Like the Boston tea party. When people have enough they revolt and take action. They got sick of that tea tax so they took matters into their hands. Just like they had just enough tolerance against the Brits. So they all took up arms and fought the brits and send em back to england.

No, it isn't.

JFK and Jackie both had affairs. Yet I don't see anyone here going after her. Hmm.

She wasn't the president. Her affairs just didn't have the same consequence. Far as I know, she never had an affair with a young male intern. Hers were with adults (remember at the time of the Kennedy-Alford affair, age of adulthood was 21).

Jackie O tapes to reveal her and JFK's affairs and who she believed was behind his death | Mail Online

A reference to Jackie's affairs in retaliation for Jack's "many flings," and a reference to JFK's affair "with a 19-year-old intern" in The Daily Mail last August.

What you think this is all about?
tea-party-020.jpg

disgrace-in-dc.jpg

04-tea-party-protest-0910-lg-14456917.jpg

In November 2010 these people sent a powerful message to Washington. Democrats lost 40 seats because of this backlash.And the Tea Party isnt going away.

No, it isn't.

Read the Lyrics to the star spangled banner

O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming.
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Its a song about war.

Its just our way. Unlike Canada its a song about peace. Canadians dont fight except in Hockey games.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Canadians dont stand silence on their song. They even cheer and sing with it. I never seen Americans cheer with their song. Its just not our way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3OO0IUPjE&feature=related"]Best O Canada ever! - Mark Donnelly watch in high quality - YouTube[/ame]

Canadians dont behave properly at their song. But Americans do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15aAxUfH2E&feature=related[/ame]

Thats the Right way to honor your country.

So glad I'm above the mudslinging over a president dead some 50 years. The past is the past. At least *I* can move on, thank my lucky stars (including my non-need to rack up post points.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back