It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which goes for both sides in this debate.

Sorry , wrong again

You haven't offended me in the least. I take criticism for what it is; generally something offered by those who know nothing about that which they are choosing to speak.

Obviously you know nothing about intervention. It is one of the most confrontational areas of mental health care.

I am glad I did not offend you, that was never my intention. I must correct you, however, on your generalization of others. Lol, I hold a degree in Psychology as well as a PhD in Human Ecology from Johns Hopkins University.
I say this for no other reason, then to make my point that you need not explain to me and perhaps others what intervention is. Your implication , "that I know nothing" about certain areas of mental health care is just WRONG! as for you taking criticism, and your definition of what it is,
I suggest you might want to take a look at several of your posts, and comments, some have that ring of someone who know nothing about that which they are choosing to speak. Peace to you always...Midnight..♥♥♥

All sides need to step back and take a look at some of the threads and read them.
I have posted things before and looked back at it and said to myself... Damn, I was harsh!!

Seems like there is a loop function going on here.

while (AD == 'exists')
Poster A makes statement.
Poster B makes thinly veiled insult that starts with "Obviously, you don't know (random)"
Poster A defends statement and throws in a thinly veiled insult.
Poster B cries out audism/liar/hypocrite.
end

We need a <break>.

Edit:

I think there is also a nested loop function regarding to that damn thread, SEE is a language.

This is not an inquisition of Csign and her decision, on how to do the best for her child. She owes you no explanation of her choices. Maybe you doubt her honesty and sincerety, but dont speak for me, and i'm sure others. Her actions demonstrate WHAT? she's made a different choice for her son then you have for yours? She may change that opinion later in life if she feels that it's appropriate or she may not. Still her son, her choice. Careful Csign some here will be asking you to stand up against a pole, in a pile of kindling, lol while they throw matches, til you say what they want. I think some of the ppl here today need to back off the coffee a bit ..but that's just me. lol
........Midnight...Peace to you all and the burdens you carry each day..♥♥♥

Isn't that sad? You are completely right.

Seems like there is a loop function going on here.

while (AD == 'exists')
Poster A makes statement.
Poster B makes thinly veiled insult that starts with "Obviously, you don't know (random)"
Poster A defends statement and throws in a thinly veiled insult.
Poster B cries out audism/liar/hypocrite.
end

We need a <break>.

That was good. Fairly accurate description of events too.

I am glad I did not offend you, that was never my intention. I must correct you, however, on your generalization of others. Lol, I hold a degree in Psychology as well as a PhD in Human Ecology from Johns Hopkins University.
I say this for no other reason, then to make my point that you need not explain to me and perhaps others what intervention is. Your implication , "that I know nothing" about certain areas of mental health care is just WRONG! as for you taking criticism, and your definition of what it is,
I suggest you might want to take a look at several of your posts, and comments, some have that ring of someone who know nothing about that which they are choosing to speak. Peace to you always...Midnight..♥♥♥

You have demonstrated that you know nothing of intervention. That was a valid observation, as I explained, intervention is one of the most confrontational areas of mental health care. You claimed it wasn't, in effect.

Your degrees don't concern me. Human ecology is not my field nor is it related to psychology, especially clinical psychology. And a bachelor in psychology gives you the opportunity to go on and earn post graduate degrees. It does not permit you to practice, nor to call yourself a psychologist nor to claim expertise in the field. Your degrees have virtually nothing to do with this thread, or with the level of audsim and ethnocentism the vast majority of AD members are seeing and experiencing.

Oh, I see how this works now! You can criticize me, but I am not free to respond in kind! I just didn't realize that was the way it worked, as I am more of an equitable kind of gal.:cool2:

Accomidating me???

You are again referring to "deafness" and not "Deafness". Trying to make the two terms interchangable is exactly what causes the misunderstandings. They are not interchangable. If they meant the same thing, we would not need to designate between the two. And, even though you fail to realize it, you are asking the Deaf community to accommodate you in everything you have posted in this thread.

First, you and the deaf community are not accomidating me. I have the right to be on this site, if I were deaf, hearing, HOH, etc. as stated by the Policies. Don't like what I say? Don't read it. You do me no favors. Now, I don't think you even give your peers enough credit to understand what things mean. How condensending. There is only one thing that seperates the two words..and the misunderstandings you accuse me of causing is more the failure of the deaf themselves to come together and help those who may need things explained in a simpler manner. There are so many among us who miss out on so much because no one will simply explain to them in any means of communication they know, what rights they have, what they have access to should they choose it. i am so tired of this constant battle over the words when its the people who matter. those who may not have been blessed with patient caring parents , or may have been tossed out because of their differences. Please stop the arguing over the words..Connect with the ppl who feel alone, displaced, abused. We are the lucky ones thats the word I use to describe myself ....Midnight...I wish all Peace of mind ...♥♥♥

If anyone wants validation for what the Deaf community is seeing and disagreeing with, all one need do is go back to post #1 and read forward, analyzing the nature of the posts and the message therein from those who identify as Deaf. Then see the posts from the hearing, and the late deafened who, as usual, do not agree with the Deaf.

However, when it comes to matters of education and socialization of deaf children, the Deaf are the only ones that can claim expertise in these 2 groups. The hearing or the late deafened have never been deaf children, and therefore, cannot speak with expertise on those issues as experienced by the Deaf. The hearing and the late deafened experienced audism, to be sure, but only insofar as it was a socialized way of believing that they internalized. The Deaf experienced it from a very different perspective: as a belief system that was, and is, responsible for for oppression of the Deaf.

I find it odd that the hearing and the late deafened will come into a Deaf environment, and complain that their ideas and their opinions are being repressed and invalidated. Welcome to the world of the Deaf. The late deafened and the hearing have lived with their privilege for so long that they have come to believe that their privlige should exist even in those areas that were intended to protect others from their privileged oppression.

This is just another case of "It's okay for me to do it to you, but don't you dare try to give it back to me." I find it rather comical.

I personally am getting so disgusted with a lot of things that I am taking nights off again for a while.

First, you and the deaf community are not accomidating me. I have the right to be on this site, if I were deaf, hearing, HOH, etc. as stated by the Policies. Don't like what I say? Don't read it. You do me no favors. Now, I don't think you even give your peers enough credit to understand what things mean. How condensending. There is only one thing that seperates the two words..and the misunderstandings you accuse me of causing is more the failure of the deaf themselves to come together and help those who may need things explained in a simpler manner. There are so many among us who miss out on so much because no one will simply explain to them in any means of communication they know, what rights they have, what they have access to should they choose it. i am so tired of this constant battle over the words when its the people who matter. those who may not have been blessed with patient caring parents , or may have been tossed out because of their differences. Please stop the arguing over the words..Connect with the ppl who feel alone, displaced, abused. We are the lucky ones thats the word I use to describe myself ....Midnight...I wish all Peace of mind ...♥♥♥

The Deaf are most certainly accommodating you. I don't know about accomidating, though. The very fact that you don't see it is simply evidence of the socialization process you went through as a hearing person for the majority of your life.

I connect with those people on a daily basis. Want to know how many of them are the Deaf children of hearing parents who were very well intentioned and caring?

For those who seem to always be fighting with everyone?

For those that argue; for the sake of arguing, when they are arguing about something they both agree on.

For those that label people, just because they feel like it with nothing to back it up.

For those that create a divide in a community and drives people away, when we should be bringing people together.

It must be tiring.

Can we all please just behave like civilized adults? Have conversations where we don't always agree, but lay out our opinions in a clear and pragmatic way without insulting and putting others down?

We won't all agree on everything all the time, but we can allow those times to be an opportunity to have thought provoking and respectful discussions. Who knows... If some of us open our mind we just might gain insight into something we had never considered.

Thankful , this is not a chat room:giggle:

so you're saying you prefer to be coddled as a "poor-me-cuz-i'm-a-victim" and let your fantasy stay intact?

I believe there's no misunderstanding on most parts. This "bickering" happens because one refuses to acknowledge the reality and truth because one has been living a lie... or as a victim for so long that one manifests his/her distorted reality as the right truth.

Yes psychologist's job is to be empathetic and non-judgmental and you feel that Jillio is not doing that part. You are gravely mistaken. Coddling one because he/she feels alone, displaced, and abused is extremely dangerous and damaging. That's not psychologist's job.

Following your own advice in your post... if you don't like any of our posts... don't read it. better yet - don't reply back at all.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Yea, me too.

I personally am getting so disgusted with a lot of things that I am taking nights off again for a while.

At least, it's handled at a mature level.

This thread is what we call a rant. Someone got fed up with people not agreeing with them, so they brought it over here. I tried this before in the political section. I was quickly beaten to a pulp.

We are all adults here, with opinions that vary greatly. Because someone does not agree with me, it does not make me angry, resentful, afraid. It just shows me there are other viewpoints. Sometimes, I cannot fathom how I share this blue ball with someone that thinks so differently than I do, but that is our fate in life. We all gather here to discuss issues related to the deafness that is part of our lives. For some, it is all they have ever known. For others, it is new. For still others, it is thrust upon them by another person, such as a child. Whatever the reason, I find what I read here to be refreshing and informative. If I let other opinions bother me, I would have a lot of bother in my life.

Consider this: People on the Internet can lie, troll, misrepresent, and many other things, while under the veil of Internet secrecy. Why should it bother anyone?

This thread is what we call a rant. Someone got fed up with people not agreeing with them, so they brought it over here. I tried this before in the political section. I was quickly beaten to a pulp.

We are all adults here, with opinions that vary greatly. Because someone does not agree with me, it does not make me angry, resentful, afraid. It just shows me there are other viewpoints. Sometimes, I cannot fathom how I share this blue ball with someone that thinks so differently than I do, but that is our fate in life. We all gather here to discuss issues related to the deafness that is part of our lives. For some, it is all they have ever known. For others, it is new. For still others, it is thrust upon them by another person, such as a child. Whatever the reason, I find what I read here to be refreshing and informative. If I let other opinions bother me, I would have a lot of bother in my life.

Consider this: People on the Internet can lie, troll, misrepresent, and many other things, while under the veil of Internet secrecy. Why should it bother anyone?

:ty: :ty: ...Glad to see you back SWK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back