It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we want to adopt your dad. The one that adopted us is wayyyy to grumpy, and he forgot to get in line when they passed out sense of humor.

qft!

Quote for truth. (I had to ask awhile back, too, lol).

:ty:
At first I thought it was "Quite the fact" but then saw the letters weren't in place for that.
Plus it now occurs to me I could have googled for the answer. :giggle:

:ty:
At first I thought it was "Quite the fact" but then saw the letters weren't in place for that.
Plus it now occurs to me I could have googled for the answer. :giggle:

I get in trouble for saying "Google is your friend.":lol:

I figured it was my age: just not up to date on all the internet slang!:giggle:

Well we're getting old. I'll be 45 in a couple of months. Can you believe it? You're older than my brother but younger than my SIL.

Well we're getting old. I'll be 45 in a couple of months. Can you believe it? You're older than my brother but younger than my SIL.

Dang! She must be ancient!:giggle:

Seriously, I never have been one to think much about age. To be honest, I am more comfortable in my own skin that I probably ever have been. That means a lot to me.

I have people accuse me of putting white streaks in my hair now. They don't believe me when I tell them old age and mother nature did it for me!:P

Dang! She must be ancient!:giggle:

Seriously, I never have been one to think much about age. To be honest, I am more comfortable in my own skin that I probably ever have been. That means a lot to me.

I have people accuse me of putting white streaks in my hair now. They don't believe me when I tell them old age and mother nature did it for me!:P

I don't look old despite my gray hair and it's completely gray now.

I don't look old despite my gray hair and it's completely gray now.

My oldest nephew went salt and pepper in his mid twenties. He has more grey than I do!:giggle: I just have a couple of white streaks in the front, and one in the back. And I mean WHITE!

I've wondered if the vitiligo is respsonsible for me just getting white streaks instead of greying like normal. That is the same way the pigment in your skin goes away in patches.

My oldest nephew went salt and pepper in his mid twenties. He has more grey than I do!:giggle: I just have a couple of white streaks in the front, and one in the back. And I mean WHITE!

I've wondered if the vitiligo is respsonsible for me just getting white streaks instead of greying like normal. That is the same way the pigment in your skin goes away in patches.

Who knows? I thik tha's quite possible. I've seen people with that disorder. There used to be a black lady who worked at the food lion near me who has this disorder. Her skin was a light tan in some areas but had splotchy areas of white skin in other areas..

Who knows? I thik tha's quite possible. I've seen people with that disorder. There used to be a black lady who worked at the food lion near me who has this disorder. Her skin was a light tan in some areas but had splotchy areas of white skin in other areas..

Yep. Sometimes it stops with just the patches, but in my case, the patches just kept getting bigger until now, the pigment is gone. After my pregnancy is when I lost what was remaining. The doctor told me it was because pregnancy and birth sometime kick an autoimmune disorder into high speed.

You don't see the disorder much in people who don't have African American blood. I don't really know why that is, though...just something genetic. :dunno2:

I posted some pics awhile back that showed how dark my skin was as a kid against the white patches. Mine started at about the age of 3.

I think Shel's hubby has a very slight case of it, too.

Yep. Sometimes it stops with just the patches, but in my case, the patches just kept getting bigger until now, the pigment is gone. After my pregnancy is when I lost what was remaining. The doctor told me it was because pregnancy and birth sometime kick an autoimmune disorder into high speed.

You don't see the disorder much in people who don't have African American blood. I don't really know why that is, though...just something genetic. :dunno2:

I posted some pics awhile back that showed how dark my skin was as a kid against the white patches. Mine started at about the age of 3.

I think Shel's hubby has a very slight case of it, too.

Hmm. that's of interest. I think I saw one of your pictures when someone posted a thread about Michal Jackson bleaching his skin.

Now that you mention it, I don't think i've ever seen whites with this disorder.

Hmm. that's of interest. I think I saw one of your pictures when someone posted a thread about Michal Jackson bleaching his skin.

Now that you mention it, I don't think i've ever seen whites with this disorder.

Yep, that is when I posted the pics so people could see how much contrast there really is.

They have also found a link between the disorder and Lupus. Michael was diagnosed with Lupus, too.

Yep, that is when I posted the pics so people could see how much contrast there really is.

They have also found a link between the disorder and Lupus. Michael was diagnosed with Lupus, too.

I think i will have to look up Lupus too.

I think i will have to look up Lupus too.

I found the research on the gene that cause Lupus and Vitiligo when I was checking for any new treatments on vitiligo. I may still have it in my document file. I'll check.

I found the research on the gene that cause Lupus and Vitiligo when I was checking for any new treatments on vitiligo. I may still have it in my document file. I'll check.

;ty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back