It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypocrite? No.

I had to provide my son with complete access to language from day one. I had no experience with ASL, as a result I would have been a poor language model.

That's what it really boils down to. Providing access to a complete language and we were successful in that venture. SEE absolutely served it's purpose. ASL will serve it's purpose too.

You provide your son with complete access to language? How? You are clear that you have no experience with ASL, then how can you communicate with your son?????

I must say Botts I am surprised by your comments. I have NEVER asked the deaf community to accomidate me. The reason is the deaf community itself is so splintered I was told I was not truly a deaf person because I lost my hearing 8 yrs ago, by a deaf person, who was using a HA. So technically since I am profoundly deaf and can not use a HA or CI. (which I would not choose for me anyway) I was infact more deaf then they were.. My communication choices are not because I am trying to remain in the hearing world, but rather because after I had began making progress with asl classes and a private tutor, my brain injury wiped it all out along with my ability to retain information. so I am rejected by the hearing and the deaf. When I do learn asl again , if I can I will be able to communicate with deaf, partial deaf, non english speaking deaf and several other catagories. I really find it distasteful to critisize any one trying to do the dest they can. Your quote was very revealing..."do as the romans do", else be thrown to the lions. The problem is for people like myself, I follow no ones "commands" I travel my own path. Yet It has been my experience that the deaf are the ones who insist I do as they do, else be thrown to the lions. I Fear Not, I know my Path
it us HE who guides me no mortal.....Peace to all..Midnight..♥♥♥
BTW..You may love, Jiro's owl sock "banter", I find he can be quite
offensive under the guise of his "meaning no harm."

You may be surprised that people can find posts like the one you made quite offensive also.

Saying "laughing" "Peace" "I forgive you".. etc ad nauseum, does not mean you aren't saying nasty things.

So if you follow your own path, shut up and tolerate it when other people don't want to be bothered with it.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Following up on Berry's point, this thread is an attempt to silence some people. Unable to get a mod to intervene, someone makes a new thread admonishing people, which happens to be a very passive aggressive strategy. Obviously, this strategy does not make the person popular. It does provide negative attention, however, and some people find this preferrable to no attention at all.
I grow weary and bored. It's all very highschool. Or junior high if you can get someone to stick a pencil in his nose. So, I move onto something more interesting. Lately, even housework is more interesting than squabbling. Thank you for doing your part to make me get some work done. Lol

Lately, even housework is more interesting than squabbling. Thank you for doing your part to make me get some work done. Lol

Remember to vacuum your refrigerator coils since you have time. :wave:

Botts, I thought the same too. Saying quotes like that doesn't negate what was said overall.

Did my fridge vacuuming and cleaning and house vacuuming today.

You may be surprised that people can find posts like the one you made quite offensive also.

Saying "laughing" "Peace" "I forgive you".. etc ad nauseum, does not mean you aren't saying nasty things.

So if you follow your own path, shut up and tolerate it when other people don't want to be bothered with it.

mmmmm not bad, human. you might be well-liked in Qo'noS. majQa'!!!!

*klingon boisterous laughter*

And I would attribute my multi-ethnic family and neighborhoods to my being very outspoken, passionate, and blunt. Beating around the bush and being overly considerate leads to nothing but misunderstanding. Say what you and mean what you say is the policy I live by. One can do this without being impolite. However, there are those that seem to consider any form of disagreement as being impolite. I feel sorry for them. They will never know the satisfaction of congruency in word and deed.

I have to agree this 100% Having a full blood Russian father and very dear neighbors that where very out spoken help made me the person I am today. I like to say as few words as possible when making a point while talking to someone. And some time I will go father than that. At a condo meeting I was telling the manger that people where throwing trash on the ground, and the manger more or less called me a lier in front of everyone. I left the meeting and when outside and picked up some of the trash in our yard and returned to meeting and put the bag of trash on the floor next to the manger. and he said to me me " You like to make a point don't you." My dad would had been proud of me.

I've not once tried to present myself as something I'm not. I've always been true to myself and my beliefs, and I haven't bent to meet the desires of a relatively small group of people. That sure bothers the you know what out of them.

I've always been honest, never pushing my personal beliefs re SEE unless it
was relevant to the topic at hand.

You can and will say what you want. I know the truth, and there are many others who see right through this charade.

Then why are telling us to be something we're not. And you're pushing your personal feeling on to us by the title of your thread... The only one that does not know how it deal with this you. No one is forcing you to read AllDeaf, if you find it so tiring go take a nap.

mmmmm not bad, human. you might be well-liked in Qo'noS. majQa'!!!!

*klingon boisterous laughter*

tlho' :wave:

2u6juxl.jpg

Kristina always makes me look bad! :P

I can't get to the coils under the fridge. Definitely a design flaw!

You know, I have to agree with the title of the thread, though. It really must get tiring having to create so much dissention to try and manipulate people into seeing you as a victim and giving you a pity pat on the back. Now it has reached the point that the threads are not enough, people are resorting to PM in anattempt to sway people away from supporting me. It must be very tiring, indeed, to be so obsessed with such childish games.

It is so much easier to learn to deal with people from a cross cultural perspective, and to allow others the rights they have earned, by living it, to be the experts on Deafness than it is to keep up a constant attempt to manipulate and gain credibility by discrediting anyone that disagrees with your newly formed view. Yes, that has to be tiring, indeed.

You know, I have to agree with the title of the thread, though. It really must get tiring having to create so much dissention to try and manipulate people into seeing you as a victim and giving you a pity pat on the back. Now it has reached the point that the threads are not enough, people are resorting to PM in anattempt to sway people away from supporting me. It must be very tiring, indeed, to be so obsessed with such childish games.

It is so much easier to learn to deal with people from a cross cultural perspective, and to allow others the rights they have earned, by living it, to be the experts on Deafness than it is to keep up a constant attempt to manipulate and gain credibility by discrediting anyone that disagrees with your newly formed view. Yes, that has to be tiring, indeed.

Jillio - in your defense, I'm sure there is no one who could get be to stop supporting you any time soon. You have a sound mind. You articulate your thoughts wonderfully. You fully support the Deaf. You have helped a lot of people in their own journey with hearing loss. I am one of those, and for that, I truly thank you.

Then why are telling us to be something we're not. And you're pushing your personal feeling on to us by the title of your thread... The only one that does not know how it deal with this you. No one is forcing you to read AllDeaf, if you find it so tiring go take a nap.

I've never told anybody to be anything they are not. I encourage people to be true to who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back