Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?

I think too many people are making too big of a deal about a simple request.

Too me, citing sources is practically a habit. It's no big deal.

Right, that was what I thought...no biggie so when I saw this thread, I thought I screwed up. LOL!

Great, you can share your own stories what you know from reading or heard in real life situation. I love to hear your stories what you read from any magazine... :thumb:

Thanks, I try to find the time to do that to post some good stories. As long as four monkeys don't jump on my back you know. lol :giggle:

Right, that was what I thought...no biggie so when I saw this thread, I thought I screwed up. LOL!

I guess that you did not read the whole thread here and don´t know the whole thread.

The reason, I created a thread here because someone demand source to prove it when a person share the story what she/he know from reading her/his magazine/newspaper that´s how end to drama and then lock a person´s thread which I disagree and create a thread here. Alex give me right.

I thought it´s no biggie to demand source when anyone share their share about magazines and newspaper etc, etc. I agree with deafbajagal, restless_heart, VamPyroX, Jolie_77, Phillips, Pacman and GTM that it´s not biggie to demand source to prove it when they want to share their story what they know from reading or experience, etc.

How do you feel if I demand source to prove it to doubt your story? They don´t need to spew out of a person´s mouth for demand source, doubt, etc when a person share their story. It´s immaturity to demand to prove it. IMO.

I accept their story and decide myself if I want post or not to aviod any drama. If I am unsure then ask them in friendly manner way instead of demand for the proof.

http://www.alldeaf.com/forum-feedback-suggestions/49658-prove-else.html

Thanks, I try to find the time to do that to post some good stories. As long as four monkeys don't jump on my back you know. lol :giggle:

Simple is:

If you want to create a thread to share your own story what you know from reading or whatever without source then add your rule in your thread to make sure that ADer should not post to mess your thread for demand source, doubt or don´t beleive your story etc.

If I doubt your story then I would not post to support your thread.

I guess that you did not read the whole thread here and don´t know the whole thread.

The reason, I created a thread here because someone demand source to prove it when a person share the story what she/he know from reading her/his magazine/newspaper that´s how end to drama and then lock a person´s thread which I disagree and create a thread here. Alex give me right.

I thought it´s no biggie to demand source when anyone share their share about magazines and newspaper etc, etc. I agree with deafbajagal, restless_heart, VamPyroX, Jolie_77, Phillips, Pacman and GTM that it´s not biggie to demand source to prove it when they want to share their story what they know from reading or experience, etc.

How do you feel if I demand source to prove it to doubt your story? They don´t need to spew out of a person´s mouth for demand source, doubt, etc when a person share their story. It´s immaturity to demand to prove it. IMO.

I accept their story and decide myself if I want post or not to aviod any drama. If I am unsure then ask them in friendly manner way instead of demand for the proof.

I agree with u. I would ask nicely for a link or source if I want more info on the statement. Most of the time, the links or sources are included anyway.

Simple is:

If you want to create a thread to share your own story what you know from reading or whatever without source then add your rule in your thread to make sure that ADer should not post to mess your thread for demand source, doubt or don´t beleive your story etc.

If I doubt your story then I would not post to support your thread.

Yep, I agree with you,, I have noticed when they say the word "MUST" have a "Sources or link" it sound like they want some Aders even me to be "Force" to add the sources. Seems more like it sound like a FORCE or a Demand. They should know better use common sense to decided if they believe or not. Not force to have to require a link. :) :cool2:

Yep, I agree with you,, I have noticed when they say the word "MUST" have a "Sources or link" it sound like they want some Aders even me to be "Force" to add the sources. Seems more like it sound like a FORCE or a Demand. They should know better use common sense to decided if they believe or not. Not force to have to require a link. :) :cool2:

I don't see anyone demanding you for a source, I only see them "asking" for a source.

And other posts you've done was not even written in your own words, and I see why they asked repeatedly where you got that information from, I cannot say I blame them. They're only protecting the copyright laws.

Agreed. Some time we all want a source as a "proof" to believe the story but isn't that what Google or Wikipeida or any other search engines are for? Most of the time you can find it there to verify the story.

If I wanted to know, I would have asked questions. It doesn't mean that I have to believe it or not. It just means that sometime the story sounds too good to be true or whatever it is.

hmmm... Jolie_77 asked me for source on one of my own recipe I didn't get upset like some of you did because I do not see it as a big deal. :dunno:

It seem I get picked on more than those who do not provide a source at all and even lied about posting it in their own words, I don't get it. :hmm:

hmmm... Jolie_77 asked me for source on one of my own recipe I didn't get upset like some of you did because I do not see it as a big deal. :dunno:
For a recipe? :ugh: Even on website, magazines there are about the same recipes as you get it off your own cook book.

Last edited:
For a recipe? :ugh: Even on website, magazines there are about the same recipes as you get it off your own cook book.

Yes but the point is, it doesn't bother me, I'll be happy to provide the source or the name of the cookbook, if someone did asked me where I got it from.

Yes but the point is, it doesn't bother me, I'll be happy to provide the source or the name of the cookbook, if someone did asked me where I got it from.
I understand what you mean but I have not seen anyone have asked for a source on recipe before in my entire life. I just find that very strange, I mean don't you agree?

I don't see anyone demanding you for a source, I only see them "asking" for a source.

I have see the difference between demand and ask for a source. I would be glad to provide the source if anyone ask me in friendly way, not that what anyone spew out of my mouth for demand source to doubt my story.

And other posts you've done was not even written in your own words, and I see why they asked repeatedly where you got that information from, I cannot say I blame them. They're only protecting the copyright laws.

Yes, I agree that its plagarism like what I told you in my previous post #7.

Last edited:
Agreed. Some time we all want a source as a "proof" to believe the story but isn't that what Google or Wikipeida or any other search engines are for? Most of the time you can find it there to verify the story.

If I wanted to know, I would have asked questions. It doesn't mean that I have to believe it or not. It just means that sometime the story sounds too good to be true or whatever it is.

Yes I understand what you mean.

I would ask them for source in friendly way if I need more information when I didn´t find anything in google.

I often don´t bother to ask for source but accept and support their stories only if their stories seem pretty logical and sense. I would not post if their stories is not logical.

If anyone share the stories from reading their magazines and newspapers where it doesn´t go to websites. Example: I shared the story about Gas explosion in my thread because I don´t have English source to prove you. It´s great that nobody doubt my story which mean that they beleive me. If I want to share the story about 2 little panda bears were being murdered in Zoo near where I live at 3 weeks ago but I don´t have any English source to support my claim. Would they beleive or doubt my story without provide source? I began notice more and more that they demand for a source to prove it in harsh manner way.

It seem I get picked on more than those who do not provide a source at all and even lied about posting it in their own words, I don't get it. :hmm:

I guess you don´t understand the difference between demand and ask for source. As you said that Jolie_77 asked you for a source which mean is she ASKED you in FRIENDLY way for a source, not DEMAND you for prove it.

Each person is different as long as she/he ask for a source in friendly way which is okay. *shrug*

We all collect recipes from magazines and cookery book. I would be glad to name which cookery book, I own if she ask me for. It could be that she like to know which cookery book because the recipes sound hhhhmmmm and make her to buy same one??? :dunno:

I baked cheese cake from low fat cookery book last week. I donate cheese cake to my co-workers... They said that cheese cake sound realllllyy hhhhmmmm... and ask me where I get it from? I told them that it´s low fat cookery book... They was like WHAT... LOW FAT????WHAT... I brought a book to show them... Guess what, they went to store to buy same cookery book, I have. It could be that Jolie_77 is interesting to know which Angel´s recipe from? I see nothing wrong with this... :dunno:

Of course I asked my friends where it get from because their recipe are mmmhhhh... They showed me their cookery book...

I see nothing wrong either. See my response post to Cheri.

I guess you don´t understand the difference between demand and ask for source. As you said that Jolie_77 asked you for a source which mean is she ASKED you in FRIENDLY way for a source, not DEMAND you for prove it.

So did I unless you can pull up my post where I demand a source? I understand your thread perfectly.

So did I unless you can pull up my post where I demand a source? I understand your thread perfectly.

You quoted and misinterpreted my post saying that you do not see it as a big deal to ask for a source. You misunderstand my post because I never said "ASK" for source but "DEMAND" for source. Please re-read my post because I did not say anything "ask" but "demand".

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?

Your own post:
hmmm... Jolie_77 asked me for source on one of my own recipe. I didn't get upset like some of you did because I do not see it as a big deal.

*nodding agreement* I noticed that they screw into ADer´s mouth in harshly way when they demand for source/link to doubt their posts.

It would be different story if they ask you in friendly way for a source then reply back to them in friendly way that you don´t have any source/link to prove them but you know those story from magazine or friends, etc or don´t have English source/link.

Yes, I has to agree that we should use our common sense either we beleive or not. Yes, prove the source/link is not obligation because you did not copy and paste anything from other websites but your own word. If they don´t like what they see then not post.

Back