Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?

Why didn't you explain two different things in first place, this way it'll be very clearly understanding???

YESSSSS ofc we will HAVE TO wait for Alex as I heard they are on processing to set up rules about it.

You edited your first post... to add second sentence...

You get it at last... That's what I am trying to say repeat since my first thread that I share the information what I know from reading or heard... , not copy and paste... It's an exactly what I question about.

:ty: for answer my question at last...

Okay, we wait for Alex's reply...

Why didn't you explain two different things in first place, this way it'll be very clearly understanding???

Have you read the title of this thread?

"Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?"

YESSSSS ofc we will HAVE TO wait for Alex as I heard they are on processing to set up rules about it.

Okay, like what Alex said in his rule to use good common sense when we want to spread the story/information from reading the magazines/local newspaper when it doesn't go to websites automatic.

hmmm ... are you pointing at me that I asked for source??? Where did I ask for it? If I were you, I wouldn't post any stories here if I don't have any support english sourse to prove it because I'm respecting Alex's forum!!! If I really need to share the stories then I would post in German websites. That's easy.

Exactly :) Because you ask for source, not my word. What should I do because I don't have English source to support my claim?

How do you feel when you "accuse" me for false information when I know about my country and want source to prove it. If you prefer source than my word, then you have it because the source, I provide here because there're no English link to prove to support my claim about Panda Bears.

If you complaint about want to have source then you have it without my story because I don't have any English website to support my claim.

Look an example what and how I share my story about my country when there're no English source to prove you. None of ADer complain about my story but support my thread and share their feeling and concern about big Gas Explosion.

We will visit Lehrberg this weekend to make update in my thread... now demand source????? then I *zip my mouth* and won't post in my thread because you demand source to prove it.

Check this link of my story about Heavy Gas explosion in Lehrberg, Germany because there're no English websites. Nobody complaint about this. :) until suddenly anyone demand for source... :( - Please read this link.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/33951-heavy-gas-explosion-lehrberg-germany.html

Understand?

*sigh*

hmmm ... are you pointing at me that I asked for source???Where did I ask for it?

Please use common sense that I did not point YOU in accusation way but talk generally.

If I were you, I wouldn't post any stories here if I don't have any support english sourse to prove it because I'm respecting Alex's forum!!! If I really need to share the stories then I would post in German websites. That's easy.

Are you saying that I posted the story about my hometown over Gas Explosion is a disrespectful because there;re no English websites that you can't read but my story? It look like that source is important than my story? Nobody complaint including Alex and moderators... until few months ago... *shake my head sigh*

I can see that you show no respect where I come from and want share my story about my non-English country. All what you say is respect Alex's forum. *speechless*

I see no freedom of speech if I want to share about my non-English country with no English websites to prove it.

Okay, I don't bother to update about Gas Explosion in my hometown because English source have to demand here than my story.

*sigh*

Well the question you asked wasn't clear. Then in your first post is about mentioned laws. I believe that's the problem. The point we are talking about is alldeaf forum is public. OKay ....say supposely if any authors from magazines or local newspapers saw the posts here that doesn't including sources and they could report about it then Alex might get into trouble. Because alldeaf forum is very publicly opening for anyone to see. That's something that we need to be careful because we want to respect Alex.

Btw ... I'm NOT interesting to continue talking about it because it goes nowhere for you to get it. I will stop now and just wait till we hear about new rules for alldeaf.

Have you read the title of this thread?

"Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?"

Okay, like what Alex said in his rule to use good common sense when we want to spread the story/information from reading the magazines/local newspaper when it doesn't go to websites automatic.

Alex has just posted a new rule: Click to read the new rule.

Yes, I agree with Alex's rules for not paste/copy from other websites over here without credit their name or their permission but this thread, I create is different. It's about magazines and newspapers, I referring to, not websites.

Not copy and paste from magazine and newspaper but spread the positive information/story to help anyone.

Well the question you asked wasn't clear. Then in your first post is about mentioned laws. I believe that's the problem.

Yes, that's right. We know the law that we should not copy and paste full article from magazine or newspapers without name which magazine, credit the name of magazine, etc. but just share the story/information what we know from reading without copy and paste fully. That's what I want to question about.

The point we are talking about is alldeaf forum is public. OKay ....say supposely if any authors from magazines or local newspapers saw the posts here that doesn't including sources and they could report about it then Alex might get into trouble. Because alldeaf forum is very publicly opening for anyone to see. That's something that we need to be careful because we want to respect Alex.

Yes, I know. It's not what I am talking about. I am not talking about copy and paste the stuff from magazine and newspaper but share the story what we learn from the magazine which is good education for all of us.

Yes I agree and want to respect Alex's Forum, that's why I am here to question about spread the information/story from reading the magazine and newspapers. That's what I questioned my boss, my friends and co-workers since yesterday. They said it's legal because I want to warn or help the people with those information what and how I learn from magazine or newspapers because the people want us spread their information out to help anyone.

Liebling, if you are going to translate, you should at least explain that you were going to translate and provide the actual article/source you are translating.

Is it legal for me to translate German article into English? If I translate into English which mean is my own word? :confused:

That question you will have to ask Alex instead Brian or any of us. Same does the title you asked as well. That is simple thing to do. Agree?

Is it legal for me to translate German article into English? If I translate into English which mean is my own word? :confused:

That question you will have to ask Alex instead Brian or any of us. Same does the title you asked as well. That is simple thing to do. Agree?

Is it harm to question Brian's suggestion? It's me, Brian referred to with his suggestion, so I quoted his post to question him.

Yes, let Alex read our posts... :)

Yes it "might" be harm to do it because that would be trolling! I don't want Brain or anyone get tempt into trolling by your question that's relating to alldeaf. There is alldeaf rules about NO TROLLING allow! We all have been trying so hard to be nice to you. I'm definitely DONE here in this thread. Good night!

Is it harm to question Brian's suggestion? It's me, Brian referred to with his suggestion, so I quoted his post to question him.

Yes, let Alex read our posts... :)

Yes it "might" be harm to do it because that would be trolling! I don't want Brain or anyone get tempt into trolling by your question that's relating to alldeaf. There is alldeaf rules about NO TROLLING allow! We all have been trying so hard to be nice to you. I'm definitely DONE here in this thread. Good night!

:confused: I do not see anything that I break AD rules for those simple and harmless questions. Those questions, I made is not trolling but request for an information or answer because I want to make sure and fair.

I has the right to ask the questions, I feel like to. The questions, we want to ask is not criminal, trolling or whatever.

If you don't like my questions toward Brian's suggestion or anyone then don't quote my post. This is a simple.

I am allow to voice my POV with agree to disagree when we see differently instead of follow their own ways. Its about respect each other.

I also allow to question anyone if I want to get an information/reply to make sure as well.

Now this is kind of tricky.

Many publishing firms (such as NYT.com, LATimes.com, AP.org, Reuters.com etc) prohibit us from modifying/altering any of their contents. So, translating into another language would mean you modified it. But since this is Alex's bulletin-board, he can decide whatever he thinks is right.

If you summed up an article from a magazine or newspaper in your own words and posted it here, then it is OK and not necessary to cite the source.

:ty: for answer my question, Alex. That's exactly what I thought so. You said exact same what my boss, friends and co-workers said.

I was like puzzled because I know it's legal to share from what I reading with my own word WITHOUT copy and paste... so I created a thread to check with you all and was like puzzled and thought that I could be wrong so I check with my friends, co-workers and boss to make sure. They said what I said is right... I am waiting for your reply, Alex. I am glad that you post here, Alex.

*Phew*...

:ty:

How about scan the magazine or local newspaper via scanner and post it on AD?

I prefer to find source via online instead of magazines or local newspaper, plus I don't have scanner and don't need it.

How about scan the magazine or local newspaper via scanner and post it on AD?

It's not obligation but why not if you want to. Read Alex's post #58.

Yes I scan some magazines in several threads before.

I prefer to find source via online instead of magazines or local newspaper, plus I don't have scanner and don't need it.

Yes, it's your preference.

It's up to you if you prefer to find source from websites over magazines or local newspapers as long as you don't copy and paste full article from websites, magazines or local newspapers without get their permission or credit their names. If you want to spread the information or story what you know from reading something then is okay because it's your own words, not copy their writing. (see Alex's post #58)

There're many German websites but some doesn't go into English websites. Some from magazines/local newspaper also doesn't go to websites as well.

Back