Is share the story from magazines or local newspapers with anyone or to Forum legal?

If this going to be only part of it then you might need to leave footnotes where you got it from. Don't you agree too? If you take a look at Wiki websites, you'll notice alot of footnotes there on the bottom.

Yes, I agree. Not sure how I forgot to mention that before. :-/

If the article cannot be read online, just post a portion of the article and cite the source. A few sentences or a paragraph at the most. It is illegal to republish a full article without permission.

Or a summary of the article and then cite the source.

Yes I agree that it´s illegal to type and copy full article without credit their name or provide the link but I just share the story what I know from magazine without type and copy full article. Something like that... I read full article from magazine and said to myself.. ."What a sad story, anyone should get warn to protect themselves from something" then just type myself the story short without copy full article... Something like that... "Oh my dear, I read the sad story from magazine (name which magazine) and would like share sad story with you all and want to warn you..... Please keep your drink with you all the time and never leave drink on the table alone in disco... let me tell you why... because something was add in the drink to make girl black out... It´s all what I type myself to warn you all which is good educational WITHOUT type and copy full article.

Dear ADers

I hope you get what I am trying to explain about.

:nods:

I did the same thing back in 2003, I posted an article from Reader's Digest and I also citing the source/issue and credit the original author who wrote the article.

Here's my thread .

Yes you have to provide the source because you pasted FULL article from magazine.

I just read and share the story to warn anyone without copy what they write. That´s what I am trying to say.

My friends and co-workers agree with me that it´s not plagarism when I want to share the story what I know from magazine. It´s legal to share the story with anyone as long as I do not type and copy full article from magazine. If I want to copy full article then I have to credit it.

As you want only source, not my story...

I would like to share the story what I read from German website about Panda Bears because you can´t read German article and don´t have English websites to prove you all.

As you demand the source then fine with me... You read source yourself, not my word because you want source to prove it.

Here is link of Panda bears murder, then you can read those link yourself because you want source, not my word.

Enjoy :D

Fahndungserfolg: Panda-Mord: Es waren die Nachbarn
© ZEIT online, Tagesspiegel | 04.03.2008 23:50

Sie wurden mit aufgeschlitzten Bäuchen in ihrem Gehege gefunden: Der Tod von zwei Kleinen Pandas im Nürnberger Zoo gab der Polizei lange Rätsel auf. Jetzt hat sie offenbar die Täter ermittelt.

Zwei Kleine Pandas im Nürnberger Tiergarten sind vermutlich von den im selben Gehege gehaltenen Muntjak-Hirschen getötet worden. Zwei Wochen nach dem Vorfall seien andere Todesursachen ausgeschlossen, so dass diese Variante die wahrscheinlichste sei, teilte die Stadt Nürnberg mit. Das zehnjährige Pandamännchen und das dreijährige Weibchen waren am 18. Februar mit aufgerissenem Bauch entdeckt worden.

Die Muntjaks hätten wohl die Katzenbären getötet. "Entweder durch die spitzen oberen Eckzähne oder durch die sehr scharfen Krallen, die ebenfalls von den Muntjaks als Waffen eingesetzt werden", heißt es in einer städtischen Mitteilung. Aus Sicherheitsgründen werde der Tiergarten vorerst auf die gemeinsame Haltung von Roten Pandas und Muntjaks verzichten.

Unerklärbar bleibt aber, weshalb die Pandas zeitgleich durch nahezu identische Verletzungen getötet wurden, räumt die Stadt ein. Pandas und Muntjaks leben seit zehn Jahren im selben Gehege. Deshalb war zunächst ausgeschlossen worden, dass die kleinen Hirsche verantwortlich für den Tod der Katzenbären waren. (feh/dpa)

: Fahndungserfolg: Panda-Mord: Es waren die Nachbarn | ZEIT online

As long as we follow Alex´s rule to use common sense because you can´t read German websites and don´t have English websites to support my claim. I use my common sense and want to share the story what I know from the German news about Panda bears. All what you want to see source then read it yourself because you think I mislead the story or information.

Yes you have to provide the source because you pasted FULL article from magazine.

I just read and share the story to warn anyone without copy what they write. That´s what I am trying to say.

My friends and co-workers agree with me that it´s not plagarism when I want to share the story what I know from magazine. It´s legal to share the story with anyone as long as I do not type and copy full article from magazine. If I want to copy full article then I have to credit it.

Although to be fair here, It doesn't matter if you're not typing up the 'full' article, yes it is still plagerism if the source isn't cited since some people do use incorrect information just to make others believe it's true.

Sorry this won't help at least 99% of us members and guests to understand what are you trying to prove. This alldeaf forum is created by Alex, an american.

As you want only source, not my story...

I would like to share the story what I read from German website about Panda Bears because you can´t read German article and don´t have English websites to prove you all.

As you demand the source then fine with me... You read source yourself, not my word because you want source to prove it.

Here is link of Panda bears murder, then you can read those link yourself because you want source, not my word.

Enjoy :D

Fahndungserfolg: Panda-Mord: Es waren die Nachbarn
© ZEIT online, Tagesspiegel | 04.03.2008 23:50

: Fahndungserfolg: Panda-Mord: Es waren die Nachbarn | ZEIT online

As long as we follow Alex´s rule to use common sense because you can´t read German websites and don´t have English websites to support my claim. I use my common sense and want to share the story what I know from the German news about Panda bears. All what you want to see source then read it yourself because you think I mislead the story or information.

Eventho if not full but just PARTIAL, it would be called "footnotes" therefore it should be shown footnotes in posts. This is what I believe as part of copyrights by law. Liebling, have you heard of footnotes?

Although to be fair here, It doesn't matter if you're not typing up the 'full' article, yes it is still plagerism if the source isn't cited since some people do use incorrect information just to make others believe it's true.

Sorry this won't help at least 99% of us members and guests to understand what are you trying to prove. This alldeaf forum is created by Alex, an american.

Alex did not say that this forum is for Americans only. Everyone in the world are welcome to register his forum. :)

I am not an American but I am welcome to join Alex's Forum and can share what I know from my country. ;) If you demand the source then you have it and read it without get the story from me because you want source, not my word. ;)

Eventho if not full but just PARTIAL, it would be called "footnotes" therefore it should be shown footnotes in posts. This is what I believe as part of copyrights by law. Liebling, have you heard of footnotes?

For your information, I know what copyrights and footnotes is about. I feel like to make a story what I know from my German magazine and name German magazine/footnotes. The stories they made in magazine to false their real name to protect their real name. They want us to spread their sad stories to help everyone.

I questioned my boss few minutes ago. He agreed with me that I made a story is not copyright because I did not copy full article what the magazine written but I only spread the information to help the people which is a good educational.

Respectfully disagree.

No matter either it's correct or incorrect information but use your common sense on any stories.

Example: shares the story what and how we learn from read the newspaper or magazine when it doesn't go to websites about alocholic, abortion, law, Rape Kit, Education, etc. etc. etc. in positive way... like we "gossip" in real life what we know from reading, etc. it doesn the same "gossip" to online people what we know from reading.

If you think the story, I want to share about Panda bear is incorrect information then you can read the source, I provide because you want source, not my word.

hmmm ... I did NOT say this forum is for Americans. Don't assume that I said that. I'm saying Alex is an american and this forum usually in english for us to be able to read. Ofc non americans are VERY welcome to join here and read here.

Alex did not say that this forum is for Americans only. Everyone in the world are welcome to register his forum. :)

I am not an American but I am welcome to join Alex's Forum and can share what I know from my country. ;) If you demand the source then you have it and read it without get the story from me because you want source, not my word. ;)

What does your boss has to do with this forum. It's Alex and it's up to him. Shall we wait and see what he has to say when he's ready???

Ofc you can share any stories what you've read or heard if you use your own words. That's fine with us. But if you copy and paste a line or few from any articles, then it should post including footnotes or even link. Undy the different?

For your information, I know what copyrights and footnotes is about. I feel like to make a story what I know from my German magazine and name German magazine/footnotes. The stories they made in magazine to false their real name to protect their real name. They want us to spread their sad stories to help everyone.

I questioned my boss few minutes ago. He agreed with me that I made a story is not copyright because I did not copy full article what the magazine written but I only spread the information to help the people which is a good educational.

hmmm ... I did NOT say this forum is for Americans. Don't assume that I said that. I'm saying Alex is an american and this forum usually in english for us to be able to read. Ofc non americans are VERY welcome to join here and read here.

I only give you an example since you said Alex is an American and want us to provide English source only. We (non-English) don't have English websites to prove you and share with you all here about our countries.

If I want to share the information about my country then post German source in English Forum because you ask for source when there're no English source to prove you.

Is it not freedom of speech to share about our non-English countries when we don't have any English source to prove it or you can't read non-English magazine/newspaper?

What does your boss has to do with this forum. It's Alex and it's up to him. Shall we wait and see what he has to say when he's ready???

:confused: you interpreted my post in wrong way. I never say about Forum but plagiarism and copyrights law.

I questioned my boss about plagiarism and copyrights law, not Forum.

Ofc you can share any stories what you've read or heard if you use your own words. That's fine with us. But if you copy and paste a line or few from any articles, then it should post including footnotes or even link. Undy the different?

You edited your first post... to add second sentence...

You get it at last... That's what I am trying to say repeat since my first thread that I share the information what I know from reading or heard... , not copy and paste... It's an exactly what I question about.

:ty: for answer my question at last...

Okay, we wait for Alex's reply...

How is this hard not to post snippets from articles or just post the sources/links for the viewers to click read the rest? See example.

If you saw an article in a magazine and wanted to share with the viewers, do a search for the article, if it is not available, get in contact with the magazine publishers for permission to post.

I have noticed a lot of image hotlinkings here. This is considered stealing bandwidth and forcing the image hosters pay more out of their own pockets.

Sorry ... that's the reason I didn't join German website because I wouldn't understand there. I'm here because I can understand english. Don't you think how will Alex and/or MODS feel when you brought up the German source. How will they understanding German language in that source you provide???? It wouldn't be fair to them.

I only give you an example since you said Alex is an American and want us to provide English source only. We (non-English) don't have English websites to prove you and share with you all here about our countries.

If I want to share the information about my country then post German source in English Forum because you ask for source when there're no English source to prove you.

Is it not freedom of speech to share about our non-English countries when we don't have any English source to prove it or you can't read non-English magazine/newspaper?

Yeah, Sunshine1. I agree it wouldn't be fair to post non-native language that they may not understand a bit of it.

Brian's post
Yeah, Sunshine1. I agree it wouldn't be fair to post non-native language that they may not understand a bit of it.

Sorry ... that's the reason I didn't join German website because I wouldn't understand there. I'm here because I can understand english. Don't you think how will Alex and/or MODS feel when you brought up the German source. How will they understanding German language in that source you provide???? It wouldn't be fair to them.

Exactly :) Because you ask for source, not my word. What should I do because I don't have English source to support my claim?

How do you feel when you "accuse" me for false information when I know about my country and want source to prove it. If you prefer source than my word, then you have it because the source, I provide here because there're no English link to prove to support my claim about Panda Bears.

If you complaint about want to have source then you have it without my story because I don't have any English website to support my claim.

Look an example what and how I share my story about my country when there're no English source to prove you. None of ADer complain about my story but support my thread and share their feeling and concern about big Gas Explosion.

We will visit Lehrberg this weekend to make update in my thread... now demand source????? then I *zip my mouth* and won't post in my thread because you demand source to prove it.

Check this link of my story about Heavy Gas explosion in Lehrberg, Germany because there're no English websites. Nobody complaint about this. :) until suddenly anyone demand for source... :( - Please read this link.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/33951-heavy-gas-explosion-lehrberg-germany.html

Understand?

Liebling, if you are going to translate, you should at least explain that you were going to translate and provide the actual article/source you are translating.

Back