Is Mayflower Sprouting a Bud?

:applause: Congratulations :applause:

I know you both would be wonderful parents.... I am really very happy for you both...

leb.gif
leb.gif
leb.gif
leb.gif
leb.gif

Levonian said:
It’s official: Mayflower is 5 weeks pregnant, and the due date is December 19. :applause: I’m gonna be a very nervous monkey for the next few months. :Ohno: We still have to get past the first trimester and the amniocentesis hurdle. If it’s a Down Syndrome baby, we will abort. :( You may be seeing a lot less of me in the next few weeks and months, as I’m going to have to start busting my ass to get some stuff done and get a bigger cash flow going. I won’t have much time for my beloved message boards anymore. But alldeaf is still my number one board, so if I have just a little time for chatting, I’ll stop by here first. :thumb:

Mayflower and Levonian,
I understand about your concern about Down Syndrome baby.

I would like to share mine with you.

My good friend (Godmother of my 2nd son) had a healthy daughter when she was 43 years old. She´s not only one... I withnessed alot of Germans had healthy babies from 40 years old.

Italian lady had a healthy son when she was 60 years old at 20 years ago and 67 years old Rumunian lady had a healthy daughter at few months ago.

I will respect you both because it´s your own decision either you want to keep Down Syndrome baby or not. I know you both make right decision what you doing the best for the future.

Bullym0m said:
Don't abort.. Down Syndrome... Can be smart a child.. who knows..
Down Syndrome is cute and adorable. Can be fun too.. worth experience challenge.
Up to you.... Rest of you guys congrats!! Be faith for 9 mos preggy term. :)

God gifted you happiness new seeds family....

Yes, I´m agree that Down Synodrome could be smart child and also cute but but but..... I often met Down Synodrome people. It´s not alway fun... It´s not easy for Down Synodrome to play with normal children. All what the parents do is share with other parents of their Down Synodrome children then they can play together.

Down Syndrome people need accompany and live with their parents rest of their lives. What Down Syndrome people do if their parents are not around? Where will they live? There´re many lists, you have to think twice about their future. It´s not very easy for the parents to deal Down Syndrome children.

I have 30 years old Down Syndrome lady next the road where I live. She lived with her parents. She walked hand in hand with her mother like a child. She work at handicapped warehouse. The bus took and bring her there and here every day.

Oh yes, one Down Syndrome named Bobby is an actor on German TV. He is over 40 years old and really cuteee... I love to watch him on the TV... I read about him. He is living with his brother. I will add the link about him when I find in websites.

Liebling:-))) said:
Mayflower and Levonian,
I understand about your concern about Down Syndrome baby.

I would like to share mine with you.

My good friend (Godmother of my 2nd son) had a healthy daughter when she was 43 years old. She´s not only one... I withnessed alot of Germans had healthy babies from 40 years old.

Italian lady had a healthy son when she was 60 years old at 20 years ago and 67 years old Rumunian lady had a healthy daughter at few months ago.

I will respect you both because it´s your own decision either you want to keep Down Syndrome baby or not. I know you both make right decision what you doing the best for the future.

:werd: Try to think positive and pray for a healthy child...

Hey Lev and Mayflower Congrats on being preggy.. Best of luck..
Mayflower pls take easy and get plenty of rests and have Lev to take care of you wink

PurrMeow

First of all congrats! Second, I am a Special Education teacher and I have a little down syndrome boy in my class. He is so cute and sweet. I think either way, healthy or down syndrome baby, the best thing you could ever do is start their education when they are very young. I know it sounds mean to make them learn before they even have to start school, but there are so many ways to teach kids so that they will not even feel like they are being taught. Just make it fun for them.

There was an actor named Chris Burke who has DS....he was on the show "Life Goes On". A great actor for someone like him. :) If Chris can make it successfully in his own way, so can another DS kid. :) I think they all are very sweet and affectionate people...I noticed alot of them likes to hug. :)

Here's a website about Chris: http://www.arcark.org/chrisburkeweb.htm

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!! Mayflower and Levonian!! Im real happy for you
both! Be sure to let us know later the sex of the child when you have
the sonogram! again....congrats!!

wow, congratulations. Think positive... relax and take things easy.

can't wait to meet the little chimpazee.

Nancy said:
There was an actor named Chris Burke who has DS....he was on the show "Life Goes On". A great actor for someone like him. :) If Chris can make it successfully in his own way, so can another DS kid. :) I think they all are very sweet and affectionate people...I noticed alot of them likes to hug. :)

Here's a website about Chris: http://www.arcark.org/chrisburkeweb.htm
thank you nancy i was gonna google that up but u beat me to it !

that was another thought i had about that!

glad that there's more and more research on the babies and all the health factors surrounding it... all i can say lev and mayflower love ur little angels no matter what!

thiey may be chimps but thier lovable! :)

*does happy dance* YAYY!! *imitates Kermit The Frog* congrats you two... may there be plenty of joy...

There may be problems. :( There is something wrong with Mayflower's blood tests, but we won't know anything until Monday at the earliest. The blood tests are showing that she's not pregnant, even though 3 urine tests were positive. Since she's not having her period, and she is showing signs of pregnancy, a very real and very scary possibility is that the pregnancy is ectopic. But we won't know anything without more blood tests and an ultrasound. We'll keep you all posted.

Levonian said:
Excellent link, thanks. :thumb: The more I research the subject, the less concerned I’m becoming. I’ll post some more about it soon when I have some time.

Welcome :thumb:

Im praying for Mayflower and you - I hope that you all will be okay and that she is safe and not in any trouble - keep us informed.

Levonian said:
There may be problems. :( There is something wrong with Mayflower's blood tests, but we won't know anything until Monday at the earliest. The blood tests are showing that she's not pregnant, even though 3 urine tests were positive. Since she's not having her period, and she is showing signs of pregnancy, a very real and very scary possibility is that the pregnancy is ectopic. But we won't know anything without more blood tests and an ultrasound. We'll keep you all posted.

yikes!!!
i knew someone who had ectopic pregnancy and it was NO FUN :( ... hope it is nothing like that... sheesh... the waiting sure sucks! :( keep us posted :hug:

Back