Iran will do military exercise on how to close Strait of Hormuz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy...ok. China is currently ranked as second most powerful country in the world - that's who Iran has on their side. I admire the pride and confidence of the Americans but wonder if they're aware of how unstable their economy is getting.

Top 10 Most Powerful Countries In 2011 | Sublime Oblivion

I'm not doubting your assessment, but, as I said before, China doesn't want a war because they get 70% of their oil from Iran. If Iran gets taken over, where do they get the oil to fight? It's not like the oil fields would be the last thing that gets touched.

Yes, the U.S. can be defeated militarily, but we have powerful friends as well, including Canada.

I'm not doubting your assessment, but, as I said before, China doesn't want a war because they get 70% of their oil from Iran. If Iran gets taken over, where do they get the oil to fight? It's not like the oil fields would be the last thing that gets touched.

Yes, the U.S. can be defeated militarily, but we have powerful friends as well, including Canada.

nope. China has over 3,000 years of history. They know everything. They're Sun Tzu.

To think that it's simply because of oil is comical. Just saying.

There is always money for WAR. Just take it from the social programs and education.

Our social and education programs can't entirely fund the USA military as much as those hawks would like it to happen. In fact if I'm not mistaken, the military budget dwarfs both our social and education budget put together.

Well, historically, wherever there is an uprising, price of oil goes up. It happened three times this year -

In April 2011, an attack on an Egyptian pipeline shut off fuel to Jordan and Israel. And Yemen oil exports STOPPED after an attack on one of their pipelines in March 2011.

In April 2011, three explosions rocked Iranian pipelines.

The price of oil jumped every time. When Saudi Arabia cut off their oil to the US back in the 70s, price of oil quadrupled.

The Mid-East into divided into Sunnis and Shiittes...they HATE each other and have been fighting each other for ....over a thousand years at least.

The withdrawal of American military in the Mid-East will mean increased fighting between those two factions and that's what I'm worried about, far more than the supposed threat against Israel.

Here's a map of the mid-East, divided into Shiites and Sunnis dominions, it would give you an idea of which countries will most likely band together in war. If one knows the history of the mid-East going back 2 thousand years, Shias stick with Shias, Sunnis stick with Sunnis. This is why in the news, they're so worried about Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria supporting Iran. Iran right now is the epicenter of Shia.

So, I'd imagine the Western world is plotting right now how to prevent Shia support from reaching Iran.

Pilgrimage to Karbala ~ Sunni and Shia: The Worlds of Islam | Wide Angle | PBS

nope. China has over 3,000 years of history. They know everything. They're Sun Tzu.

To think that it's simply because of oil is comical. Just saying.

I have his book. And, your right, it's not just about oil. However, it's big part of it.

I have his book. And, your right, it's not just about oil. However, it's big part of it.

no. not really. You think Chinese would put all of its eggs in one basket? They knew better. So did Middle Easterners. That's why they're expert in economy.

3,000+ years of experience. can't beat that. not even Americans.

no. not really. You think Chinese would put all of its eggs in one basket? They knew better. So did Middle Easterners. That's why they're expert in economy.

That's right. EMP can destroy us, but not them.

I agree that history will repeat itself.

However, history does not make you smart, it makes you complacent. The French thought they had the best system for making wine and they were proved wrong in 1976 when they hosted an American wine tasting (tasted by french judges).

You cannot compare the modern world to what it was like in even WWI, it's not the same thing.

And, I didn't see the Japanese having a problem with China's 3000+ year history during WWII. So, yes, you can beat that.

I understand that the Chinese people use a lot of vacuum tubes in their machinery, and it seems laughable until you realize that EMP cannot affect them. :hmm:

I'm a Jewish leftist, and I generally support Israel, but I am not a radical zionist, and I am ashamed about what I hear from both extreme anti-zionists and hard core zionists. I had a conversation, that I will post down here, that was held exclusively by leftists. The things Republican evangelicals and many orthodox jews...scares me.

And yes, war is a lose lose situation for EVERYONE.

However, history does not make you smart, it makes you complacent. The French thought they had the best system for making wine and they were proved wrong in 1976 when they hosted an American wine tasting (tasted by french judges). Saw that movie :) "Bottle Shock"

You cannot compare the modern world to what it was like in even WWI, it's not the same thing.

And, I didn't see the Japanese having a problem with China's 3000+ year history during WWII. So, yes, you can beat that.

Well, China is more powerful than Japan now so I guess you can.

However, history does not make you smart, it makes you complacent. The French thought they had the best system for making wine and they were proved wrong in 1976 when they hosted an American wine tasting (tasted by french judges).

compare? I didn't compare anything. I merely said they knew everything better than Americans and that's why their civilizations are over 3,000 years old. Am I confident that USA will reach 500 years old? the way we are arrogant and disillusioned about ourselves? nope!

because we work together, not against. something that America needs to learn one day.

China has been throwing a few flirtatious winks at Canada..... They are attracted to the oil find there....

Yeah, we did. When we did these atomic test explosions on U.S. soil did we learn about EMP and its devastating effects on electronics.

Earliest History

The fact that an electromagnetic pulse is produced by a nuclear explosion was known since the very first days of nuclear weapons testing, but the magnitude of the EMP and the significance of its effects were not realized for some time.1

During the first United States nuclear test in 1945, electronic equipment was shielded due to Enrico Fermi's expectation of an electromagnetic pulse from the detonation. The official technical history for that first nuclear test states, "We can understand the difficulty of transmitting signals during the explosion when we consider that the gamma rays from the reaction will ionize the air and other material within hundreds of yards. Fermi has calculated that the ensuing removal of the natural electrical potential gradient in the atmosphere will be equivalent to a large bolt of lightning striking that vicinity. . . . All signal lines were completely shielded, in many cases doubly shielded. In spite of this many records were lost because of spurious pickup at the time of the explosion that paralyzed the recording equipment."4
Electromagnetic Pulse History - Futurescience.com

:wave:

downloader.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back