Institutions for Deaf with problem social ??

Mrs Buckett: not sure who "we" are-- supposedly disbelieving anything I type? Are you the same person that wanted to chat with me?

Cheers to a neighbour in our small town of Toronto and hope you can believe that something I keyed: that 1 + 1 = 2.

Clear?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

"We" would be the Deaf members of AD. Isn't that obvious?

Mrs Buckett: not sure who "we" are-- supposedly disbelieving anything I type? Are you the same person that wanted to chat with me?

drphil, if I can spell your name correctly, you can spell my name correctly.

The majority of members here do not believe anything you say. You do not believe in ASL and do not see the purpose of using it. You won't bother using the language and I wonder why you are here when you do not believe in Deaf Culture itself.

I offered to meet with you and you, yourself, told me you would not meet "weirdos, freaks" off the internet.

Toronto is far from a small or quaint town, its a major metropolitian city where a LOT of Deaf and DeafBlind people live in. How you manage to bypass so many Deaf people when they converse in ASL on the TTC or the streets of Toronto, you must wonder what they are talking about.

I do not believe anything you say because I read between your sentences, you come here because you are lonely, trapped between two worlds. I actually pity you because when a person persistently states they are "Off to the real world", it is actually a fictionalized part of their mind.

I wish you well in body, mind and spirit.. really I do.

Thanks for advising the "real" reason for Jillio postings- winning the prize! Mercenary?

Considering that you joined only a few months later than her does suggests she has "lots of spare time to answer" in comparison to you.

Cheers

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony(Regretfully)activated Aug/07
Great job to research all the angles. Shows you have initiative.

The totals might also reflect that I rarely speak unless it is good. Some people have more to say, and they need more places to say it. I remain a humble man with few agendas.

Great job to research all the angles. Shows you have initiative.

The totals might also reflect that I rarely speak unless it is good.
Some people have more to say, and they need more places to say it. I remain a humble man with few agendas.

Unless, of course, you are replying to a certain political poster who has been absent for some time.:P

Mrs Bucket: sorry for adding the extra "t" in your user name.

I have lived in the Toronto since 1962 and have only saw only- one Blind/deaf person at Cdn Hearing Society a few years ago. I understand there are 2 facilities for Blind/deaf persons near each other which the TTC was considering altering bus times. Apparently there are about 100 persons involved. I don't live anywhere near that section of Toronto.I have seen a few Blind persons using dogs/white canes on the TTC.

As for Deaf/deaf groups apparently part of Bob Rumball centre and Cdn Hearing Society. I know where they are there. Yeah, right I should learn ASL to communicate why the sociological theory-"deafness is cultural" is unpersuasive after reading : A Journey into the DEAF- WORLD.
Footnote: Info from "Ontario Deaf Community": You and your Deaf child, 4th revised edition 2000 page 25 re Education: A Journey into the DEAF-world, Harlan Lane, Robert Hoffmeister, Ben Bahan, 1996 DawnSign Press. Comprehensive presentation of the latest findings and insights into the world of signing Deaf individuals-their language and thought, education,employment. culture and society. This 548 page landmark publication is available in both hard cover and paperback.

Only comment: no mention of the chapter dealing with the eradication of the Deaf by the "hearing community" plus the minor manner of Cochlear Implant being an instrument of genocide- I wonder why? Who in the "Deaf community" actually believe this?

Does it pay to read about these things?

As noted above- why let minor things as facts get in one's way!

I keep reminding: I AM BILATERALLY DEAF since December 20, 2006

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
Forgive me drphil, I cannot seem to comprehend your post. Maybe it's your comprehension or it could be the pregnancy hormones. I don't know.

Have a good Sunday!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I had written a long post in reply, but decided it would not be worth it.

CI's will not kill deaf culture. That was just the initial paranoid reaction. Not everyone can have a CI, either $$$$$$$$$$ or medically.

Back