Institutions for Deaf with problem social ??

well in the world of politics-if there is a major problem- "deaf/deaf/blinddeaf persons in prisons" usually widely discussed in newspapers/tv. Correct?

I acknowledge that the us has a much higher incarceration rate than canada which may include the deaf/deaf/blinddeaf persons-exact numbers?

Since alldeaf.com is world-wide is europe /asia/south american countries in the same positions having "excess" persons incarcerated in their prisons who are deaf/deaf/blinddeaf?

Don't recall if the ontario association for the deaf have made any comment on this "problem" either.

Is it just a "computer discussion" here only? I have mentioned before-not having been in prison-no direct knowledge of how many/if any persons-deaf/deaf/blinddeaf are incarcerated.

Implanted advanced bionics-harmony activated aug/07

stfu

Agreed sallylou. And that "word salad" is one of the criteria used in diagnosing a very serious mental disorder. I am beginning to wonder seriously...

I have been wondering the same thing and I don't think it's age related.

Really-Excessive verbiage from Jillio? Is the number of posts in less than 5 years- 42,403 indicate something?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Given the fact that she specializes in counseling for the deaf, and there are very few people who do that, her level of participation on this board is an indication of how much she cares.

Really-Excessive verbiage from Jillio? Is the number of posts in less than 5 years- 42,403 indicate something?

Yes. It indicates that I have many friends here with whom I chat, and also that I do quite a bit of advocating and correcting of audists and those who have virtually no knowledge of Deaf Culture.:cool2:

You do not fall into the the first category. You seem to have taken up permanent residence in the second.

Given the fact that she specializes in counseling for the deaf, and there are very few people who do that, her level of participation on this board is an indication of how much she cares.

:ty:

Is there another construction to her multiple posts-trying to convince herself the validity of what she keys?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony Activated Aug/07

Is there another construction to her multiple posts-trying to convince herself the validity of what she keys?

No other interpretation. Jillio is very smart and keys valid things.

I have no need to convince myself of the validity of what I post. I am absolutely certain of what I post, or I would not post it. You might try the same approach.

Jillio: isn't that the basis why "everyone" posts whatever here? They believe what they say. Correct?

Hi to all,

thank you for your reply...
I take time to reply, it is because i communicate by mail, i find somethings.. In UK, it have an association for deaf in prisons. I dont know clear what is it. Also normally in USA, it have also an organization for that.... Not yet clear...
Yes, you are right for 2 months, it is not enought.. Maybe i will do for few months after my study on 2013. To see how is in another country.....

Midnightsun, ah in USA, the deaf are separate of hearing.. Good idea yes, but if deaf want to be with hearing, he can ?
With only deaf, is it more problem (world is little, all know all), more gossip ?

I find one website : some address of persons prisons, and we can communicate with them by letter...

Mrs Buckett: not sure who "we" are-- supposedly disbelieving anything I type? Are you the same person that wanted to chat with me?

Cheers to a neighbour in our small town of Toronto and hope you can believe that something I keyed: that 1 + 1 = 2.

Clear?

Last edited:
Hi Aurelie: hope you got enough information to assist you in planning your 2 month study of problems.
Try not to be overwhelmed!

Much success Aurelie in the near future.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony(regretfully)activated Aug/07
You are aware of the $50,000 prize for the first member to hit 50,000 posts?

Thanks for advising the "real" reason for Jillio postings- winning the prize! Mercenary?

Considering that you joined only a few months later than her does suggests she has "lots of spare time to answer" in comparison to you.

Cheers

Jillio: isn't that the basis why "everyone" posts whatever here? They believe what they say. Correct?

The difference being, I, and most others on this board, have the knowledge, the life experience, and the education to support what we say regarding cultural matters with the deaf/Deaf. You do not. Therefore, our beliefs can be supported with evidence. Yours are based on nothing more than your very limited experience with cultural matters, and therefore, cannot be supported. In fact, they can easily be found to be in error.

Back