Institutions for Deaf with problem social ??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I had written a long post in reply, but decided it would not be worth it.

CI's will not kill deaf culture. That was just the initial paranoid reaction. Not everyone can have a CI, either $$$$$$$$$$ or medically.

Exactly. Nor do CIs prevent individuals from being a part of the culture. Most CI users realize that the CI does not make them hearing, and they still deal with the same issues they encountered pre-CI.

drphil, if I can spell your name correctly, you can spell my name correctly.

The majority of members here do not believe anything you say. You do not believe in ASL and do not see the purpose of using it. You won't bother using the language and I wonder why you are here when you do not believe in Deaf Culture itself.

I offered to meet with you and you, yourself, told me you would not meet "weirdos, freaks" off the internet.

Toronto is far from a small or quaint town, its a major metropolitian city where a LOT of Deaf and DeafBlind people live in. How you manage to bypass so many Deaf people when they converse in ASL on the TTC or the streets of Toronto, you must wonder what they are talking about.

I do not believe anything you say because I read between your sentences, you come here because you are lonely, trapped between two worlds. I actually pity you because when a person persistently states they are "Off to the real world", it is actually a fictionalized part of their mind.

I wish you well in body, mind and spirit.. really I do.

:gpost:

Why would I be "bitter" for becoming Bilaterally deaf-Dec 20/06? I knew it was going to happen-for almost 15 years!

That is why I studied Cochlear Implant/deafness waiting for the "event to occur".

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Sorry. You come off as bitter. Maybe I am misreading it.

Gee - I guess I am also "bilaterally" deaf as well. Do I let it bother me? NO! Do I see a need for ASL? yes!! Do I try to participate in my local Deaf community? Yes!! Do I believe there is a Deaf Culture? Yes!! How long did I know I would be total deaf at some point? 38 years!! Did I ever think about a CI? No way!! Not for me. I'm not a candidate anyway. I would never tell anyone else not to get it for themselves, whoever, they should still learn ASL or BSL or whatever their sign language is for their area.

saywhatkid: You are! Why do think I started the process of getting a Cochlear Implant?

KristinaB: Being unable to "fit the criteria"/don't want a Cochlear Implant does suggest one use sign language-ASL/ BSL etc OR BE A HERMIT.

Again-how one deals with silence/deafness is a personal choice.

Whether one should learn/use ASL is somewhat contingent on the number of persons one knows who can interact from the mutual use of ASL. Assuming one has an Implant. Again a personal choice.

Last edited:
You are! Why do think I started the process of getting a Cochlear Implant?

huh? What? I don't understand. You are not being clear. Try to make sense in your posts. Oh, wait a minute, you were asked, but still haven't figured it out. Most Canadians do know proper English and can make their posts make sense. They also range in a very wide age range, so it's not just age related. I think it's related to you just not caring about how people perceive you and the meaning or intended meanings behind or in your posts. You make no sense at all.

Forgive me drphil, I cannot seem to comprehend your post. Maybe it's your comprehension or it could be the pregnancy hormones. I don't know.

Have a good Sunday!

I don't think it's you. I was like uh? at one of his earlier posts on his thread.

Sorry not pregnant. As for various comments-very interesting reading!
No comment on what others perceive which of course don't seem to fit some of the "prevailing ideological thoughts" articulated here!

Cheers/meow Bottesini from Prof SKY

Sorry not pregnant. As for various comments-very interesting reading!
No comment on what others perceive which of course don't seem to fit some of the "prevailing ideological thoughts" articulated here!

Cheers/meow Bottesini from Prof SKY

Hi, drphil and Professor Sky.

Good morning Bottesini: Prof SKY at the moment-resting. Big job coming up. Watching home while I go to work and beat Mr Clock-swimming.

Prof Sky- Not yet retired to being a full time slacker: just semi retired!

Cheers: found the horse hide chews for your herd of hounds yet?

Implanted Advanced Bionics Harmony activated Aug/07

KristnaB: Read my amended comment-110- AFTER YOUR POSTING--111.

It is hard to comment in advance to potential subsequent posting.

Mrs Bucket: You have mentioned in another thread you are now pregnant with twins. Congratulations.

Read your post #97. I don't have/suffer from pregnancy hormones- Clear enough?

Just trying to inject some humour into this thread...

cry-blow.gif

Back