If you were sent to the 1970s and....

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
you were talking to someone about all the gadgets we have today, what type of reaction do you think they would have?

Like for example:
If I was zapped back to the 1970s and met my mom during her high school years and I said "I need a plug-in to charge my iPhone through my laptop because I lost my wall adapter."

I would expect my mom to say "Do what-the-houdini-dooly-do-what?!?! Have you been institutionalized lately?"

I would imagine they would think we were on some crazy cocaine trip if they heard us talking like we do today not knowing anything about modern culture and technology.

So, what do you think?

I think they would adjust pretty fast. Science fiction predicted lots of it.

Cocaine?? Girl you a baby. You mean acid. lol!!

I'm thinking they would think we were some sort of alien space race that takes on the form of a human being. Kind of like meeting that '3rd Kind' kind of moment.

Cocaine?? Girl you a baby. You mean acid. lol!!

I thought the cocaine epidemic first made it's mark in the 70s but really shot off in the 80s.

I was going to say LSD but I knew that wasn't right! :lol:

OK here we go - she would wonder what I was smoking and if I still had any left of it. :lol:

I'm thinking they would think we were some sort of alien space race that takes on the form of a human being. Kind of like meeting that '3rd Kind' kind of moment.

My Dad love FuManchu comics in the 1940's. It was very advanced in that fictional world.

I think if people would have known about the Internet way back in 1970, and that things they say and/or do could be posted for all to see, they might have conducted themselves very differently! :giggle:

My Dad love FuManchu comics in the 1940's. It was very advanced in that fictional world.

But for them in the 1940s, wasn't science fiction like having jet packs, and having air craft that couldn't be detected by radar, etc?

I know now even by today's standards that even the Jetsons are still pretty advanced. Although we know have moving sidewalks in airports, robots that clean the house (Roomba) and video phones. We still lack the Skyways and flying cars and the goofy looking seamless clothes. I don't think we will have houses suspended in the air anytime soon either. LOL.

But for them in the 1940s, wasn't science fiction like having jet packs, and having air craft that couldn't be detected by radar, etc?

I know now even by today's standards that even the Jetsons are still pretty advanced. Although we know have moving sidewalks in airports, robots that clean the house (Roomba) and video phones. We still lack the Skyways and flying cars and the goofy looking seamless clothes. I don't think we will have houses suspended in the air anytime soon either. LOL.

But I could enjoy it if it happened tomorrow. That's why I think anyone in the seventies would just adapt and love it.

Yup - smokin' would work quite well! lol

Although neither of them would openly admit it, I still think both of my parents smoked weed some in their younger years. Not on a regular basis, but like once in a great while, but still enough to be considered a smoker if that makes any sense. :dizzy:

Yeah, my blood sugar might be off still and I'm coming down with a cold I think.

Well take care of yourself! (like I need to tell ya)

Well take care of yourself! (like I need to tell ya)

Just referring to the fact that I feel like I can bare string together a coherent thought let a lone a coherent sentence! :lol:

you were talking to someone about all the gadgets we have today, what type of reaction do you think they would have?

Like for example:
If I was zapped back to the 1970s and met my mom during her high school years and I said "I need a plug-in to charge my iPhone through my laptop because I lost my wall adapter."

I would expect my mom to say "Do what-the-houdini-dooly-do-what?!?! Have you been institutionalized lately?"

I would imagine they would think we were on some crazy cocaine trip if they heard us talking like we do today not knowing anything about modern culture and technology.

So, what do you think?

I would tell my mom and dad to invest heavily in stocks for Apple and Microsoft when they are available :) :naughty: Then I would reap the benefits back in my time .

I thought the cocaine epidemic first made it's mark in the 70s but really shot off in the 80s.

I was going to say LSD but I knew that wasn't right! :lol:

OK here we go - she would wonder what I was smoking and if I still had any left of it. :lol:

LSD = acid :)

I would tell my mom and dad to invest heavily in stocks for Apple and Microsoft when they are available :) :naughty: Then I would reap the benefits back in my time .

Yeah, because we would be FILTHY rich right now. We would probably have these massive trust funds that would have been made available to us once we finished college or turned 25.

My gosh, just think of all the things I could have accomplished. But it never happened. No one took either company seriously and now look. :lol: It is always 20/20 in hindsight.

No, LSD = acid, always.

Not that many people actually dropped acid, but smoking pot was very common.

If I were sent to the 1970s.....

I would zoom to the famous (or I should say infamous) Studio 54 in New York City to do boogie dancing with men under the disco ball. Meeting the celebrities there... awesome. LOL

(Technically, I went to Studio 54 in LV and I don't feel the originality there..I don't know why, but I noticed some original stuff were displayed there).

Back