If you were sent to the 1970s and....

If I could go back to the '70's again, I'd tell my young self "Don't worry, chickie, things will work out all right after all."

But I wasn't even born until 1983 so I can't even meet myself and tell me not to do this or that or whatever.

But I would tell my mom to not expect perfection and to not get upset when your family falls short of perfection. I would also encourage her to pursue her dreams so that she wouldn't be so bitter about me trying to pursue mine. She's not exactly supportive because she says she says not everyone's dreams will come true - it's not available. Pick something else. She wants me to stay on the farm because like my aunt, she thinks it's the best job for me.

I would tell my aunt the same thing and not get so hung up on trying to find Mr. Rightnow because Mr. Right is going to come along when you least expect it. I have noticed since she married her husband in 1992, she has calmed down considerably. Not as hot headed.

I would tell my dad to just join the military, get it over with. He also needs to know early on that being a control freak is NOT the way to go about life. Especially with kids. He had 'script' in mind for his life. It didn't work out, now he's bitter about it and he takes it out on me, sometimes I feel like maybe I deserve it, but still I don't want to hear it everyday.

Would tell my uncle to take better care of himself. Don't go down THAT road because it's not where you want to be, it's not where anyone wants to be. You can still be an artist without THAT. Get help, seek treatment early, don't wait until it consumes you and you no longer have control over the disease.

There's just so much to tell but I am thinking in the end it wouldn't do much good because everyone would think I am crazy.

My mom graduated from high school in 1974. She married my dad in 1978.

I could meet up with George Lucas and let him know that Star Wars flopped so he wouldn't bother with it from that point on. Then Star Wars wouldn't exist anymore. Bwhahahaha!

Just kidding.

Cochlear Implant? I didn't know about this word. *shrugs*

I don't think it was called LSD then, it was just acid. LSD came around sometime in the 80s didn't it? GHB showed up in the 90s I think.
Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) was created in 1938. It was first developed as a therapeutic psychiatric drug. In the 1950's, the CIA experimented with it for mind control and chemical warfare. In the 1960's, it became popular on the street, especially with hippies but also with mainstream people. One of its most common nicknames was acid.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? :cool2:

I could meet up with George Lucas and let him know that Star Wars flopped so he wouldn't bother with it from that point on. Then Star Wars wouldn't exist anymore. Bwhahahaha!

Just kidding.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not into Sci-Fi, but went to see the original Star Wars when I needed something to do where there was A/C (parents did not have central A/C). I loved the music (and the story). I was hooked - on Star Wars, not Sci-Fi. Oh, and watching Harrison Ford wasn't too bad either. :naughty:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not into Sci-Fi, but went to see the original Star Wars when I needed something to do where there was A/C (parents did not have central A/C). I loved the music (and the story). I was hooked - on Star Wars, not Sci-Fi. Oh, and watching Harrison Ford wasn't too bad either. :naughty:
Before Star Wars there was 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968). That was a real mix of science fiction movie and drug culture. It was common for the audience to get high before or during that movie. It was the introduction into the 70's. :cool2:

Star Wars (1977) was towards the end of the 70's era.

I'll find good wine and hide it and let it age and turn into finest tasty.

Maybe I'll put $500 and let it grow for last 30 years and auto notify to myself in future on right time to open. whoo! I'm rich!

On a personal level: I can't imagine life without the internet anymore.

OMG, me either!

When we get a big storm and the power goes out, it's tough. No tv, no lights. But hardest for me by far is NO INTERNET!!!

If I go back to WWII, and I"m fly'in Raptor, I can creamed them all.

do anyone remember Mexican Jumping Beans. I got it for x mas when I was 2. I was like "huh?". :lol:

I still wish that whiffle balls would continue to be a popular so i could play with my kiddos. oh well!

Id take ten grand cash, buy a few daytona superbirds and figure out how to bring them back

Oh wait, that wasnt the question...lol

I thought the cocaine epidemic first made it's mark in the 70s but really shot off in the 80s.

I was going to say LSD but I knew that wasn't right! :lol:

OK here we go - she would wonder what I was smoking and if I still had any left of it. :lol:

The cocaine epidemic started in the 1920's. Along with heroin.

Just kidding.

Blasphemy! :P

Just kidding.

I think part one and two are sufficient. I like the first one.

you were talking to someone about all the gadgets we have today, what type of reaction do you think they would have?

Like for example:
If I was zapped back to the 1970s and met my mom during her high school years and I said "I need a plug-in to charge my iPhone through my laptop because I lost my wall adapter."

I would expect my mom to say "Do what-the-houdini-dooly-do-what?!?! Have you been institutionalized lately?"

I would imagine they would think we were on some crazy cocaine trip if they heard us talking like we do today not knowing anything about modern culture and technology.

So, what do you think?

OMG funny you asked this. one time i had a dream about something like this.. a time machine sent me to the 1980s (when my mother was in high school). i was in the girls' bathroom at her school..i saw my mother fixing her make up and i came up to her, saying "hey it's me, i'm your daughter from the future!" she just looked at me like i had two heads and asked "what the hell have you been smoking?" lol. then i showed her my sidekick and said "look at this cool thing! it's a cell phone! you can text/email your friends, take pictures with it, and surf the web. i don't know how the hell you people live without it!"

Back