If there WAS 100% cure...

Mookie said:
:roll:

Same old tales for the deaf culture.....

Honestly, your tactics are older and old news.

Fragmenter said:
Honestly, your tactics are older and old news.

Really, I assume that you are still struggling in order to success on your own execpt your kids. You are still in old ways, and you are refreshing your kids on a new strategy....

Mookie said:
The parents just ignored doctor's cautions about his little son. Same as you just ignored the doctor's cautions that your kid with CI could not play in any contact sports….

That’s pretty odd that one of the Twin is a little lad with his highly intelligent and other is a tall one with low IQ…

Fragmentor, where did you get that midget idea about my comment. Methinks that you may have watched too much on WFW or RAW programs…

I know the family in the show. Despite the health problems shown on LPBW, Zach is generally a healthy teenager, and there's no reason he should be limiting his activities unnecessarily.

And for the record, the word midget is pretty offensive. We prefer little person (LP), dwarf, or short statured. (Personally, of those I prefer dwarf; but it varies from individual to individual, depending in part on the generation the individual belongs to.)

ismi said:
I know the family in the show. Despite the health problems shown on LPBW, Zach is generally a healthy teenager, and there's no reason he should be limiting his activities unnecessarily.

And for the record, the word midget is pretty offensive. We prefer little person (LP), dwarf, or short statured. (Personally, of those I prefer dwarf; but it varies from individual to individual, depending in part on the generation the individual belongs to.)

Did I call anyone midget? Please show me.

Read carefully before you post.

I should have written a "miniature" for adjective instead of "midget."

I thought "dwarf" is worse offense than "midget". They prefer to be called "Short"....

Mookie said:
Did I call anyone midget? Please show me.

Read carefully before you post.

Um, tell that to yourself.

Mookie said:
I just watched a good program "Little People Big World".

The parents just ignored doctor's cautions about his little son. Same as you just ignored the doctor's cautions that your kid with CI could not play in any contact sports….

That’s pretty odd that one of the Twin is a little lad with his highly intelligent and other is a tall one with low IQ…

Fragmentor, where did you get that midget idea about my comment. Methinks that you may have watched too much on WFW or RAW programs…

:dunno:

------------> YOU HAVE NO CLUE <-------------​

Better?

And she is talking about the word itself, she didn't care where you were going with it.

Fragmenter, your'e too kind when you say this guy's got no clue!

Fragmenter said:
------------> YOU HAVE NO CLUE <-------------​

Better?

And she is talking about the word itself, she didn't care where you were going with it.

Write the defination of "Dumb" in next two questions?

1. Whose dumb idea is that?

2. Once upon a time there was a deaf and dumb boy sucks his thumb.

Fragmentor, see these different definations for a same word... midget also has different definations.

Am I missing clues? Tell me...

You have to consider the context and the direction of the conversation. I brought up a point using the little people as an example and you brought up "midget". It looked like a pun to ismi and to me as well.

Audiofuzzy said:
I wonder.. right now we only have HA and CI, nothing that RESTORES hearing to normal perfect state.

But suppose the scientists do invent one day something that will miraculously either restore hearing to normal human range, or there will be a computer chip, or whatever, that will create hearing even more perfect than that of normal human's hearing- what would you do?

Would you like to be able to hear, or would you stay deaf?

Would you then let your baby have this, or not?

I am curious...

Fuzzy

I would like to hear again :)
but I know my soul will never be like a hearing person, in fact I like world of silence and symbols more than gossiping people's speech.

where in world did you get that idea? I have seen this show a coupla times and most definitely taller brother does NOT have lower IQ.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
where in world did you get that idea? I have seen this show a coupla times and most definitely taller brother does NOT have lower IQ.

Fuzzy

I do not have actual IQ scores on both. What I meant is that little fellow is much smarter than his tall brother.

I can't believe that he failed several times to obtain the driving license. That's not his wholehearted fault since none of his peers could chat with him about the cars and trucks....

Mookie said:
I thought "dwarf" is worse offense than "midget". They prefer to be called "Short"....

The term "short" (or "short statured") is acceptable, that's true. But dwarf is also acceptable, and many of us prefer it over any other term. Midget, on the other hand, is about as bad as it gets. We don't even use it internally (i.e., it hasn't been reclaimed like queer, crip, and n*gg*r, which this forum software won't even accept without starring it out). I'm surprised that LPBW didn't make that clear (granted, I haven't seen the show, but that kind of thing is Dwarfism 101). Little Person (which is capitalized, unlike the other terms) is also acceptable, and, in context, is often shortened to LP.

This is the problem with letting outsiders define terms for a group - just as "hearing impaired" was originally intended as a more politically correct term, but because it wasn't used by deaf/HOH, it is today considered offensive by many.

ismi said:
The term "short" (or "short statured") is acceptable, that's true. But dwarf is also acceptable, and many of us prefer it over any other term. Midget, on the other hand, is about as bad as it gets. We don't even use it internally (i.e., it hasn't been reclaimed like queer, crip, and n*gg*r, which this forum software won't even accept without starring it out). I'm surprised that LPBW didn't make that clear (granted, I haven't seen the show, but that kind of thing is Dwarfism 101). Little Person (which is capitalized, unlike the other terms) is also acceptable, and, in context, is often shortened to LP.

This is the problem with letting outsiders define terms for a group - just as "hearing impaired" was originally intended as a more politically correct term, but because it wasn't used by deaf/HOH, it is today considered offensive by many.

I heard somewhere that little lady said, "I am not the freking dwarf, you big sh^t."

ISMI, thanks for the tip...

neecy said:
Youve been whining repeatedly about how things are skewed unfairly for the deaf people, and now when something comes up that actually would be an ADVANTAGE for somebody who is deaf, compared to hearing people, you cry "UNFAIR!"????

I swear sometimes I don't know whether you are coming or going. Do you?
Fairness is a two-way street. You have to look at both sides of everything.

neecy said:
So- even if somebody had to curtail one or two activties because of a CI that's a reason NOT to get one, or a reason why everybody else shouldn't be implanted?
Your analogies are backwards.
neecy said:
I can't waterski or downhill ski because my vertigo gets the better of me - does that mean nobody should be allowed to ski?
By your above logic, people shouldn't be able to have vertigo.
neecy said:
My uncle needed to get a stent in his heart because of a blockage but for some reason he reacted badlyto the stent so it was removed and a full bypass was done. Does that mean that because he isn't able to use a stent, nobody should?
This doesn't fit your first analogy at all.
neecy said:
See where your arguements are going? Not being able to wrestle or box or do deep-sea diving is NOT the end of the world. And as Fragmenter said - with proper protection you CAN wrestle, if thats your thing. I think that arguments against implanting because you "might not be able to do something 10 years down the road" is a non-issue. Period.
You might have a case if you had your analogies straight.

Back