If there WAS 100% cure...

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
I wonder.. right now we only have HA and CI, nothing that RESTORES hearing to normal perfect state.

But suppose the scientists do invent one day something that will miraculously either restore hearing to normal human range, or there will be a computer chip, or whatever, that will create hearing even more perfect than that of normal human's hearing- what would you do?

Would you like to be able to hear, or would you stay deaf?

Would you then let your baby have this, or not?

I am curious...

Fuzzy

I think we discussed in a magic pill thread in the past eh..

The only thing I know of is regenerating cochlear hairs and they are actually working on certain animals with it at the moment. Now, I can't say when they might be able to go that route probably a decade or two.

To answer your question, heck yes I go for it. Bring on the sounds and all its glory (loud or otherwise). I'm used to what HA and a CI can bring and having that "extra bit more" just like the hearing would be really great! I admit I still like to sleep without sounds... :thumb:

Yes, I would also consider having it for my young child as well.

I would, and so would my child.
This would have to be foolproof.
No exceptions. No failures.
Just complete 100% success.

No not me. I actually went through this myself as a teen. I was born without eardrums and earcanals. There is reconstructive surgery that can address this. I actually had it performed when I was seventeen. Initally it was great being able to hear.....and I remmy being able to hear the wind for the first time ever. Still, I hate my ears itching, and sometimes when things are noisy I wish I could just flick off the offending sound like I used to! (the surgery improved my hearing, so that I have a mild-moderate loss from a moderate to severe loss before surgery)

I said -like a normal hearing. So no problems, pain etc unless it's like with a hearing pple..

Fuzzy

Yeah, I would do it. So would my wife. But as a caveat, I would prefer that this magical solution be some sort of artificial device, so that I could turn it off at will. There's definitely one good thing you can say about deafness—it sure comes in handy sometimes when you're trying to get some sleep. :|

Levonian said:
Yeah, I would do it. So would my wife. But as a caveat, I would prefer that this magical solution be some sort of artificial device, so that I could turn it off at will. There's definitely one good thing you can say about deafness—it sure comes in handy sometimes when you're trying to get some sleep. :|

GOOD POINT!!! There are times I turn my CI off simply because I find it easier to focus in quiet (like when I'm studying for a test) and it does make falling asleep easier. I've tried falling asleep with my CI on, and its been harder.

Levonian said:

Quoted for truth.

I guess. I think the only thing that caused my deafness are the cilias (hairy particle).

Heart2Sign said:
I would, and so would my child.
This would have to be foolproof.
No exceptions. No failures.
Just complete 100% success.
I love your avatar and banner... how did you create it?

Serendipity said:
I guess. I think the only thing that caused my deafness are the cilias (hairy particle).
I got the movie called Serendipity! lol

I think I'll stay with deaf, there is one thing I'd like to have a cure on and it has nothing to do with my deafness.

I honestly do not know, I mean I love being deaf and hang out with my deaf friends, if I were to cure myself just to be able to hear so much more, than maybe I would feel a bit sad inside, cause I'm just used of being deaf, and there may be times I don't want to hear everything that is out there, or maybe there are just some things I don't want to know about :lol:

:dunno:

Levonian said:

LOL! So true. I love having my quiet time at night.

Back