I am not getting a CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your choice, but you can always take your CI off for complete silence whenever you want.

Look. *takes off CI* Ta-da... llalalalalaalalalalalaalala *gasp!* Try one more time because your decision is a drastic lifestyle change.

Your choice, but you can always take your CI off for complete silence whenever you want.

Look. *takes off CI* Ta-da... llalalalalaalalalalalaalala *gasp!* Try one more time because your decision is a drastic lifestyle change.

Getting a CI is drastic lifestyle change.

In the future, kids may not be able to take it off like that. It will be a 24/7 processor.

Getting a CI is drastic lifestyle change.

Yes this is true due to surgery risk, but that's why you try to get a surgeon you can trust. Still risking it I know, but you have nothing to lose physically.

Deaf and nothing less than that, so I can't see why OP wouldn't want to try out a CI.

Yes this is true due to surgery risk, but that's why you try to get a surgeon you can trust. Still risking it I know, but you have nothing to lose physically.

Deaf and nothing less than that, so I can't see why OP wouldn't want to try out a CI.

Because the OP is culturally Deaf.

In the future, kids may not be able to take it off like that. It will be a 24/7 processor.

What you mean? You need the external device with the internal implant inside your head to be a "24/7 processor". If the external device is off, you cannot hear a thing.

If you are talking about the "bump" (internal implant) on one's head after surgery, then... meh. :hmm: It's small!

Is that what you saying?

Because the OP is culturally Deaf.

and can still be... :)

That's like a Chinese man dedicated to the Chinese culture moving out of China to America and back... That guy's always Chinese.

Makes sense? I just type on top of my head... :lol:

24/7 internal processor.

btw, most culturally deaf are not a candidate for CI. ENT would not give them surgeries even if they ask for it.

I don't see where the OP states he's not a candidate for CI and I personally forgot to see if he's a candidate in the first place and will ask if one is before I dish out posts like that... I'm sorry if I offended... :/

I don't think he really cares because he probably a proud deaf. Hearing is usually irrelevant in their culture.

If you don't want to speak, why get a CI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back