I am not getting a CI

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip

Reaction score
I've decided to stop considering getting CI for the rest of my life and throw my HA's, and embrace utter silence. It's SO exciting, though I am a bit nervous. It will start on next friday.

I know it will be a hard journey, but expect that utter silence will help me to think better, focus more on my signing skills, and thus become more creative, aware of the surrounding, happier and more satisified. My doctor is very supportive, but is still a bit concerned and warns me that I need intensive ASL instructions, but I am confident the skills needed to benfit from silence is good enough.

We know the choices aren't the same for everyone, and people tends to get offended by choices some of us make, but for me it's about getting most out of life and opening doors.

Cheers, from an
anxious, but excited Flip :)

talk to PFH about this.

Personally for me, I would probably never make this choice...but each to their own...good luck.

I wish you the best of the luck. I have heard that the best way to learn a different language is to immerse oneself in that language for few months.

I've decided to stop considering getting CI for the rest of my life and throw my HA's, and embrace utter silence. It's SO exciting, though I am a bit nervous. It will start on next friday.

I know it will be a hard journey, but expect that utter silence will help me to think better, focus more on my signing skills, and thus become more creative, aware of the surrounding, happier and more satisified. My doctor is very supportive, but is still a bit concerned and warns me that I need intensive ASL instructions, but I am confident the skills needed to benfit from silence is good enough.

We know the choices aren't the same for everyone, and people tends to get offended by choices some of us make, but for me it's about getting most out of life and opening doors.

Cheers, from an

I hope you don't mind my asking, but what's your reason/motivation for doing this? It seems to be a pretty drastic change in lifestyle.

But I do wish you good luck in what decision you want to make.

Cheers, from an
It will be much easier than anticipated I hope. Are you in Europe? Been a while since we've talked so I am not sure.

Cheers, from an

I support whatever you choose to do. :)

If you decide at a later time, that you need environmental sounds, you can always put the HA back on (assuming they still benefit you). On the latter, I wouldn't throw the HA away; just put them in a drawer so you'll have them if you decide to wear them at again.

I support whatever you choose to do. :)

If you decide at a later time, that you need environmental sounds, you can always put the HA back on (assuming they still benefit you). On the latter, I wouldn't throw the HA away; just put them in a drawer so you'll have them if you decide to wear them at again.

I agree.

First of all, I understand and I like my silent world too. Just because I like visualizing better. Sometime, I use my HAs for my distracting world. LOL It's like a on and off switch. I know HA is not cheap, so just put it in the box. Whenever it comes to your mood to use it, you know? So, good luck.

Well done Flip :)

it's your choice, Flip and I'm sure you'll do fine without HAs and CIs. :)

I agree.

First of all, I understand and I like my silent world too. Just because I like visualizing better. Sometime, I use my HAs for my distracting world. LOL It's like a on and off switch. I know HA is not cheap, so just put it in the box. Whenever it comes to your mood to use it, you know? So, good luck.

Its a personal choice, I think. Some people can get along fine in a total silent world; while others may need sound. It's all about what you're comfortable with.

I support Flip 100%. I'm not sure I'd throw the HAs away, though; just in case he decides later that sound might be something he wants on a "sometimes" basis.

Best of luck Flip!

Its a personal choice, I think. Some people can get along fine in a total silent world; while others may need sound. It's all about what you're comfortable with.

I support Flip 100%. I'm not sure I'd throw the HAs away, though; just in case he decides later that sound might be something he wants on a "sometimes" basis.

Of course, its a personal choice.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but what's your reason/motivation for doing this? It seems to be a pretty drastic change in lifestyle.

But I do wish you good luck in what decision you want to make.

Some people prefer being organic :)

When they discover a cure for tinnitus, I will cast my hearing aids away and go completely deaf.

Best of luck, Flip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back