I am not getting a CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
LETS POINT FINGERS AT THE CI USERS!!!!!!!! :lol:

Which is weird because FLIP doesn't want a CI. Those that have been on this forum long enough and have seen his posts should have a good idea of what Flip is about. Hell, the OP should be a clue. He wants to ditch his HAs, so that definitely makes the CI discussion moot in my mind!

No?

Which is weird because FLIP doesn't want a CI. Those that have been on this forum long enough and have seen his posts should have a good idea of what Flip is about. Hell, the OP should be a clue. He wants to ditch his HAs, so that definitely makes the CI discussion moot in my mind!

No?

Right...those who brought up the CIs are new so let's go easy on them. :)

what make you think my experience is not so positive. It is just realistic.

I am wearing bornworn processor... I had to pay $150 out of pocket (no insurance, they won't pay) for the coil and everything. But that's all I have for now

I got the impression you were less than happy with it. You aren't "cheerleading" for CIs :) and I think that what you are experiencing with your CI is an important perspective for all of us to get on the matter.

I'm neutral. I don't really have any feeling for it. I'm not a cheerleader but I don't hate it either..

but just to let you know I'm feeling more resentment that I am unable to function without it. other than that, my experience with CI is real. (now, that doesn't mean I'm right about the "reimplanting" or certain medical therapy , those are the things I read... and cancer treatments are what I've seen with many family members -- we are cancer prone family so I'm kinda of a doom and gloom kinda gal)

Interesting..thatit seems like a deaf person without a CI or a hearing person without a child with CI arent allowed to be taken into consideration. HMMMM

Flip - I applause for your choice. :) Yeah, silence is more peaceful.

Interesting..thatit seems like a deaf person without a CI or a hearing person without a child with CI arent allowed to be taken into consideration. HMMMM

Thankfully, there are only a few who discount me.

It does bother me when they nitpick about something that is common sense. But, oh well, they can nitpick if they want. Won't change how I feel, what I believe in, or, the fact that my opinion IS valued by MANY on here. :)

Now, as I said over and over, lets please try to get back to topic. This thread was originally about Flip's desire to remove his HAs and embrace silence.

Lets try to get back on topic....

Oh no, there are many without CIs and without children who know what they are talking about. She just doesn't happen to be one of those. She's someone who apparently thinks that advances in medical technology will now be frozen until the day we die and claims to know what CI users will experience 20, 50, 70 years in the future.

Oh no, there are many without CIs and without children who know what they are talking about. She just doesn't happen to be one of those. She's someone who apparently thinks that advances in medical technology will now be frozen until the day we die and claims to know what CI users will experience 20, 50, 70 years in the future.

Ok..I can understand your point of view but she does have experience with the medical community..maybe more than you and I ever did. Maybe she has some knowledge about that subject?

Ok..I can understand your point of view but she does have experience with the medical community..maybe more than you and I ever did. Maybe she has some knowledge about that subject?

Thank you, Shel. Do I know everything there is to know about the CI? No, I don't. I also don't think ANYONE can predict the future, either. But, technology as wonderful as it is, is NOT perfect. It's common sense that the present day device isn't going to last a life time.

But, that is off topic.... Here's what I do know for certain....

Flip doesn't want a CI.

End of discussion..... Please.

Thank you, Shel. Do I know everything there is to know about the CI? No, I don't. I also don't think ANYONE can predict the future, either. But, technology as wonderful as it is, is NOT perfect. It's common sense that the present day device isn't going to last a life time.

But, that is off topic.... Here's what I do know for certain....

Flip doesn't want a CI.

End of discussion..... Please.

Agreed.

But, technology as wonderful as it is, is NOT perfect. It's common sense that the present day device isn't going to last a life time.

Please, please stop talking about CIs. You don't know enough about the subject and really shouldn't try to predict the other people's future. If you will just stop making proclamations and making this about you and your very questionable wisdom, this doesn't have to turn into another pro v. con on CIs.

Mod note:

Thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back